main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LavaCake

LavaCake Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Anakin got the Acklay treatment for sure, minus the saber to the back of the head. He could have still used his grappling hook and rope from his utility belt to pull himself off the lava bank. So it's not like he didn't have options.

2. R2_Did_Who

R2_Did_Who Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Well he did roll over too after he was fried, could he not have just rolled uphill too?

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Beauty is certainly in the eye the beholder my friend, because she certainly does it for MANY dudes, myself included. And don't get started with the whole "she's got the body of a 14 year old boy" argument. Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes.

4. R2_Did_Who

R2_Did_Who Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Not 14 Yoshi, 12

5. Qui-Gon-Sin

Qui-Gon-Sin Jedi Master

Sep 18, 2005
    Natalie's teh hawt man. She does not have the body of a teenager... "Closer" anyone? And her attitude and personality are awesome too. She stands for stuff but she's not a wacked out activist that you couldn't take home to mom. I've seen more than one interview where the interviewer says they were interrupted by a fan and she was always very gracious even though she says she doesn't care for celebrity and the loss of privacy.

6. Philip023

Philip023 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Natalie is a beauty. Closer is an ideal movie for viewing the Natalie Portman female form.

Its her acting that makes me cry.

7. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    "Closer" anyone?

Body double anyone?

8. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Mmmmm... not all of it.

Ok, I'll go ahead and give the obligatory "let's get back on topic", or a couple of other female forms are gonna do it for us :p

9. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    1st she did not use a body double. back to topic I felt more for Obi-wan when Anakin was burning, because he lost his padiwan, and his best friend all at once. You could see the heart break in his face

10. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't think we were supposed to feel sorry for Anakin....

No one in the theaters I went to looked concerned for him....everyone was focused on Kenobi and the impact this was having on HIM....

And when this was asked on 5-19-2005....Anakin had almost no support

11. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    I agree. I felt way worse for Obi-wan. He's given his heart and soul to a kid who doesn't appreciate and tries to kill him. But man, has anyone noticed how Anakin's hair looked after he got pwned? Very nice. I wonder what shampoo he uses... wait... used. Gosh what a fopa [face_blush]

12. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Naw - I cried when Obi Wan said
    "You were my brother"
    but in the novelization he also said "I loved you but I couldn't save you"
    that was much more intense.

13. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Yeah there were several parts of the novel that were touching to say the least. This was definitely one of them. The "You were my brother" line probably got to me more than anything. But no crying... yet

14. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Amen to that Yosh. She is BEAUTIFUL. However, she does have the attitude of a diva, and that does not do it for me.

Anyway, to comment on the topic: I was significantly moved when Anakin burst into flames. My wife was sobbing.

15. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    I wasn't sad, but I wasn't giddy either.
    I felt , dunno, sated.
    I'd been waiting to see this iconic moment
    since I first read the SW novelization
    and knew how Obi Wan put Anakin in the suit.
    It felt like the end of a long, long journey.
    And it felt good.

16. King_KAM

King_KAM Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2005
    EDIT: No need for that.

17. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    EDIT: Ignore trolls, don't feed them.

18. King_KAM

King_KAM Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2005
    EDIT: No need for that.

19. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    So, in short, no, you don't really have any insight
    or constructive opinion?

That's impressive. And original.
    No one's EVER thunk that one up.

20. King_KAM

King_KAM Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2005
    EDIT: If you can't be constructive, just don't say anything

21. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    By that time he is completely destroyed by the dark side. Up until that point he absolutely believed what he was doing was for her, because he loved her. To twist his character into such an evil person from the beginning totally undermines his character.

He loved her or was he fearful of losing her? If he truly loved her then he wouldve listened to her when she said what her plans were on coruscant as it relates to family. One thing she did not need was another problem.

22. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I would'nt say that i cried when burst into flames but it was sad to see what happened to him in the end and to see that he was literally stuck in his decision he had made with palpatine and evil.

when the fire went out and he was climbing up the hill and rolled over i thought was a great way to show anakin had given up and wanted to be left to die and also he was very p#$%ed off at obiwan.

23. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    But RS, Anakin was literally lunging at Obi-Wan with his lightsaber raised - that's hardly the moment for Obi Wan to recall a good old memory, or to spank Anakin. Obi did what he had to do, he never went to Mustafar to cut off his limbs and burn him alive. You make it sound as if Anakin was in a Dooku-like position, on his knees and unarmed - when he wasn't, the moment Obi shows his face Anakin chokes his pregnant wife, threatens him and then proceeds to contineously attack him.

He saved Obi-Wans life multiple times, he's a hero of the clone wars, he was podracing for people at the age of 9 for crying out loud. Anakin was not a problem from the start.

The potential for good is always there, even in RotS - it's there when he wants to save the clones from dying, there when he carries Obi Wan on his back, there when he defends the Jedi ideology from Palpatine, there when he informs Mace of Palpatine's revelation, there when he hesitates between helping Mace or Palpatine and there when he sits in the Jedi Council room crying his eyes out.

That's the entire point, Anakin always had the potential to do right, and he still didn't do it - that's why he's crying throughout the movie.

He's not a good/loving husband, he doesn't trust Padme, he doesn't respect Padme, he barely seems to know Padme - so i agree, but that's not the case in AotC. He respects and values her opinion there, and he backs off when she tells him to. RotS goes out of it's way to establish that he's insanely misguided, especially concerning Padme.

24. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    what really moved me was poor obi wan but as for vader himself he just got what he deserved

25. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I found myself wishing he'd burn more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.