main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Mace Windu died?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Lilasaliav, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilasaliav

Lilasaliav Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    Who else cried when Mace Windu died? His death was the saddest in my opinion. He was betrayed by what he was fighting for. He put his life on the line to save democracy only to be mercilessly slaughtered by the face of evil. That was such a heartwrenching scene.

2. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I went home and got into the fetal position in the corner of a cold shower sucking my thumb.

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Actually, I was laughing. UNLIMITED POWER! Classic line, Palpatine was gleefully evil, and I never formed any emotional attachment to Mace. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was super-cool, but I just didn't feel said about it.

In fact, I was laughing throughout that scene, in a good way. It's just so much fun.

4. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Mace was proud. [face_shame_on_you] He paid for it.

5. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    I had tears of a certain kind, yes! lol

Kidding. It wasnt an emotional end for me. But a powerful one. Dramatic if you will. I was just shocked at my first viewing upon hearing him screaming.

It was like Yoda had taken his rattle away again.

6. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    crying ?!?!? it was the coolest death in the whole saga.who else died by flying out of a window while palpatine was saying one of the coolest lines to ever exist in SW and turning the chosen one in the process ??

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I was saddened, but I didn't cry. I saw it as the end of an era in the Jedi Order. A man who fought down any enemy and negotiated with the best of them, who was ultimately defeated by a coniving opponet who knew how to turn the situation around to his advantage.

8. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    no crying here, although I was really shocked by the scene, I was spoiled as heck, yet I was still surprised with the manner of Anakin's betrayal and how Mace screamed, which, I think was well delivered.

9. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    He certainly got fried and screamed for an uncomfortable length of time.
    But it hardly made me cry.
    Ki-Adi's was the saddest in my opinion...

...and couldn't this go in the existing "Saddest Jedi Deaths" thread (a link for which I can't find at the moment because my "search" isn't working)?

Or, indeed, the official Mace Windu thread?...

10. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    It was one of the saddest deaths, but as a Mace fan since Episode II, I had prepared myself and steeled myself for his death.

And it was spectacular looking, despite being tragic.

11. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Mace is a bad mother. He wouldn't respect me if I cried for him.

12. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Yeah GiG I think you said it best. "Uncomfortable" is the word due to the length of the torture, screaming, and then the launching.

13. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i agree.KI's death ws the saddest of all the jedi.the guy actually gad a few seconds to realise that he had been back stabbed...and the face he makes when he looks at the clones... :(

14. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Ki-Adi's was the saddest Jedi death in Order 66 by far...that look on his face was great. Plus, I like the way he gets blasted in the stomach by those cool clone commanders.

Mace's death was certainly spectacular. I'm surprised no one's said this yet, but he certainly didn't go out like a punk.

And if you cried when he died, Mace would call you a punk. ;)

15. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    me too, i was literally tearing up at that and the whole order 66 scene. i was in my bed every night thinking of those secenes and crying myself to sleep. it was everything i thought it would be since first seeing star wars on hbo in '83 and trying to imagine those horrible things obi wan said about anakin betraying the jedi. it was painful, i doubled my dosage of paxil, it was THAT traumatising

16. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Man, what is wrong with you?

17. Lilasaliav

Nov 20, 2005
    Some people just take certain things worse than others.

18. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I didn't cry for Mace...

...but I did cry for Spock.

Of all the souls I have encountered in my movie-viewing...

...his was the most *choke* human.:_|

19. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    spock is a pasty face with no soul, mace and the other jedis were more great than star trek. by the way i dont mean to offend you

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    the guys that you replied to were being sarcastic do i dont think they'll feel offended;)

21. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I loved that shot. The way the Saber sort of rips through Mace's arm and he stands there hollering was just great. I didn't cry. I wasn't even sad .... the adrenaline was too pumped for that. Watching him being thrown from the open window the way a punter makes a field goal was frankly astonishing in it's visual appeal.

22. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    I was clapping! :D

And the entire theater joined me and my friends!
    It was so great.
    I really loved it when he started crying.
    Classic. I watch that part over and over sometimes.

But yes, I did cry 'cause I was just so happy.

23. Lilasaliav

Nov 20, 2005
    MasterKazur

You were rooting for the dark side? That's shocking. Well, good always defeats evil, and Palpatine eventually gets what he deserves.

24. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    i didn't like Mace in ROTS, uptight and really thought lowly of Anakin, i actually kind of liked when he got his arm ripped off by Anakin.[face_devil]

25. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    i was crying and laghing, i just felt so sadistic during that scene. but i cried later on in the night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.