Provo Who da man? Yoda man!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaurenFett, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    people shouldnt be offended, but they sometimes are. and im offended by the term 'white' and would like to be called "European American" from now on. or "Native European". either of those will work, but white doesnt cut it, cracker and paleface are out to. be nice or ill sick the NAAWP on you.
  2. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Frankly, I think lobbying for a certain race is unfair and *gasp* racist. What's with scholarships given to "blacks" only, by race alone?
    What would happen if I started a scholarship for "whites" only?
    I heard the quote in school "Brown people rule. Brown people are the best." from a "brown" person. What's with that?
    Come on, what if I were to say that, replacing the word "brown" with "white?"

It would be racist!
    Then again, I am a straight white male, and thus by liberal definition, a homophobic, racist sexist.

Puh-leease.

Sorry about the rant. *tosses a coin to whoever started the thread.* Just something I happen to be perterbed about.
  3. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    So "black" is unacceptable and "cracka" is?

The double standard is amusing sometimes.

I'm from Maryland, (just outside of DC) so I think that my background is "diverse" enough.
  4. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Personally, I've never been offended when called "white" or a "cracka," but living in Delaware I've learned to watch my mouth; there's a chance that someone might be offended by the word "black," but it's hard to be offended by "African American."

Normally I would not use race at all in any point of conversation, and I wouldn't condone it in anyone else's speech patterns, but since the definition of "Ebonics" is based on those of African American origin, it was appropriate to assert myself in such a way.

Personally, if discrimination has to occur, I vote that we go with earlobe size. I think people with small earlobes are just plain evil.
  5. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Or what about the difference between those with free-hanging earlobes as opposed to the kind that's stuck right to the head? What kind of slurs can we come up for those?
  6. George_W_Lucas_Jr Jedi Padawan

They're called "attached" and "detached."

I think we should call them "smobs."

Smobs are inferior!

7. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
  8. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    today at the bus stop. . .some old indian guy cussed me out!! he used the word that begins with the 6th letter of the alphabet a few times. see, he was talking to these to girls, and he started pointing at all of the 'european americans' at the bus stop and saying 'its not their country, its mine, its not their country its mine' as he pointed at every person. well, when he got to me i opened my stupid big mouth and said 'i was born here just like you, its just as much my country', to which he replied with some french. dirty, dirty french. then i said 'my ancestors moved here, and so did yours', and he again cussed me out. so i shut up. i only say this cuz i hate how people are always calling white people racist (and im not, i actually love the indians, i lived on the rez for 6 months), but its okay to be a racist minority. im done.
  9. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did he have attached earlobes? That might explain the problem. The Smobs strike again!
  10. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    i was so blinded by rage that i couldnt tell, but im willing to stereotype here and guess that he did. :p
  11. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's time for a hate crime!!!

Kill the smobs!!!
  12. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the best and most fittingly violent way to remedy the situation is to capture any and all smobs, tie them up, and, while wearing stormtrooper costumes in the middle of the night near a blazing bonfire, take a knife and "unattach" those raunchy attached lobes (while singing nonsensical chants). Who's with me?
  13. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    When you said Indian LakSivrak, I was thinking from India, that counrty that was occupied by the Britts for so long. So then I was confused as to why a man from India would think this country belongs to him? Then it dawned on me that you meant Lamanite/NAtive American Indian.

Well, everything I've heard about Native American's is that the land is no one's but Mother Earth's. TO be used with respect and not to ever be bought and sold. But evrything I've heard in History class and my readings could possibly be wrong.

LakSivrak, I'm sorry you got chewed out by some bitter old man. He's just bitter from his life experiences with the American Government. Truely not a regular guys fault, but I'd have to say a buraucratic fault.

14. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Also, if we tortured the smobs we'd torture the leads to the Princess Bride, Tom Cruise, Gweneth Paltrow, and my Dad and oldest sister. I've noticed that alot of Hollywood has attached lobes.
  15. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    its because smobs are elitists!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.