Who Dat?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by EBSaints, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat Sey Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

How about my New Orleans Saints? From the second pick in the draft last year to first place in the NFC South. Let's use this thread to talk about "America's Team."
  2. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Nice job beating up on the Cowboys last night. I wasn't that surprised that NO won, but I didn't think it would be a blowout quite like that :p
  3. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. I knew the New Orleans was a good team, but that was a clinic last night, and against a damn good Cowboys team. Congrats EBSaints. My Jets went the opposite direction yesterday!
  4. darth_berryboy Jedi Master

star 1
    I am a big cowboys fan and was excited about the game. I knew the Saints had a pretty good team, but I just thought it was due to a down conference. I had also only see them play once before, against the Falcons at home. (First game back in Louisiana and thought it was the emotional high) But, the Saints really showed me a great coached team, a team that can make the big plays, and Reggie Bush has forgotten he isn't at USC anymore. Great win for them and they ARE a big contender in the NFC.
  5. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The Saints can clinch the NFC South Division this weekend with a win over the Redskins or if the Falcons and Panthers both lose.

Who Dat?
  6. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Every year in the NFL there are some teams who can't seem to win the games they are supposed to win. The Saints are supposed to win this next game against the Redskins. Let's see if they can do it.
  7. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The Saints had three players make the Pro Bowl. Congrats to QB Drew Brees, LT Jamaal Brown and DE Will Smith, who are all elected as starters.

They also had three alternates selected: WR Marques Colston, FB Mike Karney and C Jeff Faine.
  8. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I wanna know who dat was that showed up for the Washington game. ;)
  9. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    No one showed up for the Washington game, that was the problem. The bigger question was who dressed up like the Washington Redskins that day?
  10. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    isnt the original monicker "who dat talkin' bout beating dem Jags?" from Southern University
  11. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Blanco proclaims Saints weekend

The Bayou State is getting decked out in black and gold as the New Orleans Louisiana Saints march toward the Windy City and a possible Super Bowl berth. Today, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco proclaimed Friday - Sunday "New Orleans Louisiana Saints Black and Gold Weekend" throughout Louisiana and urged fans to display and wear the Saints' colors in support of the team.

Louisiana is a state of believers. Throughout this magical season, we have always believed in the talent and heart of Louisiana's team, our New Orleans Louisiana Saints," Governor Blanco said. "This week the team will play the biggest game in franchise history and Louisiana is coming together to offer prayers and support. I urge Who Dat! fans to display the Saints' team colors at their homes and offices and to wear black and gold all weekend as a sign of support for Louisiana's team."

The Saints advanced to the NFC Championship Game for the first time after an emotional win over the Philadelphia Eagles in front of more than 70,000 fans in the Louisiana Superdome last Saturday night.

12. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6

[face_laugh]

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~
  13. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Louisiana is a state of believers. Throughout this magical season, we have always believed in the talent and heart of Louisiana's team, our New Orleans Louisiana Saints," Governor Blanco said. "This week the team will play the biggest game in franchise history and Louisiana is coming together to offer prayers and support. I urge Who Dat! fans to display the Saints' team colors at their homes and offices and to wear black and gold all weekend as a sign of support for Louisiana's team

I wonder if these are the same fans that said they did not care one way or another about the Saints a few years ago.
  14. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    Who dat going to beat dem Saints?
  15. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The Saints magical season came to an end yesterday. Hopefully, this is a the start of something special for the NFL's 16th franchise. Sean Payton is building something in New Orleans and to just make believers out of players and fans and turn this team with a losing attitude into contenders every year would be something special. This team has a few holes and with a good offseason, they could be right back in the playoffs next year.

It has been a weird run for the Black and Gold Nation. There were a lot and I mean a lot of bandwagon fans. I live in Baton Rouge and the media here rarely cover the Saints, and its usually bad press when they do, but to see the media here grab onto the Saints story this year was a mixed bag for me. I don't like all the bandwagon fans in Baton Rouge who just a year ago were ready to let the Saints leave the state, but everyone loves a winner.
  16. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Who dat' gonna beat dem' Saints? DA BEARS.
  17. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Heh, my cousin's name is Sean Payton. Unfortunately, he is not the head coach of the New Orleans Saints.

I was pulling for them to go all the way. Too bad they couldn't get it done against the Bears yesterday.
  18. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    teams that have never gone to a super bowl:

Saints
    Lions
    Cardinals
    Jaguars
    Texans
    Browns
  19. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    The Texans have an excuse as they are relatively new (ignore the crappy draft record), and so are the Jaguars (I'm still counting them even though it's been about long enough to not call them new anymore). The Lions, Cardinals, Saints and Browns are just sad. (Unless you are talking about the current incarnation of the Browns only, and not the pre and post-Baltimore Ravens team).
  20. Darth Mischievous Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm very happy on what the Saints accomplished this year.

To make it to the NFC Championship game just one year after that displaced and disasterous season is quite remarkable.

We have a young team, and one that will mature and get better with time.
  21. Django211 Force Ghost

star 4
    The Saints had a fantastic year even if it didn't end the way many had hoped. Before the season the Bears were on the market for a QB since Grossman's health was a huge question mark. I was really hoping they would get Drew Brees and I knew the Saints got the best QB on the market which would automatically make them better. But I don't think anyone could have predicted their season. With that group of young players they should be good for the next few years.
  22. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The Saints will have their lowest draft position ever, picking #27 in round one.
  23. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    With free agency on the horizon, the Saints have locked up three of their key defensive free agents: LB Scott Shanle was resigned, DE Charles Grant received the franchise tag and yesterday, DT Hollis Thomas was signed to a four-year deal.
  24. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    This was posted in a now locked thread, but we can bring it here:

Discussion:
    1)Training Camp battles for starting Jobs...

2)Offensive/Defensive Schemes for the coming season...

3)Player who will have the most impact on the Saint's season...

4)And lastly, Whose our biggest competitor in the NFC South...
  25. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Being a long-time Chargers fan, I still gotta give it up for the Saints. Very nice to see Drew recover from his injuries and play his ass off like I knew he could.

*Sigh* If only he had that monster season while wearing San Diego colors. Oh well, Rivers didn't do too bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.