main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who deserved a ring?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Django211, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    [image=http://cdn-11.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users12/italianstallion/default/msg-115687746994.jpg] Please, not his guy!!!

2. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    "Donnie Baseball"

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

3. primetime62

primetime62 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2005
    How bout probably one of the guttiest guys to walk onto that mound. Brad Radke.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Ernie Banks
    Ron Santo
    Ryne Sandberg
    Wade Boggs
    Gale Sayers

5. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Huh? :confused:

6. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    McNabb and Marino. Maybe Maning (not the bad one).

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You're talking about McNabb and Manning like they're retired.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000

I can't argue with Reggie deserving a Ring. If the NBA Finals weren't a joke back then we would of had one. The fouls that weren't called on the Lakers that should of been and the fouls that were called on us that shouldn't of been called that series.

I remember watching those games with my dad. We were so excited, the team hadn't looked as good as they did that year in a long time. And with Larry Bird as your coach you can't go wrong.

But I've followed Reggie since I was 11 and now 23 years old. The man truely was a great for the sport of Basketball and he loved his team and the state. I just wish Reggie could of gotten more then his Jeresey in the rafters. But ring or no ring he has the love of a state and that'll never change.

~PK~

9. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004

No, Saro that's a horse. :p

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

10. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    It's pretty sad to think that Ty Cobb wouldn't deserve a ring just for being a racist. Last I checked, personal prejudices and on-field performance were more or less mutually exclusive. When you consider that such attitudes were considered the norm when he played, and that he generally hated most people, especially his opponents, regardless of colour, that's about the lamest argument in this thread.

It's surprising he was never on a World Series winner though.

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Agreed, even though I was a Jordan fan back in the day, watching Stockton lose over and over again made me feel a tad sad for the guy. One of the nicest on the court, from what I remember. If phoenix aren't careful, Nash could be the next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.