main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Who deserves a comeback?

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Isn't that particular racist already back and all is forgiven?

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    all he had to do was shave his crazy hermit beard and they let him back into the Oscars.

3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Considering that Roman Polanski is forgiven, and the people still love their Woody Allen, I don't see how this is any different from Hollywood's usual modus operandi.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I would say Polanski (who admitted to drugging and raping a 13-year-old before fleeing the U.S.), Allen (who is accused, with no concrete evidence, of molesting his estranged wife's daughter), and Gibson (who has severe alcohol and anger issues and did/probably still does hold a lot of vile, bigoted views) are all very different.

MrZAP likes this.
  5. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Are they not all accepted by the filmmaking community? Wasn't Michael Jackson also honoured lavishly upon his death by adoring celebrities who grew up on his music as if him having been implicated in two separate child molestation cases never happened? I fail to see what's new about this.

Darth Guy, I changed my post.

6. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I would say that the Woody Allen accusations are complicated and should not necessarily be taken at face value. And if people believe there aren't a lot of men who think like Mel Gibson working in Hollywood, then they're hopelessly naive. Polanski, who is unrepentant and has extensive evidence against him including his own never-recanted admission, is far above the other two in proven vileness.

Juliet316, TX-20 and Diggy like this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Have to agree with Guy. Although Allen was scandalous at the time, it's actually become far more murky what the actual truth is.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, there are two separate things regarding Woody Allen.

1. His relationship with Soon-Yi, who was Mia Farrow's (but not his, as is the common misconception) adopted daughter, with whom he began a relationship when she was an adult. Skeevy and fair enough to judge him, but it's hardly the greatest moral crime someone could commit.

2. During his divorce from Mia, she accused him of molesting another daughter, Dylan Farrow. Dylan and Mia still maintain this accusation, although like I said there isn't really any evidence other than Dylan's word (who was very young at the time of the alleged incident) and it's complicated due to the nature of the divorce, the nature of Mia's relationship with Allen, the fact that a police investigation failed to turn up enough to bring charges (although that's contentious), and so on. This is what I was referring to, since this would be an actual crime someone would have to be "forgiven" for.

I would say the Michael Jackson accusations are complicated too. :p But no, it's not new. I'm just saying that Gibson is nowhere near as bad as Polanski.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    apparently brendan frasier is making his big comeback in the showtime show "the affair". i, like the rest of you, have never seen it. but presumably some people have.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I have because I watch too much TV. The show is good enough in the first season, but it's not good after that. Not sure why I watched the third season (probably for the Fiona Apple theme). Fraser gives a great performance, though!

Violent Violet Menace and tom like this.
  11. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    That's good to hear. I think most people write off the possibility of him having acting chops.

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I have a soft spot for Blast from the Past. I'd like to see it get remade. Am I in the right thread?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Javier Bardem. He's not gone, but he doesn't get nearly the amount or level of work that he deserves. He's legitimately one of the best actors of his generation and when was the last time Hollywood had any buzz about him? He's still young, too!

Cary Elwes just dropped off the face of the Earth, too. He's really due for some new hits.

14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Isn't Travolta due for a comeback? I swear he has one every decade.

Sarge likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    his comeback was that o.j. show. he was actually quite good. and by good i mean strange looking.

17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Brett Ratner.

j/k, he totally doesn't.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Both of them.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Henry Winkler

Juliet316 and yeurgh like this.
  22. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    DarthViper_81

23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    That's part of the Travolta comeback - stranger looking every time.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He and Cage should make a film together as a joint comeback. Who wouldn't want to see those two faces on screen together. It would be off the charts great, guaranteed. An absolute peach of a film, the kind of peach you want to eat for hours.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If Mel Gibson gets a pass, does Michael Richards?