main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who Destroyed the New Jedi Academy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheReal_Rebel, Oct 18, 2017.

?

Who Destroyed the New Jedi Academy?

1. Kylo

78.5%
  2. Luke

4.3%
  3. Rey

9.7%
  4. Snoke

15.1%
  5. DJ

3.2%
  6. Someone or Something Else

8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    You got the wrong president I think. Here's a clue
    Mr Skywalker, Tear down this academy!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

You are right. It feels like it happened yesterday!

[​IMG]

Django Fett and MingLives like this.
  3. MingLives

Dec 19, 2015
    Quite frankly I think it´s a bit ridiculous to try and blame this on Kylo. There are absolutely no witnesses and no technical evidence pointing to him.

We just have some sordid insinuations from Han Solo - objection your honor! Hearsay!

It's high time for some proper police work I think:
    ...and that gives us:

"The insurance fraudster with the innocent face":
    [​IMG]
    "The arsonist who stays and watches his handiwork":
    [​IMG]
    "The accident with the hobo stove":
    [​IMG]
    "The village idiot":
    [​IMG]

"The classic":
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf likes this.
  4. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think that luke might have been in the blast but he shielded himself with the force. luke is pretty powerful so i think he should be able to do that. the only contradiction possibly is with anakin in ROTS. but he actually should have kept burning imo. i thought he was using the force to put out the fire, etc. he was just so high on the dark side that maybe he didn't do enough to protect himself in the first place (he didn't need to after all - obi-wan was underestimating his power). luke would have seen what was coming and maybe immediately shielded himself. ???

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Why isn't Artoo an option?

oncafar likes this.
  6. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

He totally would've taken credit for it if he'd done it.

cerealbox likes this.
  7. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Looks like Ahch-to, to me

[​IMG]

It would be cool!

But what would have caused it? A fellow studentl breaks up with him? He finds out Han is cheating on Mom? No hot fudge at the commissary for his ice cream?

These are questions I want the film to answer.

This is what I was suggesting. We see Rey’s raw power in the latest trailer and if she was at the Jedi Academy and she has a baby tantrum and blows up everything. That Rey discovers her true history. Kylo may be her older brother, or cousin or simply a fellow student and had compassion for a child. Luke or Kylo takes her to Jakku because she is dangerous.

JawaDog likes this.
  8. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
  9. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    I think it would be interesting to learn that maybe Rey did some bad things when she was young, inadvertently, and that's part of why she was left on Jakku. Meanwhile, Kylo feels the pull back to the light in The Last Jedi while Rey becomes haunted of her past.[/quote]

This is what I was suggesting. We see Rey’s raw power in the latest trailer and if she was at the Jedi Academy and she has a baby tantrum and blows up everything. That Rey discovers her true history. Kylo may be her older brother, or cousin or simply a fellow student and had compassion for a child. Luke or Kylo takes her to Jakku because she is dangerous.

.[/quote]

THIS^^^^^^

For you Stranger Things fans, Rey was like Eleven. When Luke says he hasn't seen raw power like this since...........the last time he saw her.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  11. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i personally think it's very possible rey did do something with her "raw powerz" as a child and that's why she was left. i don't know if she was directly abandoned because her weird parents/caretakers thought she was a demon possessed child or something; or if it was that snoke sensed rey and people were hunting them and they needed her to disappear (like sailing a baby down a river). but at this point i really think it might have been one or the other (i think it would be a cool story personally).

i don't think she destroyed luke's jedi temple because she was supposedly 14ish at the time and already on jakku.

12. MingLives

Dec 19, 2015
    Exactly. "Arson Doubletiming Two-face" is a better name for that little spawn of Satan.

Little pile of junk sure took his Miranda warning to heart. Shut down completely for twenty years.

13. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    I heard it was Obama but not completely sure.

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The Porgs...!

15. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    No way it was Luke. There’s no reason for Luke to go dark after redeeming his father.

It was Gary the Stormtrooper using the toilet just like in Luke’s house on Tatooine.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I think Mark Hamill clearly suggests it was Kylo's doing:

"[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character. And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late."

17. Diminished Comet

Diminished Comet Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 27, 2017
    I think Kylo did indeed destroy the academy... however after the recent trailer I am wondering if it was not actually intentional on his part

The recent trailer seems to be focusing on Kylo (and Rey) having incredible raw Force power. Hence Luke being scared af when Rey breaks that rock

We see a shot of Luke's hand clawing out of the rubble of the academy.... as if the building was destroyed by some kind of explosion. I could totally see Kylo dabbling in the dark at the academy and losing control. Maybe he is confronted by Luke and loses his temper (as he so often does) but this outburst is so powerful it kills everyone.

If Luke abandons Kylo at this point, then who does Kylo turn to? .... that lingering voice that has been in his head since he was born - Snoke.

If Luke goes into exile, without even telling his sister where he went... then the stories that Kylo killed all the students in cold blood has nobody to refute it.

The term Jedi killer is still true, because he DID kill them... but maybe he didn't 'murder' them

MonkFire and TheReal_Rebel like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The writers could set up Kylo to be an Ariana Dumbledore, even with some version of being harassed by non-Force-users as a kid after being seen using the Force.

If done well, it could work and be a point we haven’t seen in Star Wars.

“You can feel the Force but you cannot control it.”

MonkFire, TheReal_Rebel and oncafar like this.
  19. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

I think this could be a very tangible possibility. If you have this adolescent/young adult who may off the chart abilities who has yet learned to control them fully coupled with a dark-sided temper, he could inadvertently snap in a fit of anger and accidentally unleash fury. It's a nice tragic layer. He's still the Jedi Killer, but it was more of a manslaughter level crime than something premeditated. If there are no direct witness (let's say luke was there but got knocked out) and he wakes to dead students and no Ben, it would be easy to suspect he was a lost cause.

This would really work if the final straw that made Leia send Ben away was some sentinel, but less severe event where is abilities were out of control and someone was injured or killed.

I really like the Ariana Dumbledore analogy quite a lot.

20. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    ...as I was saying, Looks like Ahch-to to me. [​IMG]the

21. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
  22. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    None of my image hosting sites are working. Gotta find something.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A really old and senile Ric Ollie did it.

"The whole academy is one big bonfire! And look over there! My nurse with my pills."

ColdLazarou and TheReal_Rebel like this.
  24. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

Looks like Ahch-to to me.

25. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Something that just dawned on me....
    In the trailer, we see Luke keeled back against a rock in the muddy rain, darkness, looking defeated, and he says to whomever is front of hiim, "this is not going to go the way you think". This scene looks incredibly similar to the force-back scene where Rey is in the vision of the muddy rain of the Jedi Temple, as Kylo and his knights of Ren approach Rey, her also cowering in the muddy rain.
    Her force-back was putting her in that scene that Luke faced, and now we see that moment in the TLJ itself. We'll see a "replay" of Kylo and his knights destroy the temple, Luke searching thru the rubble for that ancient book (the robotic hand emerging), and then some confrontation between Luke and Kylo where Luke is spared his life, or kills the other knights and spares Kylo, in that muddy rain scene.

TheReal_Rebel and Darth Smurf like this.