main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who dies? Han or Chewie

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AVIEL1722, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Please tell me your thoughts

Poll closed Oct 30, 2015.
  1. Han

89.1%
  2. Chewie

13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    Who Dies - Of course I think it is Han

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I think Han will die.

(But I think the scene in the trailer that shows Rey crying over what we assume is a body, is the scene where Rey discovers the corpse of "The Vicar" - and it's what spurs on the start of her journey mirroring Lars and Beru corpses spurring on Luke in ANH)

DarthBreezy likes this.
  3. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    It's interesting that there is a controversy. It occurred to me that Han's death rumors might be a red herring and Chewie actually dies ... Possibly due to Mahew's physical difficulties and the effort involved in getting him through all 3 films. Plus the rumors that Ford signed on for VIII. Probably all false but still.

I still think it's Han but it's nice to not be 100% sure.

4. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    Here is a Pic that shows my theory

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Given they don't have a handy moon to smash into Chewie I suspect Han might die but they better explain why Chewie wasn't there to kick Kylo's backside!

Kylo switches his lightsaber on... Chewie distracts him as someone else wide angle stun blasts the idiot! (well they did it to Leia and a lightsaber can't deflect that![face_devil])

7. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    I pieced together 2 pics from the trailer that supports my theory but how do I post it here?

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    upload the pic to an image hosting site, then copy the image URL into a post here. [face_peace]

9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    100% sure Han is gone.

10. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

Nah, they could easily replace Mayhew. Wouldn't surprise me if a stand-in did most of his work on this film actually and PM just did the close-up/expression pieces.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Pretty sure Han takes the dirt nap. It's clear, even if you haven't looked at spoiler outlines or what not, that Han is missing from the last scenes of of this movie. You can put this movie together pretty well if you wanted to. All the pieces are there to put together really.

Clues lead you to Chewie being very much alive and now hanging with Rey.

admiral_Jim likes this.
  12. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They can always get a tall guy to play Chewie. However if Harrison croaks, that creates a problem. So they are going to get Han out of the way.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  13. Zev.Love.X

Jan 13, 2015
    I'm pretty sure a stand-in DID do most of his TFA work, at least the parts when he's moving around and running etc.

What really nails it down for me is the pic of Chewie and Rey piloting the Falcon without Han.

14. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I hope it's Han. It'll add more tragedy and drama to the ST that way (assuming of course that Kylo is his son). Not that Chewie's death wouldn't too, but i think Han's would a lot more. On a side note, i think Chewie should die as well at some point in this trilogy, perhaps saving either Han's other kid's life (be it Rey or Finn), or Leia's. I think that'd be a neat send off for his character. I'd like to see Chewie team up with Lando at some point too, and the two of them take out some FO trash in honor of Han lol.

15. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Was already revealed that Kylo is the son of Han and Leia.
    And it was also revealed that Kylo Ren will kill his father.

16. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
  17. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    What is more sad than the family dog dying or its Friend/Master (Han) and seeing that dog morn his Friend. Not saying chewie is a dog but loyal companion.

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Luke - he's a bIue Ghostie!! [face_nail_biting]

19. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    If that is Han in the trailer shot, his death doesn't match what MSW has reported. They said he falls over a railing, so presumably, there wouldn't be any opportunity for Rey to cry over his body.

I think that's Finn in the shot. The location matches the scene of his duel with Kylo Ren, and it is rumored that he is injured in that fight, right?

I am telling y'all, EVERYONE think Han Solo dies in this film. Fan, non-fan, casual fan. There is no way JJ is going get scooped and predicted like that. I would even go so far as to say they may have filmed Han's death scene to allow whatever spoilers to get out, but I believe it is a red herring. It's going to be Chewie who dies. As AVIEL1722 points out, it is one thing to kill people in a movie, but you know when a dog is killed in a movie -- and yes, Chewis is based on GL's loyal dog, so that analogy works -- all bets are off and no one is safe.

Just my opinion, I think Leia is reacting to the news of Chewie's death in the trailer. Remember the 'I don't know how he will cope' line we heard about months ago, and the question of whether Leia meant Han or Chewie?

Aayla_Amidala and dekaneas like this.
  20. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I have a hard time believing they would show han dead in the trailer

Aayla_Amidala and Darkslayer like this.
  21. Zev.Love.X

Jan 13, 2015
    Well I sure as heck can't tell it's Han, if that's indeed the case.

I admit I'm kinda stoked on following these sites all this time and still expecting surprises.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Oh yeah?
    He as least makes it to Starkiller base.
    [​IMG]

Jo Lucas likes this.
  23. Zev.Love.X

Jan 13, 2015
    The heros change outfits! All our unraveling machinations have been thrown into chaos!

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  24. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but couldn't they both die? It would seem somewhat fitting for them to die together fighting one last fight. Although I do like the theory of Leia reacting to Chewie's death in a couple of posts above me. That makes sense so far.

25. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    It is seam on a jacket. All jackets have seams. Again, consider the death rumor location and the location of the Rey crying shot. Han may well die, but that is NOT him in the trailer as Rey cries. That's Finn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.