main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who dies? Han or Chewie

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AVIEL1722, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Please tell me your thoughts

Poll closed Oct 30, 2015.
  1. Han

89.1%
  2. Chewie

13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    I still think it's Han that bites the dust. This is based on 2 reasons. Firstly I can imagine Harrison Ford only agreeing to return for one last adventure as Han Solo only if the character gets a dramatic exit (we know he wanted Solo to die in the past). The second reason I think it's Han Solo is this picture. Why else would Rey and Chewie be looking so sombre?

[​IMG]

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  2. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    As I have said, this photo is the best evidence for Han dying. However, Finn could be critically injured in the back with Han tending to him. We really don't know where this shot comes from. People are assuming it is at the end of the film after the battle is over and Han has died, and while that makes sense, I do believe that is just an assumption -- admittedly one that makes sense.

Again, I think it makes too much sense. That's more than a clue; that's practically telegraphing what happens, so much so that I have a hard time believing this means what we think it does.

3. PleasedontdieChewie

PleasedontdieChewie Jedi Knight

Oct 20, 2015
    I think Chewie is one on the ground dead and Finn or Han has placed there jacket over his body.

4. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I say let the wookie win.

Rabs and Darth_Corvus like this.
  5. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    Maybe just as Kylo tries to kill Han, they all hold hands in a circle and become invincible, like in that Disney space movie that was "what the Star Wars prequels should have been." Maybe Han should challenge Kylo to a dance off. Add a CG raccoon with mood swings for laughs, and a hackneyed cancer scene to make us feel for Rey in the first 2 minutes.

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  6. UberJediPaul

UberJediPaul Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    That pic above could just as easily be a few frames before Han walks onto the Falcon bridge. It has no context whatsoever without video!

Han & Chewie will survive together & retire together I am sure of that forget MWS that's fantasy clickbait material apart from the leaked concept art they have not produced a single credible scoop which is not just reporting this or that merchandise has/was/is confirms this or that.

Disney would have shut MWS down a long time ago if they had put anything damaging up spoilers wise & or can just as easily change their minds now or even in a few weeks edit it all out no film cans to worry about digital edits can take place within the last week before release.

Bob Iger & Alan Horn will do whatever is best for Star Wars if it fails financially $4b is lot of money to recover from a faded 1980s franchise....what value does Star Wars have in the 21st century..... Brand awareness which is shock horror the classic actors to most people hence:

"You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations." ;)

7. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015

MakingStarWars has been right this entire time, nothing has come out anywhere in any trailer that they hadn't already reported on.

8. jaxbrah

jaxbrah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    i honestly hope neither of them die. in most movies and stories im ok with major characters dieing but for some reason, these characters are too iconic to die in my own book. if someone HAS to die then id go with either finn or poe but i already know poe isnin viii

9. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    No I mean why not both Han and Chewie.

10. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015

Don't say "bites the dust". You're talking about Han Solo. Show a little respect for a legend. This is the man that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. He's outrun Imperial cruisers. Besides.... Legends never die.

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  11. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Considering that they've done the Chewie death in the EU previously, probably Han (to flip expectations). OTOH Ford is signed for Episode 8 (according to IMDB), so..........? Maybe neither? I have heard rumors that he is supposed to die but we all know what they say about rumors?

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Me to this thread.:cool:

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    You should read the MSW plot summary in the stickied thread again before you insist that they got nothing right. I'm not saying their information is complete, but they provided a basic skeleton of the film since February. For example, they knew about the Falcon flying through a Star Destroyer and the Finn vs Kylo fight weeks before the second teaser premiered at Anaheim. And about a lot of other things too. You can't deny this anymore.

Anyone can edit IMDB. It's not a reliable source. It's only confirmed if Disney/Lucasfilm says it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

14. Jedi Ed

Jedi Ed Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2015
    I'm sure Han dies. I can't imagine Harrison Ford wanting to film another film at his age. It's going to be dramatic and emotional especially if Rey is Han's daughter, which I think she is. The shot when she is angrily shooting in the trailer has to be a reaction to a major character death, more than likely Han. It will set the tone for the development of Rey as a character and add substance to the quest of the resistance against the first order.

15. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That scene takes place shortly before she is kidnapped by Kylo Ren in the film's second act. More likely it's the shot of her crying over a body in a snow-forest environment. But the body could also be an injured Finn, not a dead Han. Not sure about that.

But I'm also sure Han dies in TFA.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah it is quite possible that they both survive.

17. TheKnightsOfRenandStimpy

TheKnightsOfRenandStimpy Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I always thought Han and Chewie would go out together by purposely crashing the Millennium Falcon into some enemy structure. I don't know why, but that scenario has always played in my head. However, I think it's pretty unlikely.

18. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    For all we know, neither of them die. I think Luke will go down and become a force ghost for the other two films. That doesn't explain the trailer shot, so in response to the jacket in the trailer/ the shot of Rey in the Falcon's cockpit... obviously it's Han.

Harrison Ford wanted Han to die back in ESB/ROTJ. Plus, if Finn was injured and in the Falcon's med bay, it would be Rey tending to him. If Han's around, no one is flying the MF but him. I hate to think about Leia losing Han though.

19. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Han dies but that is not him laid out in the trailer

CairnsTony likes this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I know which one you mean. That really good film. I can't think of the name.

Seriously, though, you're about two months away from becoming a fully fledged Troll. Enjoy your time with us.

propeller and thejeditraitor like this.
  21. Blackstone

Blackstone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I think Han Solo gets killed in Ep 8.
    Why?
    Because everyone expects it to happen in Ep 7.
    A typical JJ move; deception.

22. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I'm conflicted over this rumor. It definitely could happen, to either one of them, but it's not completely necessary.

If one of them did die, it better be done right because both (especially Han) are iconic and major characters from the Star Wars franchise.

butlerd likes this.
  23. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Sorry about the lack of respect. It must have been the first phrase that oppped into my head. Apologies

24. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Apart from the pivotal star map scene in the main hold of the Falcon? That scene is nowhere in MSW's treatments.

As I've said before, they will have little or no idea of sensitive scenes which this likely is, because Production Logs or whatever they have will keep them completely vague.

If we only have live snippets of the movie adding up to a few minutes and already there's a scene that wasn't known about before, one can say with confidence there are likely to be others.

Claire1976 likes this.
  25. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I believe it will be Han...unfortunately. I feel this will mirror ANH and the wise old "master" will sacrifice himself for the common good. We will hear him say.... "Chewie....take care of her" as he runs off...<sobs>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.