main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do I need to bribe?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Micah333, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Who do I need to bribe to get some colors happenin' with my name?

2. vperozo

vperozo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    ILM
    c/o George Lucas
    1475 Old Flannel Rd.
    La Joya, CA 90275

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Get active on other JC boards outside of FanForce. Lots of them have contests sometimes where the winner gets VIP for a month.

Other than that, you'd have to be really really active and get made a moderator.

I'd suggest you plan a coup of Denver or CS, but you'd still be too young for City Rep.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Any mod or admin post requires you to be 18. So, sorry Micah. But keep trying! ;)

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Go to the JC community forums. They have all kinds of bizzare games you can play. However the pizes may be great, the punishement is equally great. Be careful or you will be banned.

I was once. I played the Mafia game. You have to get into the championship game. So win one (which I did that once too) then play the championship one to get your colors.

I know that if you play the Gauntlet they give out colors too. Then there was the recent big brother house thingie... but I don't know if they'll do that soon.

6. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Well you know Micah even if you don't get to bribe anyone you can still give me money. If you want that is.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If you have to beg, bribe, plead or even ask, then IMHO you are not going to be getting colors in the near future.

The answers are out there if you just read the FAQ's or the all new FAQ's. And if you can't find those, then you're not definitely Mod material. (this is probably the most often asked question on these boards, and the one that ticks most mods off the most)

Sorry for sounding harsh, but that's the way it is.

Here is the answer form the all new FAQ's:

I WANT TO BE A MOD! CAN YOU MAKE ME ONE, PLEASE?

As stated above, the only way to become a moderator in the traditional sense of the word is to be appointed by the other members of the Fanforce staff. Asking to be a moderator is generally the fastest way to take yourself out of the running.

The best way to become a Regional Support Administrator is to work consistently behind the scenes in your chapter, shouldering a large amount of the work to keep it running smoothly.

While City Representatives are publically elected, we encourage this to be less of a popularity contest and more of a recognition of work performed for the chapter and the ability to succesfully lead the chapter. City Representatives are generally elected for the same reason that Regional Support Administrators are appointed - their willingness to work behind the scenes for the chapter.

If you make a large contribution to your chapter that you wish to be recognised, your City Representative can always speak with your Regional Support Administrator about giving you a title to reflect this.

I hope this helps.

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't think he was wanting to be a Mod, Bill. I think he just wants a colored name.

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I know OW was responding to the question appropriately with the standard answers, and isn't trying to be mean in any way, but after the whuppin' Micah took in the Costume board, i'm beginning to wonder if we're the only ones who don't take this so seriously.

He's asking questions, he's being a kid, let him!!!

We like him, I don't want him or anyone else getting fed up or discouraged with not being able to ask questions.

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I second that emotion! (*in a singing voice*)

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sorry, I was not trying to be mean, but I might've come off more abrasively than normal. :( It's just something that most mods or other "colored-folk" get bugged with a lot.

I have no clue about any of the other games or ways to get colors. Back in "the day", if you won a game (the Gauntlet), you got banned for 24 hours if you won. Those were the days. [face_love]

The only people with colors were those who had them in an official capacity: Mods, Admins, and VIP's. I'm totally cool with CR's getting colors, too. But I can tell you that colors is a very touchy subject in the Mod Squad and in Communications. It's kind-of like debating on abortion, or something like that. Just a very often debated, talked about, and thus worn out subject.

Sorry. :/

12. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    VIP's huh? Alright...Hollywood, here I come...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.