main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Who Do You Like Better? Round IV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Jun 7, 2003.

?

Who Do You Like Better? Round IV

Poll closed Jul 7, 2003.
  1. Leia

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Padme

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
  2. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    This poll does not mean "Who do you think is better looking?" ;)

Base this on their overall character.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Leia...No question.

Padme is irritating.

4. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Gee, I wonder who I picked. :p

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    AMEN MARK!!! I highly agree. Leia is the all time kick butt heroine. Padme is just...well...Padme.

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Leia is the untraditional Princess. She doesn't wait to be saved. In fact she rescues her rescuers. She's intelligent, outspoken, and has a great sense of humor. She fights for what she believes in and gives it 100%.

Padme is the traditional Queen. When times get tough, she calls the Jedi. "Oh save me Jedi protector, you big strong man you! I can't break a nail." She has no sense of humor. And up until AOTC she had the personality of dry toast. I think that she was changed just because a lot of fans complained she was just so "blah." You almost have to wonder where Leia came from.

I feel bad for Padme. Its not her fault she had to follow in the footsteps of such a great character.

Note:
    Opinions in this post may be slightly biased. ;)

ETA: Hee! The spellchecker keeps wanting to change Padme to Padre, Jedi to Jed, and Leia to lie.

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "And up until AOTC she had the personality of dry toast."

I think that's an insult to dry toast! :p

Padme has that whole "pampered upbringing" thing going about her. "Ooooh, don't hurt me, I'm a Queen/Senator, and I have an angry teen drooling all over me! Where's my manicure!" She doesn't know how to get out of a scrap. Leia had style, she brought the fight on and had an attitude...We men like women like that! ;)

She's fanboy material. Easy on the eyes, but she has a voice that will cut right through ice. And it also helps if she had decent dialogue! :)

8. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    i..like...dry...toast.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Padme all the way....way more beautiful. :D

10. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    *shakes his head*

This poll has nothing to do with beauty as I said in the first reply, but whatever.

It is all about Character. :)

11. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I think they are both extremes dreampt up by atypical female character traits.

Padme is the Queen pampered and predictable. She runs around acting tough but waits to be saved. She understands when Anakin says he killed them all even women and children, like a dutiful love interest should. She insists they go save obi Wan, but she changes clothes 3 times on Tattooine.

Leia is the STRONG Woman. She can do nothing wrong. She always hits what she shoots at, can withstand all sorts of tortures, is attractive, intelligent and hard edged with just the right amount of feminine softness thrown in. In creative writing, she is known as a "Mary Sue" the generic pefect heroine.

I'll pass on chosing a favorite ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.