main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who do you think is going to inherit the Falcon?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 21, 2015.

?

Next owner of the Millennium Falcon?

1. Rey

101 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Chewie

71 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Finn

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Poe

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Leia

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Luke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ben

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think the Falcon will be destroyed, but the porgs will link arms and form their own feathery version of the ship.

cerealbox likes this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Cy-porgs

3. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    My guess is it'll be Rey with Chewie remaining on like Han seemed to want. Although personally I'm expecting and waiting for the Falcon to perish in a blaze of glory at this point.

Don't get me wrong I like the piece of junk as much as anyone else but if you want to do something exciting and unexpected at some point then destroying something that's been a part of the franchise since the beginning would be it. Destroy it in a big battle or maybe a trap and give it the send off the way it deserves. Both Enterprises have done it on screen. It's only a matter of time before the Falcon follows the same fate.

The line from Return of the Jedi where Han says "I just have a feeling I'm never going to see her again" or something around those lines has kind of made bugged me once I heard it now again from an older perspective.

Did that mean the Falcon was going to be destroyed in the final act with Lando and Nien Numb dying in the explosion of the Death Star as a heroic sacrifice? Or did they decide not to do that but left the line in to maybe throw people off and make them think it would.

We know it couldn't refer to Han himself dying since Lucas already said no. But the fact that he wanted no heroes to die (unless you count Anakin who becomes a hero in the end) would mean he'd want Lando and Nien Numb to survive. If of all this has been common knowledge for years and I just didn't know all this time then I apologise for my ignorance.

4. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    It turns out he was talking about the circular radar dish.

Go figure.

Paparazzo and Jacques who like this.
  5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
  6. Jakethewhitt02

Jakethewhitt02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Call me crazy, but I am going to say Ben Solo will inherit the Millennium Falcon.

Luke02 likes this.
  7. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    You're crazy

D'an and Jakethewhitt02 like this.
  8. Jakethewhitt02

Jakethewhitt02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Thank you! :)

cerealbox likes this.
  9. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    Kylo Ren killed Ben Solo.

Jakethewhitt02 likes this.
  10. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    I'd love Kylo to get the Falcon, I'd love it to happen in TLJ. I'm just going to take a giant leap and say RJ told JJ to take that deleted scene out of TFA not to ruin the moment Kylo gets it in his movie......:)

moxlox likes this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Definitely a moment missed if Ben was good or the Solos had another kid. Having the kid(s) fight for the keys to the Falcon. I always imagine the Solo offspring trying to sit in the Captain seat only to have Han run into the cockpit during a daring escape and give them a look to get out of it. Would been rather funny watch the kid pout in the corner as Dad isn't giving the keys up to the MF yet.

In terms of this film, obviously the Falcon belongs to Leia. Now who she lets use it is another matter. Chewie should get first dibs of being the Captain going forward with Rey or even Luke as the alternates.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Kylo will never sit in the Captain's chair as long as Chewie is alive. The tail end of TFA and what we have seen of TLJ so far (emphasised in the toys and games) points to a Rey and Chewie 'team'.

Jazz9276 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think when this triology is over and as long as Chewie survives, he will be given the Falcon.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Good thing I just swallowed what I was drinking, otherwise that was going to come flying out my nose the moment I saw your post! [face_laugh][face_relieved]

"Given"? I think we've learned that the Falcon is never "Given" to anyone... it can be won in a bet, it can be stolen, it can be borrowed... but NEVER can it be "Given".

cerealbox likes this.
  15. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    The Millenium Falcon will self destruct due to the Y1K bug.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I ever mention that the way Luke is turning on the falcon is much more elegant than Han's?

MeBeJedi, Django Fett and nightangel like this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    That's because Rey rewired it :p

Darth Smurf likes this.
  18. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005

She gets Anakin's lightsaber, she gets Han's Falcon, next she'll be getting Leia's buns and we'll all have to deal with it. Rey buns now. :p

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    As long as she does not get Lukes beard I am fine with it

20. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Obi Wan's stunning ginger beard. She goes for the best of everything!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah but the Fonz was always a lot cooler than Richie when it came to turning on the jukebox. I guess we have come full circle in a way since "Richie" eventually got to make a movie about Han Solo. Stay in school kids.

Jacques who and MeBeJedi like this.
  22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Chewie should be the new owner but they'll make it Rey because the plot demands it

MeBeJedi likes this.