main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who do you think is going to inherit the Falcon?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 21, 2015.

?

Next owner of the Millennium Falcon?

1. Rey

101 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Chewie

71 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Finn

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Poe

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Leia

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Luke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ben

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Being there from the beginning, the MF has always been synonymous with Han Solo. With Solo gone it seems redundant and more like a legacy. It has served its purpose. It will always be a legend in SW lore but as others have expressed; we may not see much of it beyond TLJ. Kylo will do everything in his power to destroy the final memory of his daddy, and now the FO has good reason to hunt fir it. For me it is a fitting end for my childhood dream ship!

11-4D likes this.
  2. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Kylo Ren should steal the Falcon and then decorate the inside to make it all menacing. In fact maybe that is why Kylo Ren turned to the darkside because Han wouldn't allow him near his precious.

3. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    It's obviously Chewie's. The books make clear that he allows Rey to pilot.

4. RyanjohnN

RyanjohnN Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2017
    It should probably be Chewie's but I think it might end up becoming Rey's. I wouldn't mind a "redeemed" Ben Solo and the Millennium Falcon flying off at the end of Episode 9, never to be seen again... (until they show up in the SST out of nowhere to save the day, kinda like his father did in ANH).

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Books don't count. We need to see Han's Will, specifically the bit where he states who gets the Falcon. If there is no Will then it will go to Leia who would obviously give it to Rey.

6. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Are you saying that without a Will, there's no way?

Jacques who and ColdLazarou like this.
  7. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Ownership aside, you know there's going to be some battle and Kylo is going to find himself piloting it at some point because he's one of a few finite number of people who is likely familiar with its idiosyncrasies.

8. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but as a rule of thumb, irl, in America, at least, if you murder someone from whom you had a right to inherit, you forfeit your inheritance.

For obvious reasons.

I could imagine things might work similarly in the GFFA.

Uhh not that this actually has any bearing on what is likely to actually happen XD

Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The poll needs updating. The clear answer is that the Porgs will inherent the Falcon

Jacques who and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  10. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Porgs will inherit the earth...

Jacques who and vncredleader like this.
  11. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Apparently you and I are wrong on whether books are canon and whether they "count" or not.............
    But I digress off topic.........

12. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    After it's destruction the force will inherit the falcon.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It's obviously Chewie's.

If somebody ends up stealing it from him, I'll be pissed.

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "No Chewie! Come back! We love you! "
    "Grwaarrr mmmff" ("It's the only way")

The dramatic music swells, and Chewie (with a Porg in Han Solo vest, who has no idea what is happening by his side) dives the Falcon into the Command Tower of Snokes Mega Star Destroyer.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This has to happen.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It belongs in a museum!

Jacques who and GregMcP like this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Poe, Finn and Chewie will fly off in the Falcon at the end of IX and it'll lead to Star Wars: Road Trip being the 3rd stand alone film.

18. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Why wouldn't it be Chewie? Makes the most sense. It was his home for years, after all. Even if offered, Rey would be kind of a "blankety-blank" to even say yes.

19. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i would love if finn ended up with the falcon. he knows how to pilot now. omg. or finn and poe. but i have a feeling it's chewie or rey.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Damn... An idea has just crossed my mind. A redeemed Ben Solo at the end of IX, when everything is about to be lost, takes the Falcon alone and, while we hear Han, Luke and Leia speak to him, he ignites the lightspeed and crashes the Falcon into Snokes capital ship.

11-4D likes this.
  21. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
  22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I posted that same exact thing about a year and a half ago lol. Would be pretty cool but I don't think Kylo should sacrifice himself, too Vader-y.

23. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Think Rey would inherit it or it does make more sense that Chewie does. Either way, I've always imagined the Millennium Falcon as a classic SW character onto itself.

24. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002

In the cockpit, Rey headed for the copilot’s seat, only to find her way blocked by a massive, hirsute form.
    “Chewie, the Falcon flies better with two people at the controls, you know that. I’ve already sat in that seat. I’m ready to do so again.”
    A series of moans came from the Wookiee. Then he turned—and sat down. In the copilot’s seat.
    Rey felt herself tearing up. “You’re serious, aren’t you?”
    Chewie groaned and, to make certain she grasped his meaning, gestured to his left. Toward the pilot’s position.
    Sitting down, she settled herself in. She could do this. If Chewbacca felt she could do it, then who was she to dispute him? As she hesitated, the Wookiee reached over and mussed her hair. Grinning, she made a show of trying to slap his hand away. He had no idea how much this innocent, familial gesture meant to her. Behind them, R2-D2 beeped happily.

That Chewie allows her to pilot the MF doesn't necessarily mean he owns it. There's a different meaning in his gesture: He's showing her that he has faith in her abilities. Even Han said Chewie likes her.

(Fun fact: hirsute means "hairy". :D )

25. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I wonder if a redeemed Ben Solo would consider it appropriate that he own and pilot the ship of a man he murdered, father or no.

I would hope not.