SWC Who do you think is the most powerful Sith Lord

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Gartin, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gartin Jedi Padawan

star 1
    IMO it has to be Sidious or Bane. Revan and Nihilus are up there to.
  2. Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Sidious. GL said so. Only way that will change is if Disney does so now that they own SW.

GL only acknowledges (well..acknowleded..now that he doesn't own it anymore) EU for two things...one...if he decided to use something for his movies (like Coruscant)..and two...the money.

Also you can't go by EU to figure out "who's stronger" in any of it. Because EVERY writer tries to outdo the rest.

In EU the weakest force-sensitive embryo displays more power than the likes of Sidious or Yoda have in the movies.

it's one thing I dislike about the EU..even if I've enjoyed just about every story (overall..they've all had parts I disliked) I've read....Jedi/Sith are turned into comic book superheroes.

BioWare gave us Revan and Malak...Obsidian countered with Nihilus who could then wipe out force-sensitives on a planetary (and almost universal) scale...So BioWare countered with Darth Vitiate (in SWTOR) who is NIhilus basically but turned up a notch...etc..etc...etc.

If we go by EU...as of now...Vitiate is the most powerful seeing as how he has absorbed so many force-users into himself and was working on wiping out all life in the galaxy save himself.

But see...it's ridiculous levels of power. Which is my point. I prefer how the Jedi were shown in the OT as even opposed to the PT (anakin jumping out of the taxi cab..force or not he should have been creamed when he grabbed the car...or at least had that arm ripped off and then died by the fall.....or Obi-Wan somehow not having his hand sliced in half when he caught himself on that extremely thin piece of wire after falling while fighting Jango.) Whereas in the PT Jedi/Sith are powerful, but not stupidly so and we don't see them do anything really outrageous (like the PT stunts I mention)
    TX-20 likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sidious is definetly the most powerful, but I'd call Nihilus and the SWTOR Emperor for a shared second place, I guess.
    EU does tend to go a bit over the top but eh, it adds to the flavor and diversity so I don't really mind.

Darth Nihilus is a really cool and unique design, with that weird sound he makes and his ghost spaceship, really cool stuff.
  4. The_Riddler Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Sidious. GL said so.
    ----------------------------------------

Lucas says a lot of things :p "Maul is dead" anyone?

anyway IF we are counting EU then it is quite obvious that Sidious isn't the most powerful (probably the most intelligent though) have you read these Star Wars comics? look at the rather stupid things Darth Nihilus can do, the most we see Sidious is shout UNLIMITED POWERRR while blasting himself in the face with lightning, comic-book sith would laugh in his face quite frankly.
    Last edited by The_Riddler, Sep 16, 2013
  5. Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I hate Bane for putting the Rule of 2 so he is discarded for me.
    I think Exar Kun may be the strongests of all.
  6. Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Knight

star 4
    Sidious and his UNNNLIMITED POWWWWAAAHHHHHHH!
    BigAl6ft6, JediKnightOB1 and TX-20 like this.
  7. Darth_Furio SWC Senate Chancellor

Game Host
    star 8
    I think it's Sidious just by what is out there in the EU and the films, but I would also say him because his accomplishments stand out as well.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Vader

Yea, I said it, shoot me :p
  9. Darth Gartin Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Sidious is for sure the smartest and has accomplished more (by far) than any other Sith Lord. He accomplished more in 40 years than what all of the other Dark Lords had in over a millennia.

Although I think that Darth Krayt ruled the galaxy also. Didn't he?

And yes I agree Vader was for sure a badass.
    Last edited by Darth Gartin, Sep 17, 2013
  10. CT1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sidious is the most powerful Sith we see as a developed character, but I personally have to give some props to Darth Sion. Effectively dead and rotting if not for the fact that the man is keeping himself alive through pure hatred. He's pretty much the only Sith that reached physical immortality, beyond even Sidious/Palpatine - who cheated using clones.
  11. TX-20 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sidious. His cackling alone was enough to scare Master Yoda into exile.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Sidious.

As far as EU characters go, I'm a fan of Freedon Nadd.
  13. Darth Gartin Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I read the Darth Revan wookiepedia. He was very powerful as both a Jedi and a Sith Lord. After he was redeemed and gained his memory back he could use the light and dark side of the force at the same time and release it in its purest form. But during his time as a sith he was one of the most powerful.
  14. Krusty the Clone Jedi Youngling

star 1
  15. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Darth Sphincter was the most powerful at letting out a Bronx Cheer. [face_shhh]
  16. JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Master

star 3
    I think Sidious, but he rarely had to use his real power/the Force itself. Intelligence, patience and good planing made him so much more powerful.
  17. Separatist101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Most powerful one I can think of is Nihilus, for obvious reasons, Sion is sort of powerful due to his immortality, reborn Palpatine could create hyperspace wormholes, so sort of powerful as well
  18. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Sidious, followed by the Sith Emperor.
  19. Rauno Jedi Knight

star 1
    Top 2 should be the two emperors i guess. Hadn't Anakin lost his true potential after he became Vader though, he would've evetually wiped them both.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Aaronaman Jedi Knight

star 4
    How can Sidious be the most powerful Sith if Vader killed him?

I'll vote for Darth Vader in this one
    jedi_barry_jones likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Anakin Skywalker killed Darth Sidious. So, Sidious may just be the most powerful Sith Lord.
  22. Rauno Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's not exactly like the two of them actually fought. Anakin chopped off Maces hand with a lightsaber, would you consider him a better duelist?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2
  23. Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Darth Sidious, he can save others from death, including himself.
  24. Master Selkath Jedi Knight

star 2
    Darth Sidious followed behind Reven and the SWTOR emperor
  25. CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight

star 4
    In another universe, Darth Vader. In the normal one, Sidious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.