Who Do You Think Sypho-Dyas Is?

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, May 19, 2002.

?

Who Do You Think Sypho-Dyas Is?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2002.
Darth Sidious/Supreme Chancellor Palpatine 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Qui-Gon Jinn 0 vote(s) 0.0%
There is another... 6 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Although the name would lead you to believe Sidious, I think Dooku is Sypho-Dyas. This is due to him being a Jedi, and Kamino being erased from the library could only have been done by a Jedi, so that sort of rules Palpatine out. I think Palpatine could be a possibility, but I threw Qui-Gon in too because it said that Sypho-Dyas died about 10 years ago, which was when Qui-Gon died at Naboo. What are your thoughts?!
  3. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh boy.... Random, didn't I tell you that I was talking about this with one of my frineds?

Sypho-Dyas is really a Jedi. He was on the council and then killed around the time TPM occurred. Dooku then used his name to order the Clone army, and Dooku himself erased Kamino from the database before he left the Jedi and became one of the Lost 20.
  4. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    I have JarJarJedi's premission to post.

Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi who died under mysterious circumstances, before Naboo. Dooku took his name to do two things. 1. Frame the Jedi for a future endevaor. 2. Convince the Kamioans to create the Clone Army and that there is no malice involved in ordering such a thing.
  5. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    And your source material is?

BTW the correct spelling is "Sifo-Dyas," minor detail.
  6. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since Obi-wan knew who he was and said he died before the order was placed, he must have been real but may have been kiled by I would think Palpatine. Dooku doesn't seem to me to be able to go in the temple unnoticed.
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    While Sifo-Dyas was once a Jedi, I voted for Sideous/Palpatine because I think he used the identity of the deceased Jedi to place the order for the clone army shortly after his election as Supremem Chancellor. I don't think Count Dooku could erase the files himself, because he was too well known/recognizable. However, he could have told Sideous/Palpatine how to access the Jedi archives and erase the location of Kamino. I also think Palpatine had to have gained access to the Jedi Temple because of him having a Jedi Holocron (as seen in Dark Empire II and was supposed to be seen in AOTC.
  8. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Palpatine got the Jedi Holocron from Ashka Boda during the Purge.

Dooku would've had an easier time moving through the Temple than Palpatine. No one would've question him as he's still a Jedi Master. Erasing Kamino wouldn't take much time and he would've been finished before long.

As to using Sifo-Dyas to frame the Jedi, remember the Jedi aren't well loved in the OT. Not everyone believes in them. Much less would trust in them for the Purge to have started. Make the Jedi look bad, people will turn against them and make it easy to start the Purge.
  9. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Went to starwars.com, still no metion of Syfo in the databank.
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'd like to clarify my poll. I knew that Sifo-Dyas or however the heck you spell it, was a real Jedi who died around the incidents of TPM, as Obi-Wan,Mace, and Yoda talked about him. My poll should have been phrased, who do you think assumed the identity of Sifo-Dyas to order the clone army? I bet it was Dooku, because "only a Jedi" would be able to access the Kamino file and delete it.
  11. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    The databank on StarWars.com is not what you call up to the date everyone in the books in it databank.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.