main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you think was the worst actor /actress in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Arth, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    SithWraith... I disagree with you on almost all points about Christensen. I think his posture/body language is great. His bad moments in voicing seem to come from overdubbing (same with McGreggor). Also, a few of the shots are badly edited together and it makes the movie "jump" into strange moments of dialogue (the IMAX cut is much better in this respect).

I don't see the bad Portman acting. I have tried to see it but she is playing her part. If you don't like the character then blaim Lucas. He wants them stiff and monotone.

Dark-Vador, agreed. Enough said.

RB

2. SithWraith

SithWraith Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    "He wants them stiff and monotone"

Well, are you sure ? Do you imply that Lucas is mad ? I find it either hard to believe, or just ridiculous. What is he trying to achieve exactly ?

I think my opinion on Hayden's acting was rather moderate. I didn't bash the guy.
    About his body language : he is very good in some scenes. Not quite in a few others : the battle scenes on Geonosis (both on the assembly line and in the arena) are an exemple.
    But he is good on Tatooine.

Now, I understand what you're saying about the overdubbing factor. But tell me, as a viewer, does it make the acting any better to know that ?

Do you want me to excuse the bad acting because it was either wanted by Lucas (?????) or due to tecnical reasons ?

How bizarre ....

I'm new here, but I realize I have an awful lot to learn ;)

3. LoneEvenstar

LoneEvenstar Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    I think that Hayden Christensen could've done a better job if the writing wasn't so stiff. He's a pretty good actor though; I've seen him in another movie. I wonder if the script for the next movie will be better, because AOTC seems to have taken a step up from TPM (thank goodness).

4. RevengeofDahveed

RevengeofDahveed Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Lets hope for Hayden's sake that (like Hammil) he has some sort of back end on these movies. Even if Episode 3 is lightyears better than 1 and 2, it aint gonna make him a superstar.

5. Jedi_Critty

Jedi_Critty Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2002
    opinions people.

6. pandawan

pandawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    Sithwraith, I agreed with a lot of your post...and welcome to the boards!

I thought your views were well and appropriately-stated by the way, also...

I agree also that I can't imagine GL wanting his actors to be stiff and monotone.
    Yes, Padme has an 'official' posture, but I think you hit it right on when you commented that there is a part of NP's performance almost everywhere that seems to indicate a
    'meta-awareness', and sort of comic-book seriousness that screams "I am right now appearing to be a serious person discussing matters of great importance to a big ol' galaxy'. I think that NP's own comments about how she was never really into SW, and she thinks its all sort of a grand myth representing other things, (sorry, I forget all the sources here..maybe SW Insider interview?), is made clear in her performance. Though I also suspect that she is just generally monotone.
    She really and truly says almost all her lines the same way.
    Hayden was also known to have been troubled by all the bluescreen, as so many actors are...Ewan does best, I think, with it. His scenes with Dex and with the Kaminoans and with Jango involved tons of it and I think his movements were mostly quite natural...he's got great poise and more experience with it all than Hayden, who I think also did fine in most respects.
    I honestly think Natalie did better in TPM...

I just think Natalie never really tried here...like she somehow took the directing bit that we for sure know (from interview again) GL gave her...(Ok, here you have to play older) and did only that...nothing more. And it seemed like for her, acting older meant somehow a general un-directed glare and pseudo-seriousness. She was better in TPM trying to play younger.

I so disliked her performance that even the truly lovely lovetheme music I find eye-roll -worthy when I hear it while watching her on-screen...and then when I listen to it on the cd without having to watch her I love it again...it's really a strange feeling...

cheers everyone!

7. indy4

indy4 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    THese movies are doing nothing for the actors starring in them.

I actually thought the deleted Senate speech was the best work Natalie did in AOTC.
    Worst actor, Samuel L Jackson. He's usually great, but in SW he's just dour and serious. Also, his best scene was deleted, the hangar with Obi-Wan. Mace almost showed some human warmth.

Now that I think about it, Christiansen was pretty bad, simply because he was so inconsistent. One minute, ranting and immature, another instant cool and detached, sometimes passionate. All over the place, he was! Plus he get the worse dialogue

8. Critty

Critty Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    indy4, wasn't Anakin supposed to be like that.

9. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Yeah, that's exactly Anakin's personality.

10. MilleniumIstraShavas

MilleniumIstraShavas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    Worst Actor Hands down was Samuel L Jackson.

As Great as SLJ is, he just didnt cut it in EII. It just seems like hes trying too hard, or hes ACTING instead of being.

Honestly, I think they are all good actors in their own sense. I just dont think they mesh well together. At the first of the movie when they are in Palps room and Padme talks about whose trying to kill her/Jedi protecting her.

Omg, that was a horrid scene. All the lines were off, and what was with the pauses and such? It was like everyone was hesitating to say their lines or something. I noticed that immediately.

On the other hand the best actor I think was Hayden. People say: "hes too whiney and pouty"...well duh, thats how his character is supposed to be. Hayden is extremely good at the "Im angry at the whole world" scene. Just look at Life as a House. Hes a tremendous Actor...and the bedroom scene he did a very good job.

Ian and Lee are also good. Although you cant really say Lee is good, hes one of those legendary actors :)

11. wookieperm

wookieperm Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2002
    Anakin's nipple - what was its motivation?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.