main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you think was the worst actor /actress in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Arth, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Natalie.

What happene to her? She was a good child actor.

Leon, Beautiful Girls, Heat...

But she grew up and became boring. I mean, look at Where The Heart Is or look at that other stupid movie she did with Susan Sarandon movie... what a boring actor.

She did a much much better job in TPM. Probably because she was still in transition from child actor and adult. She was in between.

But I will say this, at least she is cute and has good physical chemistry and so I can accept it. She's good at the action stuff and at giving those pouty looks. :D

The best actors in the PT are Ian, Ewan, Christopher and Hayden (who I thought did a very good job).

Also will give mad props to the voice actors. Because I thought Watto, Dex and of course, Yoda, were great. Especially Watto is perhaps my favorite creature in the entire saga.

And runner up to Temura Morrison as Jang, who I thought was great.

And I will like to add here, that even though he was not in AOTC, Liam Neeson gets my vote as the best actor in the PT and even the best actor in the entire SW combined. Nah, scratch that, he is tied with Alec Guiness as the best actor in the entire saga. Liam did a fantastic job! Wish they wouldn't have killed him off.

2. Darth_Arth

Darth_Arth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Totally agree with you son of the tear.

3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Great...here we go again.. Natalie did the best she could with her character. In fact, There are no worse actors and actresses that acted bad in AOTC. Relax.. its just a movie... I had no problems with the acting. Do I CARE? No... *shakes head*

4. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    All the acting is bad, in this abysmal movie. I reckon even I could act better in a SW movie. It takes no talent whatsoever.

5. darthtj

darthtj Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2002
    Yodaschum, and you also said you can write a better script and diret better than GL. Instead of saying it on the inet , why don't you actually go out and do it if your that talented.

6. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    yeah? so what? Who cares...Its just a MOVIE! Sure...the PT/OT had some bad acting in it...but why would anyone care? Its just a movie. Enough said. Bye! *zooms away in his speeder*

7. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    I think Hayden did a good job but just had corny lines. Ewan McGregor , and Ian McDirmaid(spelling error) also did a good job.

/Have you ever wondered why almost all the deleted scenes had Padme in them. ;)

8. TheDarkSkull

TheDarkSkull Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I could care less about acting nevertheless. All I care for is plot and fun :)

9. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    Yodaschum, and you also said you vcan write a better script and diret better than GL. Instead of saying it on the inet , why don't you actually go out and do it if your that talented.

Maybe I will. You know what, some of you take this all way too seriously. You act like I've personally insulted you and your family.

10. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hayden Christensen
    So Campy it`s like Kirk Cameron in Space!

11. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    I think the best actor in AOTC was Ewan McGregor.

12. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    The acting in Star Wars is very stylized, its supposed to be the way it is. Therefore you cannot necessarily say its bad....

I think the 2 best actors in Star Wars is Hayden and Ian. They are both amazing!

13. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    See, Yoda, this is what I meant in the other thread about sucking the fun out of these forums.

This was a simple thread, asking who you thought was the best actor and worst actor in the film. It wasn't a bashing or gushing thread. Just some clean talking. No bashing of the film, no inane comments. Just making comments. I love AOTC, but I can say that Natalie Portman is a boring actor no matter what film she's done after turning 17 and thus, she is the weakest actor in the film. kept it simple.

You, on the other hand, post this:

"All the acting is bad, in this abysmal movie. I reckon even I could act better in a SW movie. It takes no talent whatsoever. "

[face_plain]

14. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    SON OF THE TEAR is right lets try to post comments without bashing people and insulting other peoples ideas to badly. :)

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    What?? *Bad acting* in a SW movie? Now, who'd have ever expected bad acting in a SW movie...? ;)

16. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Portman, no contest.

17. jedi-poodoo

jedi-poodoo Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2002
    It's based on a saturday morning movie serial.
    The worst you act the better.

18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    What jedi poodoo said... aparently some people still don't get it.

Amazing ;)

19. Blix

Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    I wasn't joking when I said Ewan was the worst.

20. trust_jedi_owk1

trust_jedi_owk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2002
    A movie is a movie. You're gonna have bad actors and you're gonna have good ones. That's what makes a movie a movie. But I think it's better to understand the plot of the movie and why each person was given the part they were given. They did their part, and who's to blame than the director himself. Don't get me wrong, Lucas is a great director, but he also wrote the script.
    Enuff said. *leaves for more Jedi Training*

21. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't think its the "worst the better"....it has to be somewhat believable...but its stylized to be the way it is. If some people dont agree with it, fine, BUT DONT CALL IT BAD ACTING!!!

22. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    Darth_Solo you half to admit there was some bad acting in AOTC.

Im not saying I hate AOTC because I love it and I've seen it a thousand times.

But come on it did have its flaws.

23. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    The dialogue is stylized.

The acting is not.

The OT had some horrific lines, but they were all delivered with passion and conviction. Harrison Ford complained about delivering technobabble jibberish, but when the cameras were rolling he spoke of plotting hyper jumps and navicomputers like they were second nature to him.

I honestly cannot say the same of much of the lines delivered in AOTC, especially by Portman. She delivers nearly every line in a cold and monotone voice. The cut Senate scene is one glaring example, does anyone honestly believe that Padme is leading a galactic anti-war coalition? There is no conviction in what she's saying, she just drolls on and on.

It has nothing to do with blue screen. A stage actor will often work with less around them than was available in AOTC. The only completely blue screen environments were in action scenes, the other scenes still had partially built sets and props.

The problem lies with either the actor or the director (I suspect it's a bit of both).

24. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    eh, I bet you when AOTC turns 25 or so, you won't think they acted bad. Same deal with OT, if there were an internet message board then, we'd be complaining about these same issues. Personally, now that I've watched AOTC many times on dvd, there really isn't BAD acting. If george wanted better acting, then he would've asked more takes of certain scenes. But I guess he thought it was fine the way it was, which it is.

25. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    1stAd I really agree with you about that deleted scene when Padmes addressing the senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.