main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you think was the worst actor /actress in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Arth, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Really? I thought his facial mannerisms were great. Like in the scene with him and Padme in the field, when they are talking about a dictatorship he says: "well, if it works" and gets a somewhat evil look on his face. It's great, you can see shades of Vader in his performance. Anyway, he's better than Jake Lloyd, and that's all I really ever wanted. lol

2. VegaD1970

VegaD1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Ohhh... Fave Actor, Actress
    has got to be Nalini Krishan. OK, she did'nt have more screen time, but if they gave her more scenes, and said "Go be good Jedi.. " She would have been awesome.. also she should have been in a Romantic Love scene... probably with me.. or Padme.. no me. Oscar fast aproaching !!!

3. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    The part where Anakin said that was cool, but that was 4 words that ANYONE could have said. I always thought it was funny that Padme thought he was joking there but he was completely serious, he only smiled to put her mind at ease.

4. Darth_Avernus

Darth_Avernus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Even though Natalie Portman did have some good moments in the film, she just paled in comparison to Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee, and Hayden Christensen.

I completely agree with that statement. The more I watch Christensen, McGregor, Jackson, Morrison, Lee, Yoda(Oz) and McDiarmid, the more I like their acting. IMHO, Portman is just a very hot girl. She is the "Eye Candy" of the PT... that's what saves her otherwise boring character!

5. Lagniappe

Lagniappe Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    It always amazed me how many people are of the opinion, "Oh, it is just a Star Wars movie...the acting doesn't matter."

Of course the acting matters! Insipid acting detracts from the rest of the film! As long as people are of the opinion that ACTING does not matter in science fiction/fantasy films, we will continue to get underpar, B rated, effects-driven crap from Hollywood.

Some people like that...and desire nothing more, but I want more from the genre I have come to love!

That is one reason why LOTR was well received, not only by much of the science fiction/fantasy community, but also by the general public - because it actually took itself seriously and tried to go beyond just cool effects. LOTR was a dramatic film and was very well acted. And the Special Edition is a dream!

Bad acting DOES reflect upon Star Wars...if it did not, people would not appreciate those actors who did such a great job as much as they do! Ian, Liam, Ewan, Harrison, etc. Somehow, they were talented enough to take all that "stylized" material and make it come to life!

6. darthtj

darthtj Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2002
    If bad actingd reflects upon star wars, then how come the ot is so beloved? I loved Empire strikes back. It is one of the best films, but lets be real.
    Mark Hamill is not a good actor at all. Natalie Portman also is a much better actress than Carrie Fisher,and Harrison Ford is your typical movie star persona. with very little range.

7. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    True, I appreciate Liam, Ewan, Ian, Alec, Cushing, Lee, Morrison and Hayden. I do. They are the great actors of the SW series.

For other films, I would say it matters. But not for SW.

The SW series, both OT and PT, are probably some of the few series of films I can go and see and enjoy all the way through despite questionable acting performances from the likes of Carrie Fischer, Natalie Portman, Billy Dee Williams and Jake Lloyd. Or the worst in this department, all the wing men in the PT or "x" rebel pilot in the OT, such as Porkins or Wedge or the token black guy.

Because I am so captivated by the story, visuals, themese, action scenes and everything else that makes SW great that I don't even think about those actors who have to struggle to act.

8. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, Harrison Ford is always good, no matter what he does.

But that is because as many state, he doesn't have much range. He is Harrison Ford and that's who he plays. He's not a character actor, and that's ok. Because it works very well for him.

In fact, with Ford, the only films in which he has broken out of his usual mold is offdly enough, Blade Runner and Mosquito Coast and Persumed Innocent.

9. Destined-to-Fall

Destined-to-Fall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    'I'd have to say Hayden AND Natalie, especially Hayden. Hearing his dialogue was like listening and watching a cardboard box try to talk. The cheesy dialogue wasn't his fault but his acting blows.'

::GASP:: :eek:

I thought Hayden made the movie! Sure I agree that lot's of his stuff was cheesy, but that's Star Wars! He has so much emotion, it was great. And he cries really well. lol.

And how come everyone is dissing Natalie? I didn't think she was that bad!

As for who I thought was the worst, without a doubt, Bobba Fett. Even if he did have a really small part everytime he was on the screen I just cringed! ::shudder::

I really think that the actors need better direction though. Most of them could have been so much better with just a few changes, I just know it! Ugh, oh well. (don't you guys get me wrong though, AOTC is my favorite movie, and I believe always will be)

Chosen to Rise - Destined to Fall

10. Darth_Arth

Darth_Arth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Another actress that I thought was bad was that waitress droid.

She was almost as bad as Natalie. :)

:cool:

11. BLUEJEDI3

BLUEJEDI3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    The older actors were better

Ian and Lee

Ewan is doing a really good job as Obi, too.

Portman is average.

I think it is harder to do that blue screen type of acting, makes it a real challange, how can a person react to things that aren't even there.

12. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    Did anyone notice that almost all the deleted scenes had Natalie/Padme acting in them.

That tells you something right there.

13. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Most of them also contained Anakin.

14. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    Yeah, but Padme had the most dialogue in all of them.

The bedroom one

The family one

Dooku interogates Padme.

THe one where Padme is talking to Poggle about there execution

Padme addressing the senate

You get my point. ;)

15. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    Natalie Portman has her moments when she does ok, but all in all she is IMO the worst actor/actress in AOTC. Most of the time she seems to be acting really corny .... sure some of the lines are corny themselves... but she could deliver them better, or so I think :D

16. PLO--KOON

Aug 3, 2001
    Yes, some of them were lacking enthusiasm but I thought she did ok in the senate scene.

17. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    After racking my brain to think whose the worst in the movie my decsion is:

The Pear

18. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmm, The Pear good choice!

19. PLO--KOON

Aug 3, 2001
    She bit the pear a piece went away what more do you want?

20. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    "I think it is harder to do that blue screen type of acting, makes it a real challange, how can a person react to things that aren't even there."

Again, this argument is moot. The only time Portman interacts with CGI characters in this movie is in action scenes. The rest of the time she's reacting to Hayden. Well, sort of reacting anyways.

Ewan spends the ENTIRE movie interacting with CGI characters and he does wonderfully.

21. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Again, go back to Christopher Lee when asked about blue screen.

He says that for an actor that should not be a problem because he is an actor. He is supposed to use their imagination. That many times in theater, an actor has nothing but himself and an empty stage.

22. Bogden

Bogden Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    The girl who played Beru

23. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I also go back to Ian McDiarmid's quote about how, blue screen or no blue screen, what audiences don't ever see is the dozens upon dozens of camera grips, boom mic operators, lighting operators, guys standing around drinking coffee...etc. that are standing just out of view of the camera. THAT would have to be one of the most distracting things for an actor to deal with.

Forget about blue screen, wouldn't it be really hard to act with a bunch of people just standing really close to you and gawking at you as you try to deliver your performance? At least with theatre there is a tad bit of separation, but in film the crews are right there in your face and all around you. And let's not forget the near-blinding lighting they've got shining at your face.

If a screen actor can deal with all of this, I can't possibly imagine why blue screen would be any harder to deal with.

24. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Point being, Natalie couldn't act her way out of a hidden camera show.

She is just boring. But, since she is great eye candy and pulls the action scenes quite well, I can let it go.

25. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    The worst actor in AOTC has got to be Jay Laga'aia who played Captain Typho. I mean... c'mon! [face_plain]

The worst actress in AOTC has got to be Trisha Noble who played Padme's mother Jobal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.