main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you think was the worst actor /actress in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Arth, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Arth

Darth_Arth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    You know what bothers me is the really dorky way Padme runs off with the Storm trooper after falling out of the ship.

THAT HAS TO BE THE DORKIEST RUN I"VE EVER SEEN!

[face_laugh]

2. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    OMG!!!!11!!!!111!! PADME RUNS LIKE A GIRL!

[face_mischief]

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Worst actor in 'Clones...

Natalie Portman
    Samuel Jackson
    Hayden whateverhisnameis

A 3-way tie!

4. AnakinSlave

AnakinSlave Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2002
    It's Christensen. Too difficult to spell?

5. Kenobis_Babe

Kenobis_Babe Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    I'd say Hayden was the worst.

Maybe it was the cheesy dialog, who knows? The only time I was moved by his performance was when Anakin was with Shmi in the hut. Other than that, I thought he pretty much sucked.

6. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, I would say Natalie WAS a great actor.

Have you seen the films she did between TPM and AOTC?

Talk about dull, dull, dull performances.

If you want to see her do a great job, watch "Leon" again. Wow!

Tufako, sorry, have to disagree with you on that.

7. The-Master

The-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002
    The best- the kouhuns

The worst- Beru (she talked too much)

8. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    In order to guage this question fairly, I think there are a few parameters to consider.

First, how big or important was the role? Considering the relevance that said actor's or actress' part carried, how well did he or she deliver what was required? Was it just the dialogue or the overall prescence of the oerson that bothered you?

Secondly, how badly did this performance detract from the overall enjoyment of the movie? Did you find it difficult or impossible to look past this performance and simply accept it as just a dull color in an overall vivid rainbow? Or was it a black hole, from which not even light could escape?

That said, my pick would be the fourth clone from the left in the back row..the shot where they're all sitting in what looked like a cafeteria. All he had to do was sit there for a few seconds and gaze around like everyone else (who, by the way, looked excactly like him, so it's not like he was supposed to stand out) and he was looking straight into the camera the whole damn time! How friggin' hard is that?! And jeers to ILM for not fixing that!

9. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    It seems like its a tie between Portman and Christensen.

10. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    Here are my top -5

Hayden-Obi-wan/ Had good chemistry together so its a tie.

Christopher Lee

Ian Mcdirmaid(spelling)

Temuera Morrison

And last Natalie Portman.(yoda was better than her though.)

11. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Hayden was awesome as Anakin...he got all of Vader's mannerisms on the dot and just was awesome.

I think the weekest now after thinking about it is Sam Jackson. When he said "I dont think so" and "this party's over", it sounded so frieking forced! Natalie wasn't awesome, but not BAD...some scenes really bothered me though, like on the Confession when she said "to be angry is to be human"...no emotion at all!

12. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Natalie Portman by a long shot. She needs to stick to modeling.

13. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Of all the SW films, I feel AOTC had the best performances. In fact, AOTC is the first SW film in which I think all of the actors nailed it.

That's just me.

14. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    "Who do you think was the worst actor /actress in AOTC?"

it's a tie between Sam L Jackson and Natalie Portman. :)

15. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    Natalie Portman is the best! :)

16. Darth_Arth

Nov 10, 2002
    You are kidding of course Luke_Skywalker_12, aren't YA?

17. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Darth_Arth wrote:
    You know what bothers me is the really dorky way Padme runs off with the Storm trooper after falling out of the ship.
    THAT HAS TO BE THE DORKIEST RUN I"VE EVER SEEN!

I thought the same thing, but then I realized that she had to pretend that she was running on sand, when she really isn't. there isn't a sand hill there, I'm pretty sure it's all CG. So considering that, it wasn't that big of a deal.

18. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Natalie Portman. She was crap, it was embarrassing to watch. However, I think everybody else, Ewan, Hayden, Christopher, Samuel, the fellow who played Jango who's name I've suddenly forgotten, and even the lady who played Dorme and the bloke who played Captain Typho, were all brilliant, but Natalie Portman sadly didn't appear to give a toss about what she was doing. And I know some people will jump up and say, "But she was supposed to be like that!", but really, that's a poor defence. It's a shame that a character so has such a central, important role in the Saga is played by somebody who doesn't care less.

19. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    I thought she did fine really, besides who's really paying attention to acting when it comes to Natalie.

20. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    The only reason I'm able to accept the terrible, terrible acting of Natalie Portman is because like you said
    JediDa-cam18 who is really paying attention to her acting. I don't mind that she was so bad, but I still think she was the worst actor in the movie.

21. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Well, unfortunately I am not that shallow.

22. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Natalie Portman - she was simply awful. I got the feeling she didn't really want to be there, and she wasn't enjoying it in the slightest. It's a shame she's pretty much ruined what could have been an interesting character.

23. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    We could be glad we got the DvD now
    so we can skip all the scene's with Portman

we can only hope she decides to fly to the moon for a while , so that GL has to pick a new actress

that would rock

:D :D :D :D

24. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Well, unfortunately I am not that shallow.

Well then I guess Im not as civilized as you but it's the truth, I think she's gorgeous in AotC and that's pretty much were my attention is on. Of course I don't think her acting is an atrocity which some people are making it out to be either.

25. Little_Younglin

Little_Younglin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2002
    Could somebody please explain me in simple words why Portman's acting is "crap" and "embarrasing to watch" (Oakessteve), "terrible" (Weezyslob), "awful" (slavegirl)? Well, I'm just an average moviegoer, I have no experience in acting, but i can't find so many problems in Portman's acting to deserve such adjectives. I see Padme amused and interested in the picnic, uncomfortable at the fireplace, sad at the homestead, I liked her in the confession scene, I think she's great in the love pledge... Well, maybe the first kiss isn't the best acting scene I've ever seen, and sure there are some other scenes where she could do better, but IMHO there is a long way between it and the opinions I'm reading in this boards. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.