I.E., CA Who do you think will win?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TarikJanis, Jul 27, 2004.

?

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Alien 4 vote(s) 36.4%
Predator 7 vote(s) 63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacedone Jedi Padawan

I saw it myself as well this past weekend and was quite entertained. I was rather surprised what they managed to get away for only a PG-13 rating: humans getting hung upside down, impaled on claw weapons, half an alien's face sliced open, etc. If any of you have ever been to the International Movie Database message boards then let me warn you that there are a lot of pedantic people who post.

Nearly all the posts regarding AvsP decried it for not having enough blood and gore or M rating. Unfortunately, blood and gore do not make a movie; the sequels to Nightmare on Elm Street, Firday the 13th, and Halloween really began to get tiresome and really start to stretch the imagination. How many times does the naked chick walking down the darkened hallway get her head lopped off by Jason's machete? The reason why the first Predator and Alien movie were great was the atmosphere they provided; i.e. the cloaked predator jumping around the jungle or dark areas where the alien lurked. It gave the audience a sense of trepidation everytime a human wandered off on their own.

Is it just me or did it seem like there were far more aliens than availible hosts? Let's count the totals, shall we?

5 on the surface killed by predators. (non-hosts)
    5 in the chamber given the facehugger treatment. (hosts)
    2 killed by the predators in the pyramid. (non-hosts)
    1 killed by three aliens in the pyramid. (probable hosts but unlikely)
    2 snatched by the aliens for breeding purposes. (hosts)
    1 chick that survived the whole ordeal. (not a host)

3 aliens killed that one guy who fell through the trapdoor in the tunnels.
    3 aliens wall crawling are killed by the lone predator and the chick. 1 alien retreats.
    1 alien is killed by lone predator while he looks at dead facehugger.
    1 alien killed by the chick near the sled to the surface
    4 aliens appear near the sled before the predator and chick ride it to the surface.

So we end up with 7 hosts and 13 aliens. So the question is where did the 6 extra aliens come from? Clearly they couldn't not have used the 5 bodies hanging outside the tunnel since the sled shot right past them and not the bodies killed by the predators since they need to impregnate a living body.
  2. JawaGen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey I think you posted a spoiler. you're not supposed to post anything that gives away the end or the entire movie... some people havent seen it yet and I wouldnt want to read about it then go and see it
    so for future referance please black out spoilers and you will find that in the mark up codes on the top menu bar.. thanks :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.