main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you think would have been a better NR CoS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    OK, so lets assume we all agree Borsk was a LOUSY NR President and handled the YV invasion like an idiot. Who would have done a better job?

Lets hear nominations and arguments, then we'll have a vote.

Some suggestions--

Elegos A'Kla
    Leia Organa Solo
    Ponc Gavrisom
    Triebakk
    Pwoe (tongue-in-cheek)

any other nominations?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Elegos would have made a great Chief of State.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I agree. Elegos Rocks!

4. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Out of those, I would say that Elegos and Leia would have made the best Chief of States. Leia rocks, and Elegos is just plain cool. :)

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I think that Leia would of been a great replacement for Borsk. Then again, she had been CoS for a long time.

My fear with Elegos is that he might of been to much of a pacifist to be CoS. Then again, he has used force when it was the only remaining option.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Elegos A'Kla would have been a pretty good Chief of State. His pacifism might be a problem though.

Leia Organa Solo has already done more than her fair share of Chief of State-ship and probibally wouldn't have taken the job.

Ponc Gavrisom we don't to too much about. He was a temporary Cheif of State, so that's got to count for something.

Triebakk? A Wookiee Chief of State would be...interesting to say the least.

Pwoe would be to much of a moron (imho) to be a Chief of State. Then again, Borsk Fey'lya was.

7. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    My namesake would be an excellent CoS. Not to say that Triebakk would not be good as well.

PS Thank you for your kind comments about Elegos. May he rest in peace in that GFFA.

8. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Alas, Puffers is no longer interested in politics. He has changed his name to P. Gavvy and is currently storming the GFFA's rap industry with his mad rhyming skillz. ;)

9. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Elegos would have been the consummate Chief of State during peacetime, in my opinion, but I feel he would have hesitated during the initial battles of the war, much as Borsk did only for different reasons. A pacifist is unlikely to take the action would be required to nip the war in the bud, without attempts at diplomacy first.

JMA

10. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Elgos would have waited too long to take the fight to the Vong (in fact, he might have turned himself over to them to try to make a peace treaty, and thereby be a liability to the NR)

Leia had the right idea: Adaquate force to gauge the extent of the Vong threat before coming to a conclusion. She had been CoS for a long time, and so probably would have lacked the necessary support of the senate.

I think that Isolder or Tenel Ka would have been the best bet. The Hapan way: overwhelming force before the threat can develop, would have been the best. They could have stopped the Vong before they even began growing coralskippers.

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Embra the Hutt, all the way. Vote Embra in 34 ABY!!!

12. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Maybe Sal-Solo or Cutherdol (just kidding, of course.)

Personally, I'd go for Triebbak. Interesting to see how a Wookie would run a the NR.

13. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Leia would have handled it the best. Even without the support of the senate Leia has the support of most of the high ranking military commanders and as Mon Mothma did in New Rebellion and what Leia did at the start of the Yevethan crisis she could have just sent a fleet in the senate be damned.

14. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I would NOT have supported Leia Organa Solo as Chief of State. She's already been in office way too long.

Senator Elegos A'kla would have been nice, even though he was a pacifist. Personally, I think that while it's easy to see in hindsight that trying to diplomatically negotiate with the Vong would end in failure, I think that it's a step that had to be taken.

But that step would have been taken anyway, whether or not Sen. A'kla was CoS. So I wouldn't support him.

I'm not sure at this time who'd I support. I wouldn't want anyone who'd change the NR's name to "Galactic Federation of Free Alliances" or any other such silly moniker, so that rules out Sen. Cal Omas. Maybe Sen. Fyor Rodan? He seemed like a good candidate in DW.

15. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    Fyor Rodan would be the worst CoS imaginable. He's an even bigger jerk than Borsk was. Chewie made the right choice when he hung this ranter on a coat rack and put him in a closet.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Rodan is akin to an old-style Imperial, he would be a disaster if ever entrusted with real power.

Here's a radical thought: How about a new Senator who was never seen pre-invasion? Why unknown? Because he or she was quietly carving a good reputation for themselves and working their way around the system. Ah but no, we can't have a capable politician can we?

JB

17. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Mods, please close this topic, since I have now created an actual poll for this! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.