main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who do you want to direct Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Almost tripled its budget.

2. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Couldn't agree more. I honestly don't understand the praise of 'Avengers' or 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It made double its budget back overseas.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Anyone saying Spielberg has lost his touch either hasn't seen Tintin or perhaps, because it's animated, doesn't consider it on the same level as a live-action film.

This is purely a sidebar, however, as I don't think Spielberg is right for Star Wars. In fantasy and sci-fi realms he tends to over-do things and make them purely whimsical and fantastical, when SW needs verisimilitude and convincing realism.

syferdiasisalie likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Seconded. Battlestar was brilliant, and looked like a $200 million dollar movie. That could be a very good move.

6. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Ronald D. Moore was also one of the big reasons why DS9 is considered by many to be the best Trek series (like myself). I would love to see him working on the new Star Wars saga(s) to come.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That will never happen, but yeah. I'd love see a Tarantino Star Wars film, if only for the F-bombs and the coked out Jedi.[face_laugh]

Lord_Tuvitor likes this.
  8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    And in this thread today, I found out that Ronald D. Moore did BSG.

The things you learn.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Victory! I successfully derailed a SW-related thread the day after an entire new trilogy is announced by getting everyone to discuss my beloved Tintin! I am unstoppable!!!

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I like him too, someone less main stream that isn't on top right now. BSG and DS9 are some of my favorite sci-fi.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

"You've got to appreciate how delicate this Padme situation is."

Ramza likes this.
  12. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    It's a breathtaking and vastly underrated film. I will happily support you in your campaign. :p

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Egads, you're right about that. What a terrible choice he'd be. Yes, he has a sense of visuals and technology. But he has absolutely no sense of character or story or dialogue (if he'd also write). Are people just trying to have a George Lucas clone at the helm?

My top picks would be Del Toro, Brad Bird, Matthew Vaughn, and possibly JJ Abrams. I love Spielberg, but part of Lucas's announcement was about the notion of turning SW over to a new generation of filmmakers... not to his best buddy who's the same era as he is.

My other choice, and this is because he's my personal favorite director, would be Danny Boyle. Fantastic visual and visceral sense. One of his main strengths is his ability to float effortlessly between genres and still bring his own brand of whimsical fantasy to all of it. Really he'd be my first choice, but I think he's less likely than the others.

14. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Boyle would be a refreshing choice.

15. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Yah, you are both right...they are fine directors...in fact nolan is one of my favs all time...I read somewhere that the Director/show runner of the Clone Wars cartoon might be a good fit...that sounds good to me (is there just one director for the show or is an episode by episode basis???)

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot possibly exlain how equal my enthusiasm is for both new Sw and new Tintin. Especially knowing that Professor Calculus is Jackson's plan for the sequel. So, I am vehemently against Jackson directing Ep 7. Because, I am an impetuous child and I want both!

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The only Jackson-directed films I like are the LotR movies (and I will probably like The Hobbit(s)). I think he'd probably do fine with the next Tintin, but I'm not sure a Star Wars film can handle a 2 hour, 40 minute run time. :p

18. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm not sure you understood both of our posts.

Regardless, to answer you question, there are a variety of Star Wars: The Clone Wars directors.

Boba_Fat83 likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Each individual episode will require 3 films each. Episode 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 would be quite spectacular. Not to mention tedious and draining.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    TCW has had writers like Paul Dini and Chris Collins (the Wire).

Moore would be a fantastic choice.

Really it depends how much involvement they want to give Lucas.

You really think Cameron and Lucas could co-exist? :p

21. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Whedon.

If not Whedon, Abrams.

If not Abrams, then Bird.

If not Bird, then me.

If not me, then none.

22. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Rupert Wyatt. He's new. And not slime, like the directors most frequently being mentioned here.

OK, not gonna lie. Brad Bird would kickass too.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    As fun as the speculation is in this thread, I reakon it'll be someone relatively unknown.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Spielberg makes sense with the hiring of Kennedy and his friendship with Lucas. These 2 would ensure that Lucas' vision is followed.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, cause that worked out really well for Red Tails....