main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Even though I already saw him at The Empire Fan Fast in NJ a few years back, I would like to actually meet Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. How about you?

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Ain't gonna happen, but Harrison Ford. I named my son Harrison.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Mine won't happen, either, but I would really love to meet Natalie Portman because she is awesome.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hayden's on my drool list, but I would LOVE it if Mark was there - He's supoosed to be one of the nicest people! :)

5. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    While I'd try not to drool on Hayden, seeing him would be nice. And so would Mark and Carrie!

6. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Yeah, I really hope Mark and Carrie come; I would be really bummed if they didn't come. I hope Lucas comes again; [face_praying] that'd be a real treat. I loved listening to him at CIII. Rick McCallum just has to come; he is freakin' awesome! :D Plus, he is truly all about the fans. :cool: I agree, it would be incredibly awesome and so worth the money spent if Harrison showed up but probably the only way he'd come is if Lucas himself were to ask him and I just don't see it all panning out. :_| This is definitely one time that I welcome being wrong. =D= It would also be cool to see/meet/get an autograph from James Earl Jones. I had better shut up now; I'm getting my hopes up [face_praying] plus, I'm naming too many people.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I don't know. They're involved with each other again because of the next Indy movie which should be in serious production if not finished by then. So maybe it's possible. However, Lucas might not even be there himself if that's the case. Wow, can you imagine the lines for Ford's autographs?

8. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't know. They're involved with each other again because of the next Indy movie which should be in serious production if not finished by then. So maybe it's possible. However, Lucas might not even be there himself if that's the case. Wow, can you imagine the lines for Ford's autographs?
    [/quote]

I'm telling you right now. Mark my words. If I'm wrong, I'll buy a round of drinks. Harrison Ford will be there for one day to do one Q&A session like Lucas did last year. Only one. George will beg and plead and Han...I mean Indy....I mean Mr. President....I mean Harrison, will be there. I think Hayden will be there because, let's face it, what in the hell else is he doing these days? HAHA
    No Natalie, no Ewan, no Christopher Lee. Possibly a Q&A by Sammy Jackson.

But what do I know, I'm only a wookie. In fact if you listen to anything I say, you're in trouble. I'm crazy.

[face_dancing]

9. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    It would be a day long remembered; I'll bring SW Trivial Pursuit so we can answer all the questions and pass some time in line. [face_whistling] I'd really be bummed if they both didn't show up though. If wouldn't be good marketing for Lucas to not show up, considering the SW TV shows/animated series/etc will be coming out. This is one heck of a marketing opportunity for all of that. They'd be saving money on marketing/advertising costs and making money off of the convention; that's a lot to pass up.

I'd also like to see/meet/get an autograph from Ewan.

10. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Very interested to see some of the art work in the Art Room. Also, am looking forward to seeing the different Queen of Naboo & Mandalorian warrior costumes people come up with. I am more interested in hearing the different actors speak about their experiences in the SW world, rather than an autograph. Not all that interested in merchandise, either.

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm telling you right now. Mark my words. If I'm wrong, I'll buy a round of drinks. Harrison Ford will be there for one day to do one Q&A session like Lucas did last year. Only one. George will beg and plead and Han...I mean Indy....I mean Mr. President....I mean Harrison, will be there. I think Hayden will be there because, let's face it, what in the hell else is he doing these days? HAHA
    No Natalie, no Ewan, no Christopher Lee. Possibly a Q&A by Sammy Jackson.

But what do I know, I'm only a wookie. In fact if you listen to anything I say, you're in trouble. I'm crazy.

[face_dancing] [/quote]

Christopher Lee is getting up there. I doubt he'd want to do a convention.

12. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'd have to agree with you all and say I would love to see/meet/hear/autograph from Mark, Carrie, Harrison, Hayden, Natalie & Ewan. I think I would have a nerdgasm :-B. pwinklespi, I am gonna hold you to your promise[face_mischief] . I won't hold my breath but Harrison would be awesome ;). I would love to see Q & A's with cast from OT & PT mixed. What about a Mark & Hayden Q & A? Now that might make me die...from ecstasy 8-}

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think all the ideas about the Q&A sessions are really good -- and you're right, a few hours ain't gonna kill Mr. Ford. If he can get off the couch in Montana, George is the one to ask 'em :). And speaking of couches -- I understand from a friend who knows somebody at the Ranch -- George is doing a lot of sitting and eating these days <g>.

As far as what I want to see -- I want to see a big costume exhibit. Hugely awesome. There's certainly enough room!

14. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Leia 911, I'm telling, mark the words of a wisw Jedi - we will see Han Solo in person. At least I hope. Hey, Hayden and Mark would be awesome.

Grumpy, your quote - Christopher Lee is getting up there. I doubt he'd want to do a convention.

He is doing one this weekend in London. He is signing for one day, doing a Q&A for like an hour and then leaving.

15. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I would like to see Liam Neeson and a big costume exhibit. If I saw those two things on the first day I'm not even sure if I would feel the need to come back for the other 4 :p

16. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    Possibly a Q&A by Sammy Jackson.

It's Samuel L. Jackson, if you please. He'd blow you away like a snake on a plane if you called him Sammy.

And yeah, he's the one I want to see at Celebration IV the most. What can I say, I'm a Mace fangirl. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing James Earl Jones, although I understand his health's not been so good lately and I doubt he would be there. It would be nice seeing Mark Hammill too, because the OT is so much a part of my growing up, and I loved what he did with "Comic Book: The Movie."

But aside from the whole "let's drool on the stars" bit, what I would really like to sit in on would be some discussions of the technical aspects of the movies. I'm a geek girl. That's the kind of stuff that appeals to me. I'm sure ILM does a bunch of panels at the Celebrations. That's probably where I'd be found most of the time.

And how could I forget? GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY. The guy who reignited my love of SW. A Clone Wars fandub event would be cool too. This is something that happens a lot at Anime conventions...fandub workshops.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ewan Mcgregor. I have serious doubt that he'd be there, but I so wish he'd show up. It's my goal for that week to make him sing me Happy Birthday. :(

And I can pretty much guarantee Mark and Carrie will be there. They're both usually at Comic Con. :)

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Really. I'm impressed. I was getting worried that he might have died before Episode III.

19. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    As someone else has mentioned Christopher Lee is attending the London Film & Comic Con this Saturday. £45 per autograph and only 1 each allowed!

I think Samuel L.Jackson is most likely out of the bigger names along with Hayden and Mark Hamill (I'm only mentioning those who have not attended before...and Hayden doesn't count as he was in disguise at C2 lol).

I'd personally love to see Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson though. And Natalie cannot totally be ruled out due to her brief appearance at Comic Con last year (while promoting V For Vendetta). It is doubtful Ewan would attend though, having met him a few times he just doesn't seem to be into the whole thing now.

Obi-Wan

20. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    As someone else has mentioned Christopher Lee is attending the London Film & Comic Con this Saturday. £45 per autograph and only 1 each allowed!

Christopher Lee can suck it. He can keep his stupid autograph. Headless idiot!

And I can pretty much guarantee Mark and Carrie will be there. They're both usually at Comic Con.

These two better be there. I was really mad last year when they didn't show up for CIII. They were the only two I really wanted to see and they had, "other commitments". I'm sorry, you are princess leia and Luke Skywalker. You don't have any other "commitments" but to come to where ever the Star Wars fans are gathering and thank them and GOD for still wanting to see you. Last I checked Steven Speiberg and James Cameron weren't beating down your door to star in any block busters.

It's Samuel L. Jackson, if you please. He'd blow you away like a snake on a plane if you called him Sammy.

For anyone else, I would usually argue, but Samuel does deserve the respect. So, I apologize. It is Samuel L. Jackson.
    "and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence, and you will know, that I am the Lord"

Sorry folks, I am in a mood today. I still love everyone though. [:D]

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I can feel the love from NJ but that's because I'm not that far. =) Jackson is a busy man so I can see if he doesn't come. But you're right, Mark and Carrie.. what are they doing? ZIPPO!

22. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004

What are Mark and Carrie doing? Zippo!

I know they are doing their own little projects, but I'm sure it's not something that they can't take a few days off from. If you're listening Mark and Carrie, get your butts to CIV. We love you guys! [face_dancing]

23. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] That's right, it will be the 30th anniversary of the whole start of this little thing we call Star Wars. Mark, Carrie, Harrison, you all should be there because, let's face it, without Star Wars, you all would have no careers. Mark would be a comic book fanboy(I still love you, Mark, please come to CIV[face_praying] and I promise to go see your movie The Black Pearl :D). Carrie would still be in film because of her parents(I still love you, Carrie, please come to CIV [face_praying] so I can take a photo with you even though I know you usually don't:D). Harrison would be a carpenter and helicopter pilot...but the helicopter would belong to the gov't(Harrison, I still love, please come to CIV [face_praying] and I promise to come see Indy IV no matter if it's called "The Final Journey to the Nursing Home" :D)

As for the rest, I know Hayden will (SHOULD) be there because he does movies but if he can compete in that Bullrun Race crap for 10 days, a few days at CIV won't hurt(I still love you, Hayden, please come to CIV [face_praying] and I will see whichever one of your movies that you have filmed that gets released first:D (there are so many filmed but not released yet). And Natalie, all I can say is, girl, you better come to CIV so I can get your autograph and you can see me in my awesome costumes which you wore(I still love you and will come to your next movie :D ) And Ewan, come on man, you saw the first SW in the theater and loved it(not just for your uncle), humor us humble fans who LOVED you as Obi-Wan(ever bit as worthy as Guiness) and please come to CIV [face_praying] for a few hours and think of it as racing your motorbike around the world...NAKED [face_hypnotized]. Wasn't it your uncle who inspired you to become an actor, Ewan? So you might say SW influenced you to become an actor? [face_laugh]

And if any one of these actors(or their staff) actually reads this, I am joking and truly respect all said actors above and their body of work.(And I am not a fangirl stalker [face_shame_on_you])

PS What do you mean Hayden was at CII in disguise? I didn't go so what are you talking about?

24. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] That's right, it will be the 30th anniversary of the whole start of this little thing we call Star Wars. Mark, Carrie, Harrison, you all should be there because, let's face it, without Star Wars, you all would have no careers. Mark would be a comic book fanboy(I still love you, Mark, please come to CIV[face_praying] and I promise to go see your movie The Black Pearl :D). Carrie would still be in film because of her parents(I still love you, Carrie, please come to CIV [face_praying] so I can take a photo with you even though I know you usually don't:D). Harrison would be a carpenter and helicopter pilot...but the helicopter would belong to the gov't(Harrison, I still love, please come to CIV [face_praying] and I promise to come see Indy IV no matter if it's called "The Final Journey to the Nursing Home" :D)

As for the rest, I know Hayden will (SHOULD) be there because he does movies but if he can compete in that Bullrun Race crap for 10 days, a few days at CIV won't hurt(I still love you, Hayden, please come to CIV [face_praying] and I will see whichever one of your movies that you have filmed that gets released first:D (there are so many filmed but not released yet). And Natalie, all I can say is, girl, you better come to CIV so I can get your autograph and you can see me in my awesome costumes which you wore(I still love you and will come to your next movie :D ) And Ewan, come on man, you saw the first SW in the theater and loved it(not just for your uncle), humor us humble fans who LOVED you as Obi-Wan(ever bit as worthy as Guiness) and please come to CIV [face_praying] for a few hours and think of it as racing your motorbike around the world...NAKED [face_hypnotized]. Wasn't it your uncle who inspired you to become an actor, Ewan? So you might say SW influenced you to become an actor? [face_laugh]

And if any one of these actors(or their staff) actually reads this, I am joking and truly respect all said actors above and their body of work.(And I am not a fangirl stalker [face_shame_on_you])

PS What do you mean Hayden was at CII in disguise? I didn't go so what are you talking about?[/quote]

Attending - Mark, Carrie, Harrison.

Not attending - Hayden, Samuel, Natalie & Ewan.

I'll be there!

I just got a discount on my already discounted room at the Omni. YIPPY!

25. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    I'm at the Omni, too. How did you get your 1st and 2nd discounts? I WANT IT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.