main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    First, I booked online for like $279 a night. Then I called and got it down to $259.00. I just looked online today and they had a AAA rate for $206.10. YIPPY!

2. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    We better stay on target or else [face_shame_on_you]. The rate I got was $229/night.

I think Hayden will be there. I just don't think he is doing that much then. I would love to see Ray Park in person. I saw him at the Dallas convention last week on youtube and he was awesome!!!

3. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    We better stay on target or else [face_shame_on_you]. The rate I got was $229/night.

I think Hayden will be there. I just don't think he is doing that much then. I would love to see Ray Park in person. I saw him at the Dallas convention last week on youtube and he was awesome!!![/quote]

I want to meet Ray Park too. I have had to oppurtunity, but haven't yet. This time I want to get a pic with him and then drop kick his a........

Just kidding. His left pinky could beat me up.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I want to meet Ray Park too. I have had to oppurtunity, but haven't yet. This time I want to get a pic with him and then drop kick his a........

Just kidding. His left pinky could beat me up.
    [/quote]

He was about the nicest guy at CIII. He and Peter Mayhew both were outstanding. I'd stand in line to meet either of them anyday.

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    He was about the nicest guy at CIII. He and Peter Mayhew both were outstanding. I'd stand in line to meet either of them anyday. [/quote]

I was at the Big Apple Con last year and Mayhew was there. I keep hearing that he is the nicest guy in the world, but two times I have seen him , he just had a look like, "I hate all you geeks and I want to go home" Hopefully he is little nicer this time.

Ray Park seems cool.

6. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Peter was cool but at CIII we were behind a couple of scalpers that had a TON of stuff for him to sign. He was pretty disgusted at the time.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Same thing happened when I was in line with Bill Dee. (That was such a mistake) Anyway, some guy from Japan had about 20 things for him to sign and they didn't impose a limit. He had stacks of plastic containers that held posters and pictures. It was crazy.

8. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    I would love to meet Ewan...been a fan since his trainspotting era. Also Christopher Lee but he's kind of pompous. Also, Warwick Davis. My grandfather used to call me Wicket when I was a kid. =D

9. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    As much as that stinks that they imposed on him, the guy IS getting paid for being there and if the powers that be didn't impose a limit, then there's nothing he can do. It's not like he was building a house. He was signing his name. At least smile while you're doing it.

See, now I'm mad again. HAHAHAHA!

They shouldn't have brought that much stuff. One or two things is enough.

10. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    AMEN! Hayden= =P~

And Mark Hamill, he really seems like a friendly guy!

*Wouldn't mind meeting Harisson Ford either

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm going mostly to meet friends rather than for what celebrities will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing people I met at past Celebrations, people like Mike Verta, my partner in crime MeBeJedi, and if I'm lucky, the rest of my X0 Project team.

12. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I was at the Big Apple Con last year and Mayhew was there. I keep hearing that he is the nicest guy in the world, but two times I have seen him , he just had a look like, "I hate all you geeks and I want to go home" Hopefully he is little nicer this time.

Ray Park seems cool. [/quote]

Yeah, both Peter Mayhew and Ray Park were some of the best to meet and get autographs from at CIII (and no, I didn't wheel up an "Ebay cart" with a million and one things for them to sign...just one or two things for my own memories). Had to stand in a short line for Ray and he was ultra cool to me and everyone else in line. It seems like there was a sign up at the beginning of the entrance to Peter Mayhew's line that said something to the effect of frustrated or grumpy wookie (did you put that up, grump? just kidding).......it was something like that anyways. It seems like I read somewhere that he and/or David Prowse was having health problems so, maybe that's why he could've come across as being not so happy to everyone. Other than that, no idea. There was only one girl in front of my friend and I in his line and she was pretty hot so, he was looking at my friend and I like, hey-hey look at me. Hey, we couldn't begrudge a wookie for spending a little extra time with a hot girl so, we just did like the others around us and laughed. Garrick Hagon (Biggs) was really cool too; he took the time to talk to the fans and really personalize things the way you wanted and/or offerred suggestions. I would definitely talk to/get his autograph again.

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, both Peter Mayhew and Ray Park were some of the best to meet and get autographs from at CIII (and no, I didn't wheel up an "Ebay cart" with a million and one things for them to sign...just one or two things for my own memories). Had to stand in a short line for Ray and he was ultra cool to me and everyone else in line. It seems like there was a sign up at the beginning of the entrance to Peter Mayhew's line that said something to the effect of frustrated or grumpy wookie (did you put that up, grump? just kidding).......it was something like that anyways. It seems like I read somewhere that he and/or David Prowse was having health problems so, maybe that's why he could've come across as being not so happy to everyone. Other than that, no idea. There was only one girl in front of my friend and I in his line and she was pretty hot so, he was looking at my friend and I like, hey-hey look at me. Hey, we couldn't begrudge a wookie for spending a little extra time with a hot girl so, we just did like the others around us and laughed. Garrick Hagon (Biggs) was really cool too; he took the time to talk to the fans and really personalize things the way you wanted and/or offerred suggestions. I would definitely talk to/get his autograph again. [/quote]

I don't know, Mayhew was cool with me. Posed for a picture and everything. Wish I could post it here but no can do it seems. If anyone wants to see it, PM me their email and I'll send it along with Ray Park and the guy (please forgive me) who played Kit Fisto. He was pretty cool too.

14. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    The Bakers were really cool too; they actually took the time to talk to the fans. Amy Allen was really sweet too and took the time to take a picture with her and talk. I didn't get his autograph but Matthew Wood seemed really cool; When I was in other lines, I could hear him doing the Grievous voice for the fans. I didn't hear many good things said about the fans experience in Lando/Billy Dee's line though. Mining guild must be givin' him problems again, I guess. :oops:

15. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    I know my older son would love to meet Matthew Wood because he loves Grievous and does a pretty good impression of his voice all the time. He wants me to make him a Grievous costume. How I do that, I have no idea?

16. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    check out the costuming thread. It's been done with varying degrees of success. I did an imitation of the one at CIII for the premier for about 40 bucks.

17. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    I want to see Hayden more then anything. =P~

I would also love to meet Mark, Harrison, Carrie, or Ray. :)

18. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Ani_Luver...I'm with you....It would just make my year just to see Hayden...*sighs*[face_love]

19. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Michael Sheard, rest his soul.

He was ALWAYS the life of the party...ask any NY'er or any UK'er, and they would tell you that he was awesome!

Richard Leparmentier was also a blast. At Memorabillia last November, my mates and I were talking to him and Jerome Blake for over 2 hours...in the end, they wanted OUR photographs!

Hayden, seen.
    Lucas, seen.
    Ewan, meeting him in September.

Samuel L. Jackson. Now, there is a draw card for me! :D

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm with you; I will miss Michael Sheard terribly. What a delightful gentleman, and a true wit. He kissed my hand at C-III :).

21. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    How are you meeting Ewan McGregor in September?

22. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I'd love to see Hayden,Natalie,Ewen,Mark,Carrie,Harrison,Lucas.

23. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I would love to see a film, showing all of the Star Wars alumni who has become one with the force. Sir Alec, Michael Sheard, Uncle Owen, people like that. Some behind the scenes footage, old pictures, someone narating a story. Something along those lines. We don't se enough of Sir Alec. He is one of my favorites.

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Or how about Bea Arthur! She has a Star Wars connection! HAHA I'd line up for her.

[image=http://aboutjane.typepad.com/about_jane/bea_arthur.jpg]

25. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Only if she shows up dressed like a Blue Twilek!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.