main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    If Harrison Ford and Alec Guniess were sitting on her lap I still wouldn't stand in line to see Bea Arthur.

"Thank you for being a friend."

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    As far as celebrities I'd like to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford(On the incredible off chance that he got offered enough money to do it), Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, and if he would go Ian McDiarmid though I highly doubt he would. I've seen Lucas once but I'd still see him again if there's another panel with him.

I doubt however that many people from the Prequels will be there as most of them are still doing movies often so they'd be busy filming.

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    But this is LA and we know they can't be far! =)

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    love the OT and all
    but I really want prequelpeople - the obvious Ewan, Natalie, Hayden, Ian

and ILM ..Concept peeps, artists, sound, etc, Tat, Knoll, etc. Matt Wood is very cool - friendly and full of great stories of the making of....

and pipe dream here - John Williams conducting excerpts from all 6.....and if he had anything to share about inspiration.

goes w/o saying but I will: George and Rick

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Oh, we'll find em alright! [face_mischief]

6. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    Remember I said that I wanted to see Samuel L. Jackson the most? Well guess what, he'll be at San Diego Comic Con, Friday (SW Day!) July 21st, 5:45pm. Boo-yah!

7. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    That's awesome. I'm glad you're going to get a chance to see him. Now, he may or may not be at CIV. If e has a movie to promite, maybe. If not, then I don't think we'll see him.

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Although I've seen him, Ian McDiarmid would be the one person I'd really want to get an autograph, Palpatine being my favourite character. I just wish he liked the fans more than he does.

9. MarsSky

MarsSky Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Mark Hamill! I hear that he doesn't sign autographs anymore, but just seeing him in person would be totally amazing for me.
    Even better- if he and Shannon McRandle meet again at a panel for a photo op. :)

I also really hope that Timothy Zahn attends. I had to leave Celebration III before I had the chance to see his panel.
    Ohhh, how I regret it now.

10. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    For me, that'd be a real let down if he (Mark) came to CIV and didn't sign autographs; he would be one of main reasons for coming.

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, no problem, he signs autographs; he was at Comic-Con last year and signed a bunch -- it's just that you have to pay for them.

12. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Excellent; it will be a day long remembered! Thanks Val! No problemo on the paying; I bought several at CIII. I wonder [face_thinking] if they'll take Republic Credits at CIV? [face_whistling]

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I can't see Mark Hamill not turning up to this, especially being the 30th anniversary. From what I hear, over the last few years, he's started to enjoy time with the fans; I know at one point he was getting tired of constantly being labelled with the character of Luke Skywalker, but I've heard that he's becomming more open about it now. And being the main star of the films, he would get a great reception from us, not to mention a great deal of autograph requests.

According to our RSA, he's a nice guy and likes to talk to people, so I'm sure he'd be quite approachable. I'd like to see him, from a British point of view, because I understand that he doesn't come over here very often, so it would be a great oppurtunity for people from overseas to meet him...Yeah, I can say to my mother, "I met Luke Skywalker!" She finds it cool that when I was a kid, I'd be watching these people on TV and film, and then 20-odd years later, I've met them. She thinks I'm rubbing shoulders with Hollywood celebrities. :D

14. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Carrie Fisher. Mainly because i couldnt get down to London to see her the other week !

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm sure he could use the cash anyway. =)

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, I'm sure Carrie will be there. OfficialPix will see to that. She's signing for them at Comic-Con next week, and I'll bet they can persuade her to do this in her hometown :).

17. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Aside from the obvious Mark, Harrison or Carrie, I would really like to see Peter Mayhew (seen him a few times and he is really cool), Jimmy Smiths (personal favorite) and James Earl Jones (although I've read he hasn't been well lately).

I had the chance to volunteer for Official Pix on C3 and it was really cool to spend some time with the celebs there, so I'm sure that regardless of who ends up going for C4, I'll have a great time!

18. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I'm sure locating the Con in L.A is to attract (make it easier) for as many of the SW celebrities to attend

Mark would be my first priority in scoring his Auto.
    Ian McDiarmid would be second

I wouldn't count on Ewan, Harrison or Natalie on being there

This weekend (just past) Sept's 1,2,3 - Carrie Fisher attended the Fan Expo in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    She signed both Sat/Sun. She must have a bionic wrist

Auto's I have: John Morton, Michonne Bourriague, Julian Glover, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Ray Park, Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Barrie Holland & Matt Wood

19. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I really, really, really want Ian McDiarmid to be there, Palpatine is my favorite! I would like Christopher Lee, but I do not think he comes arcoss the pond for convention stuff anymore. I have alot of autos from CII and CIII, but I would like:
    1. Mark Hamill
    2. Harrison Ford
    3. Hayden
    4. Samuel L.
    5. JE Jones
    6. Ian McDiarimid
    7. Christopher Lee
    8. George Lucas
    The one thing about it being in LA that made me happy is that I think Official Pix can bring in the bigger name actors since it close to home for most of them. Even if they only stayed one day, it is better then nothing.

20. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Harrison Ford. No question. At all. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Hamill.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Not who...but what....

How cool would it be for them to "claim" to have footage or demos from the upcoming live action series only to find out it's Blue Harvest all over again? Imaine the lights go out and instead of clips from a show, animated or otherwise, we see EPISODE O - The Sith War!!! HAHA I know, it's never going to happen. A boy can dream, damn it. A boy can dream!!!!

22. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Would have loved to have met Alec Guinness. But I am really looking forward to (hoping to) meeting Mark and Carrie. I've basically ruled out ever meeting Harrison at any SW convention.

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Christopher Lee has to be top of my list not for dooku but his for his hammer horror movies he was in my view one of the best actors playing as dracula.
    Would like to meet carrie, mark and anthony daniels those are the people I have not yet met
    Also seeing george lucas along with harrison ford on stage would be something to remember considering I missed out on george
    at C3. And really just seeing the regulars again I will enjoy cause they tell such brillant stories and are a bunch or real nice people.

Anyway us brits attending should be what people would want to see cause I mean we will be short in our numbers,we should be granted our own booth space and consider us as "the die hard star wars fans" for travelling all those 1000's miles :p

24. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I was lucky enough to meet Mark Hamill about 10 years ago. It was at a Sci-Fi convention of some sort in Los Angeles. He said it was the first one he'd ever done. He was very nice, personalized everything he signed and didn't charge anything. I had him sign a oversized postcard of young Luke and the ticket stub for the event. I just about hyperventalated when I met him as he had been my very first celebrity crush. I felt like a twitter-pated thirteen year old. [face_love] It was very cool and an incredible memory!

If I had my druthers, I'd want to meet George Lucas with Harrison Ford running a really close second.

25. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I wonder if bai ling will attend...............
    I have her autograph from C3 here I wonder if it will be worth alot of money in years to come [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.