main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Matthew Wood or one of the concept artist :D

2. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Still looking forward to meet Jimmy Smits (Senator Bail Organa)although I thik he doesn't do Cons. I'd also love to see some more OT cast members, that would be Great!

Last time around at C3, I got to work with Officialpix and had the chance to work with Alan Ruscoe and it was a great experience. Peter Mayhew was a blast and Amy Allen was gorgeous! Oerall, the celebs really made the event more special, so I'm looking forward to the celeb list for C4!

3. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I don't have to actually meet any of these folks but I'd sure like to be within 20 meters of...GL first and foremost of course. :D Then Mark and Carrie and Harrison - the quintessentials. Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker and Warwick Davis (Wicket rules!). Hayden and Ewan and Natalie. Lawrence Kasdan! And please - Liam Neeson. The special effects crews for all the films too. Magnificent work!

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I can cross my fingers that Mr Wedge Antilles himself may be there.....but I doubt it very much

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Has Dennis Lawson ever been to a con?

6. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    Hayden. I could stand to see Hayden again and actually get his autograph this time! My husband will just have to supply to kleenex for my drool. I'd love to see Samuel L. Jackson, too. He's just awesome! :)

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    In a word, no. Not even in his neck of the words. And I'm sure he's been offered a bag 'o cash to do it, but he's not interested. Now if there's a bigger bag o' cash... you never know. Money does talk; even if it only whispers, sometime's it's enough. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I know it is "wishful thinking", but you cannot put a price on getting to meet The Maker himself in person, one-on-one for a pic.

My wife and I would also love to get a pic with Rick McCallum and Steve Sansweet at C4.

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    You'd think he could use the money. Gesh!

10. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I said this a few months ago, I just don't want to go all the way to LA and see some guy who did art work for the cover of some Force Lageacy book I haven't read. They really need to do it all up. 30 years. We need some AWESOME surprises. I'll be dissappointed if I don't see Mark and Carrie. I think I'd retire from being a Star Wars fan if they bail like thtey did last year.

11. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I know how you feel. I felt rather disappointed with CIII's list of celebrities. Now, CII was awesome... Tony Daniels hosting, Hayden was there... ah, I miss those days! :_|

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I want to meet Lobot.

13. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    If you see lobot it will only be in spirit form, john hollis who plays him died october last year

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Damn it.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I agree 100% with pwinklespi. A 30th anniversary bash like this on such a grand scale DEMANDS big-name actors and actresses. This movie saga has touched the lives of countless fans across the globe.

Attention LFL and all involved with C4: Give the loyal, die-hard fans what they want

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    What about the Ugnaught who played 'Keep Away from the Wookie' with Threepio's head? I'd like to meet him.

17. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Yes, having a lot of the big guns there from all 6 movies would be the ultimate. However, you have to admitt that it's gonna be one heck of a party even if there aren't a lot of them there!!

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I was very disappointed with the guests at C3, but my wife and I had the time of our LIVES there. So yup, you're definitely right - C4 is gonna be mind-blowing even without an A-list of guests there! [face_dancing]

19. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Who I want to see at C4 is the fans! I really cant wait to spend 5 days with people that love SW as much as i do!! Although seeing the celbs will be cool, but in the past the few I have met has been a disapointment (I have not met any SW celebs yet)! I just want a really cool 5 days chillin with likeminded people celebrating the thing I love!

20. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    you silver tongued Devil you.

21. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Mr Cottons Parrott. What happened at the Angelina Jolie riot? I don't remember that. Do you have pictures?

22. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Basically -- too many attendees and not enough security. It was actually rather frightening for a moment. *AND* some idiot thought it would be a good idea for her to do autographs for awhile under the sails for awhile after the movie presentation.

First, there was literally a stampede -- people racing through the exhibit hall to get to the stairs to the sails area to get in line for this. It sounded like thunder -- thank heavens it was early in the morning, right when the doors opened for the day. I was working in an exhibitor booth, and we were all like, "what the heck is that noise?" And then we saw it blasting by about 10 rows down from us. Someone could have been easily injured.

Second, not nearly enough security, and I believe this had to do with the fact that the studio had private security of its own that a) did not understand the ramifications of the sheer number of people at comic-con and b) did not coordinate with CC security. This is of course second-hand info, I did not see this part, but I did see the aftermath when I went upstairs for something else, and my girlfriend was unwittingly involved in it (see below).

When I finally got upstairs, there was just this giant mass of people, which is like "duh" for comic con these days, but it was one of those things where you feel that the control is slipping from the situation rapidly. Private and CC security were up on chairs, yelling at people to leave the area. People were packed -- Ms. Jolie was sitting at the one end of the table, if you've been up there, y'know where that glass-walled corridor is behind the autograph area? Okay, so here's what I saw personally -- she's sitting there, packed with fans in line in front of her, to either side of her, and the glassed-in corridor BEHIND her ALSO packed with fans. Add the inadequate number of security people to this. If you've ever seen that episode of old Trek where the people are crammed in against the Enterprise's windows, you get the idea. Everyone trying to see her and get photos. I actually caught a glimpse of her for a moment, and she looked white very nervous. Who could blame her? But she did sign autographs for awhile, so I have a lot of respect for her.

Finally, and this is the kicker -- my girlfriend is 3 tables down from this mob-fest, waiting to get a different autograph. She's literally standing in front of the celeb, photo on table, pen out, when literally a crush of fans trying to get a glimpse of Ms. Jolie literally carried her along (think of like a crest of a wave) away from where she was, and pushed her ahead of them to the table between where she was and Ms. Jolie. I don't remember who was sitting signing autographs at that time, but he literally reached over and pulled my friend over his table, out of the way of the mass of fans. Her husband has a camcorder recording of this -- it's funny now and a great story, because she ended up getting more autographs for it, but it was SCARY at the time.

People, just go to Celebration for "what it is," not "who's there." It's a celebration. That's the reason to go.

MCP
    Caryn B.

23. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey Justin! I agree with what you say about trying to make fans happy, but look, it's up to the ACTORS and celebs whether they want to go. We do not own them, nor their lives. If they are busy, they're busy. If they don't want to do it, they don't want to do it, and they don't have to. It's not a slight against the fans, it's life. It doesn't matter if they're working now or not. We can hope that they will agree to come and take part in this milestone, but it as for "demanding" them, I think that's an unrealistic stance to take. And even if they do sign on to go, there is NO guarantee that they will end up being there when it all goes down. That old "barring other commitments" clause is firmly in most contracts of this type.

MCP
    Caryn

24. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    YES, EXACTLY!!!
    MCP

25. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Amen. I just want to see people in costumes and see props and hang out with other fans. It is going to be a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.