main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to star in the Live Action TV Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jengafett, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    The rumours state that it's set between ROTS and ANH, so what characters can you see being the star.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, post the character and what the series will be about. I think it'll be...

STAR: Boba Fett.
    REASONS: Temura Morrison said he was interested in a TV series, he can play adult Boba Fett, whereas I'm sure Daniel Logan will the young'un. The rumours state a hundred episodes, where DL slowly changes into TM.
    STORY: Boba Fett is growing up to be a bounty hunter. He starts taking bounties off people. Each episode continues the story, maybe a new bounty each week or a whole series on one bounty.

That's what I think, what about you?

2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Bounty of the Week episodes would get old very fast. There's only so many variants one can do on 'Boba Fett is hired by X to get Y. He overcomes obstacles and gets Y.'

An anthalogy series like the EMPIRE series with mostly unrelated episodes would work best. Giving the show plenty of variety and flexilbity to cover the particular genres (bounty hunter, smuggler, imperials, rebellion, jedi, droids misadventure... whatever floats your boat).

The actors playing Tarkin, Mothma, the Organas and Captain Antilles in ROTS can all be in it. Anthony Daniels. Jango Fett guy. Ian McDiarmid. Who knows... maybe Ewan McGregor can guest star...

3. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I hope the star is some character we've never seen before, a regular guy/gal who is swept up in the Imperial storm much like Luke was. Perhaps they'd be destined to become important players in the Rebel Alliance?

Along the way, s/he'd form a small band of heroes and perhaps cross paths with the few remaining surviving Jedi, clones, maybe even Vader himself.

I think the series should be an adventure/mystery style show set in the STAR WARS universe, but perhaps not directly involved in the storyline told in the movies.

And NO MORE Boba Fett!

4. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I think someone conirmed at C3, that the main character is from the films, though is a minor character, I see Boba as quite minor in all of it so I think him. I'd also like a TROOPs-style show where Clone Troopers hunt Jedi and criminals.

5. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Check the news reports. Looks like at least one of the minor characters may be Aayla Secura, the female Twi'lek Jedi.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_91649.asp

I think the show, like the films, would work best as an ensemble cast. Given that the films are epic in nature, you need a larger cast to give that same kind of scope to the series. A series centered on Boba Fett would be very limited in character scope. I wouldn't be opposed to him appearing from time to time as a story may dictate, but not as the sole star of a series.

I like the idea that was raised here already about Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Captain Antilles, etc. coming together to form what will become the Rebel Alliance. Since many of them are still members of the Imperial Senate, there would be a lot of conspiracy and espionage going on with them operating in secret. We would also be able to witness the rise of the Empire. In fact, why not just use the working title from "Revenge of the Sith" as the title for the series? "Rise of the Empire"!!!

6. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Doesn't Aayla die in the Purge? How could she be in the TV series? I once thought Boba Fett would be the star of a new show, but I agree with the others who say a "SW: Bounty Hunter" type show would get old over 100 episodes. I think the show needs to deal with a set of central characters who are only minorly connected to the movies, like Captian Antilles or someone. I do think that whomever the star of the show is, there needs to be a Jedi and this Jedi must occasionally use his or her lightsaber. The lightsaber is the backbone of the GFFA and it could be that whenever the Jedi gets out the lightsaber, you know something important is going to happen.

7. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    Why do so many people feel that ALL the jedi will die in EP3? There are quite a few years that pass between ROTS and ANH. There will probably be bands of rogue Jedi scattered here and there, hence, part of the basis for the show as you cant have a Star Wars show without a Jedi.

8. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    I can see the series focus on a Jedi that escaped the purge but doesn't know what happened to Anakin and this Jedi searches the entire galaxy looking for Anakin to confront him. While his is searching for Anakin the series will also focus on Vader searching the galaxy for more Jedi to kill. And eventually the series will end with both the Jedi and Vader confronting each other...and the Jedi I can see being in the series that searches for Anakin would be Quinlon Vas (apologize for the spelling) I think it be cool to see Vos in action specially when he is such a bad ass Jedi and I like to see a face off betwen Vos and Vader....

9. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    100 episodes,does that mean this is gonna be five seasons of the story between episode 3 and episode 4?They should just do that story with just one season,not five.

I would like too see Boba Fett in this series for sure,but not just focused on him.I want too see another Jedi being introduced and have the show be focused on him.Then at the end of the season have Vader take him out in a lightsaber duel...

10. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    AAYLA SECURA

11. Jade40291

Jade40291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    STAR: Heretofore unknown character swept into the drama of the Rebellion Against the Empire, which, at this stage in history, is in its infancy. The viewers will watch this character grow and begin to form a cell within the fledgling Rebellion (separate from Mon Mothma and Bail Organa's cell) although cameos from known characters will be good during sweeps, especially cameos from Darth Vader himself as he raids hidden base after hidden base.

It has a lot of potential, but I am still skeptical.

12. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    From all the information I am reading about this television series I really think we will see a series that focuses on a Jedi that escaped the purge and we never heard of that will search the galaxy for Anakin not knowing Anakin has become Darth Vader and through this Jedi's search he gets into different adventures and then eventually he finds out Anakin is Vader then eventually confronts Vader...While this is going on I think we'll see parts of Vader continuing his purge ....

13. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Well judging by all the actors who were interested in doing the movies and didn't get a chance, I don't think they'll be short on talent.
    Between RotS and ANH could mean anything.
    Minor character could be anyone from someone new, Bail, Mon Mothma, Boba, Captain Antilles, spare Jedi, to anybody else.
    If Tem's interested, then there'll be no shortage of stormies. I hope they use Tem cause he's one of my fav people from SW :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.