main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who do you want to write Amazing Spider-man now that JMS is stepping down?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NJOfan215, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Jms will be leaving AMS later this year after being on the title for 6.5 years. Who should be the next spidey writer? If you want to feel free to specify an artist as well, though i'm not sure if garney is leaving the title as well.

Joss Whedon has done a good job with AXM the book is fun and well plotted, but he has agreed to take over runaways, so i doubt he will be doing another mounthly book for marvel.

Fabian Nicieza has made cable and deadpool one fo my favorite books, i can see really nailing Peter's sence of humor.

Mark Miller could do a good job with spidey, but in a way i don't want him to be the writer sinc ei want the book to come out on time.

Kevin Smith might be a posability. He was supposed to write marvel knights spiderman a while back ended up having to back out. Spider-man Black Cat was unconventional but very cool.

Micheal Avon Oeming, while not that well known, is a talented writer. His Thor books were and his run on red sonja is Damn good. My only reservation is that Spidey is very different from the other stuff he's done. I still think he could pull it off.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    As great as Smith would be he is perpetually late with his titles and its been bad enough waiting for Civil War. The only thing I would really want from the writer is that he has to find a balance between Peter's sense of humour (something a lot of people have trouble writing) and the drama in his life that is perpetual and nearly constant. i would suggest Bendis but he is too busy writing every other title the list above currently isn't.

I hear that Jeph Loeb is supposed to be getting a Spider-man title soon. Just don't know who it will be with and which one.

*sigh* I guess the days of Strazynski and JRJR are officially gone. No chance for a reunion now.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    JMS is stepping down? Damn, I don't even know if it'll be worth reading - he's such a fantastic storyteller, and his ASM books have been outstanding. That being said, Joss Whedon taking the helm would be spiffy.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Dan Slott. A good old fashion storyteller who doesn't do the crap that was done with "Sins Past".

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Sins Past never happened. Don't ever bring it up again.

I want Adam-Castro Troy to be the writer even though that will never happen. He wrote pretty much the best Spidey story in a while with his Sinister Six books.

Also Mark Waid would probably rock the house, but that wouldn't happen either.

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Not being a spiderman fan, I'm off once JMS leaves.

7. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I haven't read anything by Loeb, so i don't know if i would like him to write spidey or not. I've read a little of Slott's stuff and liked it as well as wiad's. Isn't waid a dc exclusive?

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Loeb did a great run with Spider-man Blue even if it wasn't really satisfactorily concluded.

9. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002

Mark Miller could do a good job with spidey, but in a way i don't want him to be the writer sinc ei want the book to come out on time.

Kevin Smith might be a posability. He was supposed to write marvel knights spiderman a while back ended up having to back out. Spider-man Black Cat was unconventional but very cool.

I'm sorry but you mentioning Millar's lateness problems, and then turning around and wanting Kevin Smith to write just made me LOL. :p

10. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Joss would be cool but i think he is taking over runaways next. But he gets my vote.

dkt

11. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Wasn't Smiths run on Daredevil and Green Arrow pretty timely?

And Whedon shouldn't work on anything other then getting Wonder Women made.

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I thought he never finished daredevil, because he had a story locked down and prevented Bendis from using certain characters in his run with the character.

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Smith did have delays with his DD run, but that owed more to Joe Quesada, IIRC. And GA was on time. But it was when he did "Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do" that he was late. Extremely late. Smith got three issues done, but then it was three years before he finished. This owing to his film work getting in the way. "Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target" is in limbo with only one issue completed. He also turned down the chance to write Spidey, partially because of the delays and partially because of the whole marriage issue.

14. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    He says no now...lets see what happens when the Clerks 2 money runs dry.

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, he is taking over runaways.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, he has "Live Free Or Die Hard", "Catch & Release" as well as other films projects. So I'm thinking he's going to be fine, financial wise.

17. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I'd want Ostrander to write Spidey but that would mean taking him away from Legacy . . . and I don't want that at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.