main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who does Obi-Wan love more

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Forbidden Love and Death, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    This has been an informative return to TFN. :)

I do not know the histories of the characters but personally I think the Jedi misconstrue what love is thus I doubt he 'loved' any of them romantically at all.

2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Wasn’t there the arc in Season 2 „Conspiracy on Mandalore“, where Kenobi fought together with Satine Pre Vizsla, who was Gouvernour of the moon Concordia that time? Kenobi told Satine that, if she would have asked him to marry her, he would have left the Jedi-Temple immediately. Maybe she should have done this.

Anyway, I find this Kenobi's confession to her very romantic. :)

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't respect a character who would throw away his entire life's work over a romance, and I don't think Obi-Wan would actually do it.

I'm sure it was meant to ignite the "Awwww" factor though.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Obi-Wan loves alcohol more...

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon and gracesonnet like this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    @ Sudooku: That is indeed likely but I didn't see it. :) I'm glad you liked it.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

I think the scene was where they were playing a ruse on the hostage taker, trying to to distract him with all the love sickening admissions . Kenobi did love Satine romantically it appears but he chose the Order. However, Jedi by training are supposed to love all life but in the TPM they had chauvinist towards creatures of lesser intelligence(Jar Jar is a good example). The Jedi during this state in time I guess were supposed to be losing their way which was being taken advantage of by Sidious as the Jedi lost their way in the darkness he gained power. Difference was Anakin acted on his emotions and betrayed the code to do so, while Kenobi chose to stick orthodoxly to faith and not to act on those impulses however natural. Once Anakin broke the Jedi vow of abstinence if not outright celibacy his commitment to the Order was forfeit, he was living a lie.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think commitment to faith and to a person have to be in opposition. It's the main issue I have with the Jedi. However, I do agree faith comes first so I'm glad Obi-Wan didn't leave as the Jedi was his life.

I rather feel Anakin was false nearly the whole time, he didn't suit being a member of the Old Jedi Order at all.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You win most interesting post in the thread so far. I think you're probably right, the Jedi may well have succeeded in completely squashing that part of him. Welcome back. :D

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Tarkas. [:D]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    My post was not so much about why Kenobi did not leave the Jedi-Order. But about why Satine didn't dare to ask him to marry her? Did she respect the Jedi-Order and Kenobi's dedication towards it so much or did she had very own reasons about we don't know, not to ask him or to confess her feelings to him?

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She probably had no idea that he would consider leaving the Order.

I also didn't take that statement as "if you would have proposed." I took it as "if you would have told me that you loved me back."

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I had successfully suppressed any knowledge of that plot point until now, damn you anakinfansince1983. I eventually got acclimated to the idea of the whole Satine back-story...but still can't handle the "Obi-Wan Kenobi shouldn't have been a Jedi at all!" part...

13. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Since Siri is no longer canon, I'd say Satine

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He did say he would have left the order for her if she told him she loved him.

15. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014

I took that line to mean, "If you had said the word back then, I would have left." Padawan Obi-Wan might have chosen to leave; I don't think Knight/Master Obi-Wan would have done it once he'd really invested his life into being a Jedi.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I absolutely agree with this. Their exchange makes it clear they are talking about another time:

Satine: "I have loved you... from the moment you came to my aid, all those years ago."
    Obi-Wan: "Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order."

And since the pair shared these adventures with Qui-Gon Jinn, we know that the Obi-Wan who would have dropped everything for his flame was not oly a less committed being, but also a far younger one, as well. These early adventures were of a teen-aged (okay, maybe early-twenties, at best) Obi-Wan.

And we all know what it's like to be a teenager in love, right? :D

Either way, I love that Kenobi experienced and understood what it meant to feel romantic love for another person. It makes him a more interesting character to me.

But I agree - Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is now a wholly different person from the one who would have just dropped everything. And whether she might have done so back 'then,' the Duchess Satine Kryze was now a person who, as much as she may secretly entertain the thought, would never "say the word."

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    She dies!!!??? Oh man....havent seen that episode yet.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It's really depressing.

19. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Obi-wan loves ME the best... but don't tell the Obi-Wan fanclub thread I said that.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Lol. [face_laugh] That just made my day; thanks.

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Damn.....my girlfriend likes her character

22. CelticJedi73

CelticJedi73 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2014
    I think I liked Siri more but that's just my opinion .

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You win. :p

Vorax likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was talking to somebody who was a real big satin fan and I said it brings mandalore back to were it should have been worriers.