main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who doesn't want to see III on DVD?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediKink, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I might be the only one, but I am not looking forward to seeing E3 on the small screen I was so depressed when I saw it in theatres, I don't know about watching it now.

Am I the only one?

(P.S. Let me know if this should be in the E3 forum or if this one is alright. It is the DVD.)

malkie edit see last post

2. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Since there is an EIII DVD Thread it should probably go there. I have already watched ROTS several times on DVD because I enjoyed the movie so much. During the darker parts of the film it is a little depressing but I still love the movie so I'm glad it is out on DVD.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm also gald it is out on DVD.

4. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    I'm glad it's out too!

5. invader_jenny

invader_jenny Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    It was painful enough the first time. Watching it again at home made me cry. Actually I laughed out loud at most of the parts I wasn't fast forwarding through. "Noooooooo!" Ha! Crap.

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I'm glad it's out. It's the best movie of the PT.

7. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Then you clearly have poor taste and are emotionless.

8. invader_jenny

Nov 3, 2005
    Oh come on. Don't tell me that you didn't bust out in to song when the words "War!" apeared on the screen.
    "War! Huh! What is it good for? Ab-so-lutly nothin'!"

Oh, and your telling me that during the scene where Palpy says "Anakin, I have good news." that you didn't shout out "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

Or the fact that Grevious was obviously voice by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog? Come on. Every line he says should have ended with "For me to poop on!"

And the ever present, "Noooooooo!" line. My god... Was that the best take they got? James Earl Jones is better than that. tisk, tisk.

9. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    To truly appreciate the movie, you have to watch the "Order 66" part and the jedi kids dying. Only then can you truly love the circle.

10. AwesomeMe

AwesomeMe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    These kinds of complaints make me laugh. Besides the former three, which only prove immaturity, the latter complaint is an ignorant one. Star Wars has, and ever will be, made as an homage to 1930s serials where some of the more dramatic scenes are played up for camp...for melodrama...for HOMAGE. Vader's "NOOOOO!" was a perfect example of this.

So next time, do some research or use your brain. Though I study film for a living, my friends who saw ROTS could easily point these things out. Heck, my MOTHER could do so.

11. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    No, in fact I didn't. For some reason you seem to forget that, as the poster above pointed out, these movies are supposed to be cheasy. He bases them off of the old sci-fi films of the 30's/40's. That is exactly why he purposefully writes certain cheasy lines of dialogue, and uses things like "War!" and "NOOOO!!!," and such. Plus, you seem to easily forget that Luke did just as cheasy of a "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in ESB. And I have a question for you: "If you hate ROTS so bad, why did you even buy it on DVD or come on here to complain about it?

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I loved ROTS in the theaters and I love it on DVD.

13. invader_jenny

Nov 3, 2005
    Hey, hot shot. I've got a degree in Film. Plus, my friends pointed out exactly the same things I'm talking about. Not to mention my father, who happens to have 5 masters degrees (including one in cinema studies), agreed with my analysis of ROTS.

Hey - the question was asked "Who doesn't want to see III on DVD?" There's my answer.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well are they the "true" star wars fans who did not like ROTS. Most of the people here who I consider true star wars fans loved ROTS.

15. AwesomeMe

AwesomeMe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    The mere fact that you have to tell my about your little papa who allegedly has "5 master degrees" shows how much I owned you. The point is, you spoke negatively about ROTS, which is of course your right, yet you did it in an ignorant manner. If you wanted to complain about something that wasn't done intentionally, then please, be my guest. But not the stuff that was meant to be outrageous, campy, or cheesy.

16. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    probably best left to be discussed in the EP3 forums (follow the links).

Take note however, that this sort of personal attacks on other users won't be tolerated. Anymore from anyone in this forum, and I won't hesitate to ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.