Who else adores the music in LOTR?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by THX_Princess, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    My favorite part of the soundtrack is just after they leave Rivendell and they walk one by one over a mountain pass. Fantastic job.
  2. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not bashing Williams, (I loved his A.I. soundtrack among many others) but the fact that he has tapped into his own body of work to gain inspiration is apparent to anyone who listens to his music.

EDIT: That scene gives me goosebumps, Bib. It is so powerful. :)
  3. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I love the Breaking of the Fellowship and the Kazadum one. gives me chills. Oh and the one with the Moth, can't remember the name of it.
  4. Gonzonaut Jedi Knight

star 3
    I loved the music for Fellowship of the Ring. There's a lot of comparisons here to John Williams, but to be fair, I dont' think that the two composeres are of entirely the same style. Williams seems more strongly thematic than Shore, whose themes are, I think, more subtle. I think this subtlety of Shore's themes were very appropriate to the film.
  5. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    *rushes in* I do!!! :) :)

So much so that I actually went and bought it at a music store, and I *never* do that. I always buy from Target, WalMart, etc, but when I couldn't find it there, I was willing to pay a higher price for it. Just wish I'd had a choice of covers, but oh well. Bilbo is a good character, just not the one I would've chose. ^_~

GriffZ- o_O Wow... someone's using my Tomcat icon! Thanks! :D

~*~Bria
  6. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I loved the moth music too. Very very cool! The music when they go over the mountain pass (The Ring goes South) is really cool and plays at different places throughout the movie as well. I especially liked it at the bridge of Khazad dum. :)

I haven't seen Angela's Ashes or the Bridge at Tibet, but I can tell you that I really hated A.I and I didn't like the score at all either. Just my opinion, though.

Edit: There is a choice of covers! I ordered mine from amazon, so I didn't get to pick. I ended up getting Saruman. :)
  7. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ever notice the score for both Copland and The Score?
  8. Jorus_Kando Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with you guys... The combination of the music as they cross that mountain pass, coupled with the sheer coolness of seeing the Fellowship ready for whatever may come is amazing.

Whne I bought my copy of the soundtrack, I got the standard cover with the four Hobbits, however, inside, I had six individual copies of the cover featuring Aragorn, Gandalf, Bilbo, Frodo, Arwen, and Saruman, respectively. Are all copies like this, or did I just get really lucky??
  9. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess you are really lucky! I only got the card with Saruman and the foldout thing with the lyrics on it. I was tempted to cut the picture of the four hobbits out of the booklet and put it on my door, but I decided not to. :)
  10. Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I know this is geeky, but I love crying "To the Bridge of Khazad-Dum!" just before cueing that track on the CD! :D
  11. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, we're all geeks here. ;)

I like to listen to the music in the dark and just lie there and feel the tingles. :D It is very relaxing!
  12. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just found out that I will be playing a musician in the latest school play and I got this idea to throw in a little snippet from "Concerning Hobbits." :D

Does anybody know enough about music to be able to tell what instrument they actually used for that piece? It sounds flutish, but that doesn't mean much; there are a lot of flute-like instruments out there.
  13. B.J. Zanzibar Force Ghost

star 5
    Heh heh

I really love the Enya, especially the Sindarin "Aniron". There's some Quenya in "May it Be", btw. The Shore stuff is pretty cool, too, especially "The Bridge of Khazad Dum".

...hmm...

If you go to Khazad Dum, you will die.
  14. ArnaKyle Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhhhh I think it's a recorder, at least that's what my mom said and she's the resident flute expert. ;)

I love the soundtrack, I think I've listened to it at least 12 times since I bought it on Friday...yes I know, I'm obsessed. Concerning Hobbits...I just love that. And everytime I hear the end of Khazad Dum and Breaking of the Fellowship I just want to cry... I got all the words down to May it Be and I'm slowly working on Anirion. But yes, wonderful music, wonderful movie. I love the soundtrack, it's constantly playing in my head.
  15. Senator_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 2
    I looove it!!! [face_love] I have to admit it, I always cry when I listen to it... [face_blush]
  16. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, thanks :) Hopefully it will sound alike enough on my flute.

Aniron took me the better part of a day to learn, and I don't think I will ever be able to sing it like Enya can. But I am trying anyway. ;) I haven't listened to May it Be very much, but I have In Dreams mostly down. I like that one a lot (though not as much as Aniron) just because it follows the Concerning Hobbits tune. I have decided that is my favorite theme in the whole score-- I think it is addictive!
  17. Sarah Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've seen it four times, and am anxious to get the soundtrack. I understand that there is no difference in the CD between the different photo covers of the regular soundtrack, but what is the difference between them and the one with the red cover that says it's a 'special edition'? I waited till after XMas to go to the store, just in case someone gave it to me, and by that time they were out of the regular and only had the red cover, so I couldnt' even compare the exterior notes.
    Is it worth the extra $$ for the 'special' CD? I'm not worried about giving up the photo cover, since 1) I already have all the books and magazines I could lay hands on and 2) it would be too hard to choose anyway! So has anyone gotten the special? and had a chance to compare it to the regular?
    thanks!
    Sarah
  18. B.J. Zanzibar Force Ghost

star 5
    There's no difference between the standard and special editions of the soundtrack itself. There's just more goodies in the special edition.
  19. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I wanted a cover with Galadriel but I don't think they made one of her.I had to settle for Strider.

My fave part is the last 40 seconds of track 13.
  20. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

I adore this music supremely and, I dare say, it is perhaps one of the finest scores ever commited to the medium we know as film.

A distinct triumph, indeed.
  21. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I got the version that has Bilbo on the cover.

I absolutely adore this soundtrack! The composer does take some queues from Williams (who in turn took queues from Prokofiev) in establishing leitmotifs throughout the soundtrack. My personal favorite is the "Ring Theme." You hear it several times throughout the movie, but the only place you hear it on the soundtrack is (I forget the track # or title) when the Fellowship passes through the great statues into Gondor. A close second is the "Orc Theme" heard several times on the soundtrack.

Still, without a doubt, my favorite piece is "the Bridge of Khazad-Dum" (sp?)
  22. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

Does anyone have any idea if they will be coming out with a "More Music From..." Disc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.