who else is sick and tired of this choosen one bologni?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by homeless_jedi, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "he will bring balance to the force, he is the chosen one"

what ? speak english please..this aint the bibble. the choosen one this..he will bring balance. huh uh..is anyone not getting it?

and how come only the people in the movie know it..but we dont?

i dunno..it just sounds like a bunch of bologni..can someone..explain.. in english?
  2. DarthGenerator Jedi Master

star 1
    Anakin is chosen to bring balance to the force...lay of the crack and you will understand.....My lord!!! its not that difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    homeless has a good point do you realize how many times the term or storyline "Chosen One" has been used in movies and Television? [face_plain]
  4. Shacha_Morrob Jedi Padawan

Really its not that hard, DarthGenerator's explanation was abuot as simple as it gets.
  5. AnakinSlave Jedi Knight

star 3
    I get it.

This isn't brain surgery.

What's there to understand? ;)
  6. lumberjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not religious, but it is sort of like how Jesus is pictured. He was the mesaih (or whatever) which is like the chosen one. He was to bring peace to the world, and Anakin was to bring balance to the Force. It may sound wrong... oh well...

All you need is love!
  7. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8
    homeless_jedi, you never cease to amaze me.
  8. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    If you don't like the movie(s), simply don't watch them. :)
  9. Izird Jedi Master

star 4
    lumberjedi is right.

From many "chosen one" stories, it is Jesus Christ who is represented in some way.

Anakin, Neo (the Matrix), Kale (Titan A.E.), Aragorn (LotR) - they're all Christ figures.
  10. lumberjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Like Jar Jar was going to be! :D

All you need is love!
  11. Annbri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually, I don't see how he brings balance to the Force. Everybody says it's because he killed palpy, but if Vader hadn't come around, palpy wouldn't have gained that power. It's like saying you'll bring balance to the scales, so you first put them off balance, then re-balance them. Come one, Lucas, you can do better!

And how come we never heard anything about the balance thing until PT? If everybody heaved a sigh of relief (at the balance being restored, specifically) afterwards, then how come nobody noticed?

It just seems like a last-minute tangent. They're trying to allegorize Star Wars, and it's just not going to work. Some things you can, some you just can't. Sorry.

:)
  12. Tay-Mau Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    A "chosen one" isn't just a Biblical term. Remember, Star Wars also has deep roots in mythology and classic space opera. It's basically just a heroic term.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  14. DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah, you can talk all you want but Anakin don't bring balance ta jack.
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Why not? Aren't there an overabundance of Jedi before Anakin? That's not a balance.

Likewise, Luke later bring it back into balance the other way.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  16. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    bologni sandwich anyone?
  17. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8
    Actually, I don't see how he brings balance to the Force. Everybody says it's because he killed palpy, but if Vader hadn't come around, palpy wouldn't have gained that power. It's like saying you'll bring balance to the scales, so you first put them off balance, then re-balance them. Come one, Lucas, you can do better!

Palpatine seems to be gaining alot of power in the prequels without Vader. Palpatine would have ended up where he was in the OT without or without Vader.
  18. annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, this kind of trails off the topic, but doesn't calling Palpatine, "Palpy" sound sort of degrading? I mean, this guy's the Emperor, the ultimate bad guy in this saga. Calling him "Palpy" sounds so funny...

19. Tobie_Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    What is the source of this prophecy?

If it comes from the Jedi archives, well we already know that they can be corrupted.
  20. TheWombat Jedi Master

star 4
    And how come we never heard anything about the balance thing until PT?

Well, I would think because it's a Jedi prophecy, and in the OT there were only two, very old Jedi.
  21. Kazkid8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    dont u people get it??????

bring balance: 1 dark side 1 light side!
    ( dark: vader. Light: luke)
    before luke: 2 darkside 2 lightside!
    (dark: palp. and vader. Good: yoda and obi)
  22. Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Master

star 4
    I could have handle the "chosen" one thing alone, but the fact that Anakin was CONCEIVED by midichlorians? UGH!!

Now, I do(and always will)beliave that L;uke is the one who bring balance, not his Father.

Yes, Anakin did kill the Emperor, but only because Luke helped him figth his conflict.
  23. Annbri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could have handled the "chosen" one thing alone, but the fact that Anakin was CONCEIVED by midichlorians? UGH!!

Yeah. Very uncool. And here we all wanted to meed vader's daddy!
  24. JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    whispers to homeless_jedi

:::you spelt "balagna" wrong::: ;)
  25. Diogonese Jedi Knight

star 2
    ...honestly, I don't see how the force gets "balanced" in ROTJ. Wouldn't killing Palpatine throw the force OUT of balance? I mean, shouldn't the lightside, and the darkside be equal? Yin and yang, you know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.