main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else likes the TV show Macgyver?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by OBIX1, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before,(I'll lock this if it has)

Anyway,who else here likes the TV show Macgyver that ran from '85 through '92? I think it's a awsome show,with good story lines,and good action.So,any other fans out there? :)

"Ductape,I never leave home with out it."~Macgyver :cool:

2. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    You just forced me to listen to the theme song, and all the memories are just floating back.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I don't like MacGyver, I love it. :D

I used to watch it all the time on ABC and in reruns. I havn't seen it in years. Murdock is also one of the all time great villians. One of my favorite episodes is when MacGyver and Murdock join forces to rescue Murdock's sister.

In my opinion MacGyver is up there with James Bond and Indiana Jones as one of the best action heros ever.

Remember, the never found his body. ;)

4. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. I remember one episode where he started a car by throwing two eggs in the engine.

5. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    I don't like MacGyver, I love it.

I used to watch it all the time on ABC and in reruns. I havn't seen it in years.

Cool Gobi-1! :D yeah,they currently show it on TV land at 2:00 P.M. (EST). :)

Murdock is also one of the all time great villians. One of my favorite episodes is when MacGyver and Murdock join forces to rescue Murdock's sister.

In my opinion MacGyver is up there with James Bond and Indiana Jones as one of the best action heros ever.

Remember, the never found his body.

Yeah I agree! The murdock episodes are some of the best.here's a quote I like from one of them,

State Trooper: (After Murdock falls down a mine shaft) "We didn't find a body.But,we'll keep looking.There's no way a fella could've survived a fall like that"

Macgyver: You don't know Murdock.

I just thought that was cool! :D

~~~~~~~~~
    use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. I remember one episode where he started a car by throwing two eggs in the engine.

Yeah,I remember that one! I'm trying to think of the name of it.But,I can't quite remember right now. (I'll post again when I think of the name. ;))

6. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Patty and Selma Bouvier.

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yep I use to watch it as a kid all the time. One of my favourite shows.

8. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Yeah, Murdock was the best.

One of my favorite episodes is when MacGyver and Murdock join forces to rescue Murdock's sister.

Was that the one with the H.I.T. training course that Murdock and MacGyver had to find their way through? That was great...Murdock was sniveling and whining the whole way through, while Mac was the man who led his way through.

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Yeah it had several different settings. The first one was a Chicago setting. It had a bunch of dummies dressed a gagster firing real tommy guns at MacGyver and Murdock and they had to get passed them.

The next level was I belive a Vietnam or Korean War setting where they had to crawl on their bellys to get passed the machine gun fire.

The final level was an Indiana Jones like setting were Murdock's sister was tied up on the other side of a snake pit. MacGyver took kerosene from some nearby tiki torches and they put it on the shoes so it would repell the snakes.

I also love the Indiana Jones-ish episode where MacGyver finds the a lost temple that has has a blue diamond in it. The remove the diamond and the walls push in and it releases a huge stone that chases them down a long tunnel.

10. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid and yes Murdock did rock.

11. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks for all the responses guys! :) Also, DarthMaul13 ,I found a description of the episode you mentioned.From TV Land.com,

41 - Bushmaster
    MacGyver is called on to rescue an American cargo pilot being held on espionage charges in Central America. In his free time, he: plugs radiator holes with egg whites and he makes a rifle shoot by itself using a rock and string.

:)

12. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Haha, yeah that's the one. :D He also took off the tires from that car and drove it on the railroad tracks.

13. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    He also took off the tires from that car and drove it on the railroad tracks.

Yeah,that part's awsome! :)

And now for some good Macgyver quotes. :D

~~~~~~~~~~
    Lisa (A friend of Macgyvers):How do you come up with this stuff?

Mac: Well,the stuff's already there.I just find a different way to use it.

~~~~~~~~~
    Sam Malloy (Mac's son):So uh,where to?

Mac: Somewhere else.

(Btw,the reason that line's cool is because it was the last line of the last episode,just as they're riding off on motercycles.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mac:There's nothing you can't fix if you've got a swiss army knife,a roll of ductape,and your wits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you guys think of some more good quotes.Post'em here! :)

14. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    MacGyver is the man! Much beter than Bond. Bond had tons of gadgets at his diosposal to get out of every jam. MacGyver was pure intellect baby. That was such a great series.

I miss him. but at least now we have a worthy replacement...Jack Bauer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.