main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else thinks Jacen is the MAN?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jainas_Lover, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainas_Lover

Jainas_Lover Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2001
    I mean, I think Anakin's awesome too, but Jacen really is the man. Before the NJO Jacen use to ALWAYS school Anakin in the force and in lightsaber duels. In the NJO they act like Anakin is the strongest in the force of all the solo children, but that could be wrong. He wasn't strong enough to save himself, and he wasn't strong enough to see what a terrible idea the whole strike team thing was.
    Jacen showed his true colors in Balance Point when he almost kicked Tsvong Lah's butt...

2. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I dunno about him being the MAN, but i do think a lot of ppl have kinda judged him unfairly. Hes no coward thats for sure.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    The Man he aint

He's a coward, but not by the normal definition. A coward with the force, but not a coward otherwise.

I hated the character in Balance Point, but Rebirth and SbS has made me respect him as a flawed character. He is well written, and I respect that.

I wouldnt want him dead

4. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I think he should have died a worthless death long ago.

5. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    i would have rather seen jacen die, then anakin.

6. Agonizer_181

Agonizer_181 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Jacen is ghey

7. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Of course Jacens the man!

He has been trained with Noghri bodygaurds.
    He is a Skilled fencer.
    Powerful in the force.
    Divers in the force.

One of the few jedi who has ever laned a fist/elbow on the vong.
    He thinks before he acts. And yet he's self serving. Its a chracter fault, but at lest it diffrent from the "wraped in their own power" fault most jedi have.

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Jacen's outstanding, he's long been my favorite of the three Solo kids.

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Jacen most certainly is the MAN! He is my absolute favorite Solo kid and one of my favorite characters.

10. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Finally a thread worthy of letting out my repressed emotions! :p

YES, Jacen is definitely most positively by far THE man! ;)

11. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    love how responses come bunched with other similar :)

12. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    In SBS they said he had long hair that almost touched his shoulders. I think he is the best out of the three, and besides the mullet hes a pretty cool character.

13. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, he is the man! Ive grown to love his character as the NJO has progressed, and now I cant wait to see him slowly evolve into the savior of the GFFA, our reluctant hero. As ReaperFett said, Jacen is flawed and that is what make him (and Kyp) more believeable and more tangible characters as a result.

14. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Ok, how about this for responses not coming "bunched" with other similar ones: :D

I disagree that Jacen is a coward with the Force. In Balance Point and in other instances, we may see a misguided Jacen with the Force, but not cowardly IMO.

15. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    hmm, yes and no. He is misguided, but it could be that his misguidedness leads to cowardesness. He is scared(in a way) to use it unless desperate.

16. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think that Jacen has such respect for the Force that he fears misusing it, hence his overall passive nature which only allows him to use the Force when necessary.

17. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Jacen is most definately NOT the man. He may be powerful with the force, but he is not the man.

Jainas_Lover, the only reason that he beat Tsavong Lah was because he used the force to hurl a bunch of crud at him. Also, he was strong enough in the force to see that the strike team was nesasary. He chose not to save himself and instead saved many of the other jedi by sacraficing himself

18. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Jacen is da MAN. That and the fact that he's finally getting some better book-time then being the guy in the background, staring at shadows. He's more believable then say, hmm...... Anakin, who can't make any mistakes after Chewie dies. (except dying himself)

19. Koonie

Koonie Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2002
    OK, if you'll all recall, Jacen has qualms about killing the Voxyn in SbS. Qualms, as in doubts, regrets, unwillingness. About killing Voxyn. VOXYN. Oh, he's the man allright... [face_plain]

20. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Doubts perhaps, but I don't think he was unwilling. His animal-loving side was just playing with his mind.

21. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Palpatinesson

Would you get near Tasvong lah? He beat 2 possibly 3 (Iforget) vong without the force just his fencing skilles. Considering the were gaurding Lah and Vecata and their prisoners they Probably werent punks.

Kicking a Voyxn over the edge of a ledge into a Artifical singularity probably counts more for his physical abilities

22. amarice77

amarice77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    I think Jacen has potential to clean up his act..I mean, he's got talent..lotsa em. He needs to pitch in more in the effort to stop the Yuuzhan Vong. All he's done so far is whine about his philosophies..He kinda proved his worth a bit in STAR BY STAR.That's a good start. Let's just hope that he picks up his damn lightsaber and do some chop suey on the Vongs. No grandson of Anakin Skywalker should throw away his heritage like that. As for being the man...wellll...he's gona have to work hard on that to prove it still. [face_plain]

23. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Considering Luke's vision in Conquest, I'd say it will be Jacen who leads the Jedi through the NJO. Not that I ever doubted Jacen :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.