main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else wants to see the return of the Imperial ( Stormtrooper ) Theme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sturm Antilles, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    You know the one I mean. Not the "Imperial March" ( which didn't show up until ESB ), but that cool little fanfare that the Imps have in ANH.

Since the newer "Imperial March" covers both Darth Vader and the Empire, I prefer to think of this earlier theme as one specifically for stormtroopers, if that makes any sense. After all, it mainly appears in these scenes...

- A light version when the stormies on the Blockade Runner are searching for Leia

- When the Imperial technicians bring the scanning equipment up to the Millennium Falcon.

- ...And when the stormtroopers blast their way into Cell Block AA-23.

It would be great if John Williams could reintroduce this theme in the Prequel Trilogy, perhaps sometime in Episode III, when it shows Palpatine's new stormtrooper armies. I'm a fan for continuity, in any shape or form.

2. anh1

anh1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
  3. siithapprentice

siithapprentice Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Continuity Pleeeeeeze GL!!!!! I miss that sound track too, it tie in the prequels nicely

4. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Huh. I just posted about this elsewhere.

However, as I said there--I don't think it will happen. Williams has adopted Vader's theme as the "Imperial" one, and that's the one I think we're going to hear.

I rather doubt we'll get the Rebel Spaceship Fanfare ever again either (because they are in fact the same thing, just different tempos).

Ims

5. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Download Attack Of The Clones Soundtrack at...

Why? Is the "Stormtrooper Theme" in it?

However, as I said there--I don't think it will happen. Williams has adopted Vader's theme as the "Imperial" one, and that's the one I think we're going to hear.

I rather doubt we'll get the Rebel Spaceship Fanfare ever again either (because they are in fact the same thing, just different tempos).

This would be unfortunate. It's bad enough that ANH doesn't contain "The Imperial March". To not include the "Stormtrooper Theme" in Episode III, so as to better tie Episodes II and IV together, would be a mistake, IMO.

ANH already sticks out like a sore thumb in special effects. Let's hope that future SW film music, as well as effects and designs, are tied together much better.

6. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
    Like what? I don't think ANH has bad special effects. I think it's probably the best movie, in terms of narrative structure and story, actually. It's complete, it's well put-together, and doesn't depend on other movies.

None of the others can make that claim.

7. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes, but when viewed with the other movies, the effects and various other things don't hold up so well.

8. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
    Do you think so? I think Jedi holds up the worst. I notice effects glitches most in that (think Rancor, Jabba's palace, etc.)

Ims

9. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I was going to respond, but I feel my on-topic post would now be off-topic...

10. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I think a sizable amount of ROTJ effects are bad, but the space battles are pristine and complex.

Go ahead dehrian.

11. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
  12. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I think it should be put into Episode III during appearances of Stormtroopers. There's only so many times we can hear a booming rendition of the Imperial March. I think the ANH motif would make a very nice touch, and I will not stand for it if they decide to remove it from ANH in the archival editions.

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I think it should be in EpIII, just like Boba's motif should have been in AOTC when he picks up Jango's helmet.

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I agree, it is a great theme (albiet brief), but it would be nice to hear it in Episode III, and it can also be expanded upon.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, I would also love to hear the Imperial Fanfare from ANH in EpIII. I love that little cue! :)

16. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I would mind this or the rebel theme to be in episode three in the right context, but I somehow doubt Williams will do so....

17. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    What's the Rebel theme?

I think I may have an idea. Tell me if I'm right. It is:
    *heard during the Throne Room celebration at the end of ANH
    and
    *the fanfare that plays right at the end of the ROTJ credits.

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Not quite. ewok.

It's played a TON on the Sail Barge Assault and it's played at the beginning of the credits of every Star Wars movie.

Does that help? :)

19. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh wait is it a three-note sort of motif? The one that plays a lot during the confrontation between the Falcon and the TIEs after leaving the Death Star?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.