main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else would like "Infinities" novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EUReader, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I would prefer a new tales novel. Tales from the New Jedi Order and Clone Wars :). But I think an infinities novel could be OK. I would read it and it would be different kind of like Ruins of Dantooine.

2. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Not really interesting. I'd rather read Fan Fiction which is basicly Infinities anyway. If there were to be official Infinities novels then it would just run into the same problems that fans have with the current main continuity.

3. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    It'd be too tricky. How do the people writing in the contest know what the series has up it's sleeve?

They don't--but the editors of the volume would.

What's to stop someone, after losing the contest, suing Del Rey if elements from their story, say, Wedge dies, later on in a novel?

Legalese in the entry rules. The appropriate sentence in the rules from the Trek contest is "All entries and any copyrights therein become the property of Pocket Books and of Paramount Pictures, the sole and exclusive owner of the Star Trek property and elements thereof." Replace "Pocket Books" with "Del Rey", "Paramount Pictures" with "Lucasfilm Ltd." and "Star Trek" with "Star Wars."

4. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    I don't want to see SW coninuity messed up any more than it already is. What Lucas did in AOTC with the Death Star was bad enough. It almost negates the entire EU. No infinities.

What so far is considered an infinity, or anything out of coninuity?

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    No, no Infinities novels. The novelization of the Infinities comics when they first came out were one thing, but then the Infinities label was slapped onto the Tales comics, retroactively making all Tales stories prior to the label being slapped on become Infinities even though their were some which fit into continuity. Start making Infinities novels and there will be novels currently out there that will end up with the label retroactively slapped onto them even though they fit into continuity as it is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.