main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who erased the archive and ordered the clones?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AaronJedi, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronJedi

AaronJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    In the AOTC commentary GL says that the question of who erased the planet Kamino from the Jedi archives and who placed the order for the clones would be made clear in Episode III. Yet for the life of me I can't remember the question even being brought up. Did I miss something or did GL not answer the question in ROTS like he said he would? It seems that we still just have to assume that Dooku did it before he left the Jedi Order.

Strilo edit: ROTS does not clarify this at all. The only thing you missed was the Sifo-Dyas thread in the Forum Index and all the loads of threads about the Archive deletion.

2. starkiller63

starkiller63 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    I assume it was Palpatine/Sidious. But I could be wrong.

3. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    It must have been Dooku who erased the files - no-one but Jedi masters had access to the holocron archives.

As to the clone army - I still don't know. In LOE it's stated that Sifo Dyas indeed ordered the army and then Dooku killed him, but this is EU stuff and I can't quite believe it. It is more plausible to me that Sifo-Dyas was killed before the army was ordered, as Obi-Wan suspected, and then was impersonated by either Dooku or Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.