main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who exactly knew Chancellor Palpatine was Darth Sidious?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Jan 30, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They were talking on the balcony of the very room that Palpatine gives his "no civility" speech in.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah considering Maul met with Sidious at Palpatine's house it's safe to assume he's wise to the situation.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. DarthMaulFTW

DarthMaulFTW Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2014
    Pre ROTS I think it's safe to say only Maul and Dooku knew. Maybe Mas Amedda knew seeing as he wasn't surprised when Sidious withdrew a red lightsaber against Yoda. Mas just walked away so I suppose it is safe to assume he had already known.

Sudooku and MaulDooku like this.
  4. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Clearly his apprentices all knew. I think both his red guards and his advisers were also in on it.

And probably the Higher ups in the 501st Legion.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I know the novels aren't canon, but of his advisers, I think only Sate Pestage knew. By the time of Outbound Flight, Doriana didn't.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Andy Wylde likes this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Interesting. I've always wondered about Mas Amedda.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002

Funny, I always thought it was another location, even if they had used the 500 Republica set, but the Wookieepedia pages backs this up as well.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Sly Moore, Sate Pestige, Mas Amedda and probably Maul and Dooku all knew about Sidiuos identity but as others have stated others could have known, but these are the ones i think could have known.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maul and Tyranus knew for sure. There's no way anyone that wasn't a Sith knew. And, yeah, that means bootlicking Mas Amedda, who was probably brainwashed along with Sly Moore and the rest of them, anyway. They were probably all dismissed when the Emperor cleaned house of all non-humans. :p

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    They weren't downright dismissed. But their political power was nerfed considerably. According to Wookieepedia they are pretty much just errend boys and maids for Palpatine after the Empire comes to full power as we saw in the OT.

Also to the people who say they are still unsure if Dooku and Maul knew? You must need everything spelled out for you like the ROTJ blue ray "noooo"... Its obvious, Dookus horrified look, Mauls proximity to Palpatine and hanging out at his house.

I'm certain all of his cabinet knew as well. And in the temple bombing episode of TCW Tarkin gives a shady hint that he just may know also.

Battlefront 2's story mode explains that the clones knew for a long time too and were somewhat conflicted on the subject and heartbroken when order 66 FINALLY came down. They also knew that the battle of Mygeeto was nothing more than a rouse to get the power source for the DS1 superlaser.

12. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Didn't Darth Maul tell his brother Savage Opress about his former Master? Or did that happen only when Sidious finally entered the throne-room at the Palace in Sundari to face the brothers there finally?

About Mas Amedda I'm quite uncertain too. He is not really introduced in the SW-movies and books I know.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    After Yoda's blasted with Force Lightning by Sidious, Amedda walks out of the room, and the fight between Yoda and Sidious really takes off. Amedda doesn't seem all that surprised though - which fits with the books, that say he's known for a while.

That doesn't seem to match up well with most of the books and comics from that era.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Battlefront 2 isn't a very good source for explaining events. According to BF2, the 501st was present at every battle shown in ROTS, and was very much aware of Palpatine's plans of a new order during Knightfall.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Just because someone has heard some words doesn't automatically mean they understand the breadth of them. 'Palps as a Sith Lord' wouldn't impact everyone the same way, it's unwise to assume they would.

16. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    When Palpatine asked him to make ready his shuttle to Mandalore he replied "Yes Master", so he surely was informed and a close lower ally in the public just like Sate Pestage was for Plagueis and Sidious previously as a secret assasin.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I knew who he was!

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Mas amada appears in a rebels holonet video and is still working well with the empire.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I think the Knightfall began after order66.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, that's dumb.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Aside from Darth's Maul and Tyranus, no one knew that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was really Darth Sidious. Since only the films, TCW and Rebels are canon, that's all we know for now. After Sidious declared his Empire, Mas Amedda became aware of the Emperor's true identity, as he was present when Yoda called Palpatine by the title Darth Sidious and he witnessed Sidious attack Yoda with Force Lightning. The fact that he had no visible reaction to this may suggest that he knew all along, but it is unlikely.

22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It's amazing what hoodie and different tone of voice can do to fool people. Too bad it doesn't work in real life. :D

23. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Why those in the 501st? Like Rex or someone?

24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like this

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    did Palpatine kill Mas? It seems he was not around in ROTJ.