main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

who' going in costume

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by BountyHunter1, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BountyHunter1

BountyHunter1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    who's going in costume and who are you going to be me boba fett my wife either a jedi or padme

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I'll be there in trooper armor, Imperial guard robes, and an Imperial officer.

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    *raises hand*

I'll be there with two others in costume.

!snap

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll be dressed as a Jedi one day and Princess Leia a la A New Hope: Infinities comic series another day.

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm going shirtless as the Rancor Keeper. :p

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I'll be there dressed in Padme's new white costume for episode ii (see icon), and maybe another if I can get it done in time. Possibly the ANH Princess Leia as well.

7. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I'm going to wear my Padme Battle Dress from Ep 1, one of her outfits from Ep 2 (can't decide which) and one of Leia's, maybe Bespin. Or maybe I'll go really crazy and do Iella from Starfighters of Adumar.

Regards,
    M.

8. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Not sure yet. I am working on one. I will see how well it turns out before I make that choice.

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Hey, can anyone tell me, where to buy these custumes?

You guys make your own?

10. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Home-made...not well (or perhaps wisely ;~) ), but done with the greatest of intents.

I'm not certain I will wear all or any of them, but as of now, I'm planning to bring my HM battle dress, flame dress, the new white (Padme's) battle outfit, and a Jedi costume.

We'll see if I have the packing space and the nerve to wear any of them out there. :~)

11. BountyHunter1

BountyHunter1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    the nerve is my problem i am doing (my opinion ) a great job on the costume but to have the guts to wear it in public this being my first convention of any kind but i am gonna do it i have spent to much time on this costume to just were it at halloween

12. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    GentleBant, I'm working on the white Padme too :D Maybe we can help eachother! I'm hoping to buy a lot of it instead of doing it all by hand. :D How 'bout you?

I found some great pix of Padme's stuff here!
    http://www.padmeskywalker.cjb.net

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Jedi Master star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    My mom made a Jedi Robe for me a year ago so I could wear it at band competitions (our show was Star Wars.) I was thinking of wearing that, and making a Jar Jar Binks costume. Bingo! I'm JarJarJedi! :D :D

Maybe I could just do what I did for Halloween... Wearing all black and my Jedi Robe. :)

My dunno.

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, dear...a Jedi JarJar....;~)

Lelila--I'm buying most of the "parts" and modifying them to more closely match what I've seen of Ami's costume. There's an entire thread around here somewhere about the costume, as well. :~)

15. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I'm working on Marvel comics styled Jedi outfit, a light gray gabordin jumpsuit, black tunic, and a dark gray cloak. But I've got to find the parts for a pair of lightsabers, samari style, one long/green and one short/red. Like what Luke was useing at the end of the Marvel series.

I wanted to do something that will standout. Think anybody will get it?

16. jedi_lady1

jedi_lady1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    I will be there with the 5 costumes i am working on at the moment if i get them finished, they include Daala and a dark jedi :)
    My father is going as Vader and I have a few friends from Richmond, Va that will be in costume if they can make it.

17. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I'm going to buy a handmaiden battle outfit to wear. I visited [link=http://www.katarra.com/]Katarra Kreations[/link] and they make the nicest Star Wars costumes. :)

18. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I'm working on a Slave Girl costume and may do a female sith costume, depending on time and $.

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    LadyAnakinSkywalker--if you have a chance, would you PM me with approximately how much they charge for costumes?

20. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Gentle Bant, their costumes are relitively expensive but if you want quality then be my guest. But its rather pricey...I inquired about the Amidala white celebration gown and it was $1,700. I also asked about Padme-Tatooine outfit and that was $200. Considerably cheaper but still too much for me.

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    If I can go, my dad is making me a lightsaber replica, and my mom is sewing me a robe and all the Jedi goodies... :D If I can't go, I'll just come in costume for Ep. II!

In the words of my friend, "You'll get funny looks!!"

I said, "Who cares? It's Star Wars!" :D :)

22. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    My friend is taking his stormtrooper armor along & I'm trying to get a Jedi costume together. I also need to another lightsaber. My first one doesn't do it for me anymore.

23. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I decided not to pay the large wad of cash for the handmaiden outfit and I'll probably make my own exciting costume. :) As always, PM me with costume ideas/tips.

24. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'm definitley getting a Jedi costume now. All it will cost me is whatever the fabric costs. Well, that's not entirely true- I still have to find boots & a belt. The belt, I'll probably get that from Parks Sabers. They have really cool one. The boots I'm not so sure on. I'd love to be able to find a pair of the Darth Maul style boots, but I doubt if there are any to be had. I'm working on my lightsaber now & it should be done in a few days.

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah, we are all planning to go in costume. My dad will be in his Imperial Officer uniform, my best friend should be as Darth Maul, my wife as Leia Slave and I will probably show up as Han Solo in ESB outfit. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.