main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who grabbed Vader's helmet out of the funeral pyre?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Faraway Galaxy's family traditions could be weird. These folks are aliens after all :D

2. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Yes, the items are important. How they got 'em? Not so much. Let's just leave it to the new EU, comic books or whatever.

3. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015

I agree about the importance of these items, but when does the Millennium Falcon call to Han?

4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Senator Binks took it and gave it to Ren continuing his grand plan as a Sith Lord.

Jedi_Liz likes this.
  5. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Ah- you don't care if the explanation is in the saga or not. I don't care if it's explained in Episodes 8 or 9 either, but I'm personally dying to know it wasn't Kylo scouring the forests of Endor.

6. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    When it was reported as stolen. I can't remember the exact dialog, but Han mentions the whole galaxy knows and the First Order won't be far behind. I'm reaching a bit, but I believe it was the will of the force that Han found it first.

7. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015

okay, I see what you mean now. I mean it's star wars so it is pretty reasonable to assume the force had something to do with finding it first. I just wasn't thinking along those lines because Han's comment (which i don't remember the exact wording of) where he was like "you think it's a coincidence we found you?" and his comment about the Millennium Falcon not being 'clean' led me to believe the were just tracking it's hyperdrive signature or 'space license plate' or whatever (I'll be honest, I was thinking 'warp signatures' from Star Trek). He implied that if they could find it, anyone could. It's all my own personal speculation but I just got the idea that it can easily be tracked when "on" and the reason its been missing and unable to be tracked for so long was because it was sitting in a junk pile on Jakku, "off", for many years. I could be way off base though.

8. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    The ewoks were using the helmet as a toilet until an obsessed Kylo Ren found it.

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Vader's helmet was likely procured by Ren.

JediRocks74, you mean bed pan. :p

10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Holmes you've cracked the case! =D= Totally explains why he's talking to it in the movie.

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Well...[face_dunno]

I mean…why not? :p

12. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Or ... perhaps Luke took the Kenobi angle and didn't tell Ben Solo about Vader, and it was Snoke who did so, leading to Ben's mistrust of his family and trust of Snoke?????

13. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

I mean care to elaborate? How did he procure it? Did he steal it when he betrayed the last Jedi? Or was it like the "Curse of Oak Island" meets Endor moon? Was the helmet at the end of a rainbow with Salacious Crumb dancing around it?

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I think all of those ideas will be a part of an upcoming anthology film: Salacious Crumb and the Thieves of Endor.

Wouldn't you just like to see Crumb piloting his own mini spaceship?

But really, Ren collects artifacts, the helmet being one, based on Vader. He goes to Endor and grabs it off the old pyre years later.

Stoneymonster likes this.
  15. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

A) Totally. :D

B) Kylo collects artifacts? Source? The helmet was merely an homage. He obviously wants anything connected to his grandfather, but that doesn't make him Indiana Jones.

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    He collects artifacts connected to Vader. He has his helmet. He has his ashes in a bowl in his room. He also says that Anakin's original lightsaber "belongs to me."

He covets all of Vader's stuff.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Maybe we'll get an Anthology movie showing Luke's Academy and a young Ben turning into Kylo... (and collecting Vader artifacts could be part of that journey)

ShaneP likes this.
  18. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    BTW, who inherited Padme's apartment on Coruscant stuffed with Anakin's underwear, his favorite teddy Ewok, toothbrush, credit cards, etc???

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    According to the Art of TFA, Vader's helmet was once the Macguffin of the movie - sometime back in 2013 or earlier.

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yep. Then they made Luke the macguffin. He's what everyone's looking for.

21. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Why the **** does everybody have such a hard-on for artifacts??? Go watch the History channel. JFC. Star Wars is a space opera.

Mulgir likes this.
  22. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Maybe Luke took it with him. It was all that he had of his father. He took the mask to remind him of Anakin's sacrifice and as a warning to beware the darkside. Luke kept the mask locked up at the Jedi academy. There were whispers among the padawans about what Master Skywalker kept locked up in the temple. Unfortunately the lure of the unknown was too much for one young student.

D'an and Sarge like this.
  23. Mulgir

Mulgir Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    But out of all of the huts we see in the movies, and the planet of Endor is rather giant. How do you think he would have been able to find the exact place?

24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree! We should tell the author of this thread why he started it!

:D

The artifacts aren't that important. They're just macguffins. In fact, they're not even macguffins in the finished film. Luke is the macguffin.

25. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Oh come on! It's the Chekhov's gun of this trilogy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.