main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who had a ball at Dragon con?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Headhunter0183, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    I DID!!!

I just got back from Dragon Con!

All I can say is...Holy crap, that was freakin awsome!!!

I was there with BlueStarWizard and Malz4Jesus. All of us representin the Augustan Raiders,Augusta GA, FF.

All of the costumes were fabulous!
    I would like to mention a couple of my personal favorites.

The Clone Emperor as Prince Zizor. Dude you rock! That guy is all about detail.
    I like your idea Thomas, next year do "Happy" Zizor.

All of the jedi were great, but Barbie Jedi was all that and a bag of chips! You go girlfriend! The leopard skin on the lightsaber was the tops. Oh yeah, she won the trivia contest too! The force is like totaly strong with this one.
    By the way. Barbie, you are my daughter's new hero.

The famiy of Tuskens was cool too. Daddy, mommy, and yes even baby tuskens. They were realy nice for mindless savages. I am glad Anakin missed these three.

And of course all of the storm troopers, Boba Fetts, and Jangos. The 501st are the nicest bunch of imperial, jack booted lackeys I ever met.

I dont think anybody had more fun than I did. On Friday I won an X box (with KOTOR) in the MOTF room. Those guys were great. I thought it could not get any better than that...then it did!
    On Saturday we went to the "Meet Darth Maul" thing. Ray Park is like the nicest guy ever. And shorter than I thought. He took some questions and answered them nicely. Then he asked if anybody in the audience had a saber with a blade. I just hapened to have mine on me.
    SO HE CALLED ME AND 2 OTHER PEOPLE UP ON STAGE WITH HIM!!!
    He showed us some moves and did a little fight scene with us.
    It was off the freakin hook! I had to work hard not to giggle like a little girl.

So, to cap it all off. Dragon Con was great and I am definately goin again next year.

Now I got to go fight my kids for the x box.

2. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    So that was you who won the XBOX?

I HAD A BLAST down there at Dragon Con. Will definately be going back again next year.
    I met a lot of great people and took lots & lots of photos.

Again I had a blast & am looking forward to next year

CJ

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
  4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Great pictures, Dylan! :)

I hope to have some pictures up soon. I'm still recovering. ;)

Some of my memorable moments were:

Meeting FF folks at the table and at the FF dinner...at which we had close to 80 attendees.

Meeting toymaster for the first time and hanging out with Dylan for the third year in a row.

The Mr. Star Wars contest. FYI: Dylan won, in case you haven't noticed his sig. ;)

All the great costumes. I ran into a great Boromir, Capt. Jack Sparrow, an Elven warrior, Eowyn, and many, many others.

Meeting Ray Park and giving him one of Dylan's origami X-Wings. He was a really nice guy.

Having to walk up 14 flights of stairs at the Hyatt at midnight because we could not catch an elevator.

There are more, but I'll have to get more brain function back before I can remember them. :p

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I had a fun time as well at DragonCon this year.

The FanForce dinner was great. It was cool to see familiar faces and several new ones as well.

Mr. Star Wars was excellent. Congrats to Dylan! I took lot's of photos for the event. I'll get them over to Mandy to put out there on the Hothlanta Rebels website. We have got to get a recording put out of the official Mr. Star Wars theme song. It was just too funny.

The LotR costumers from the NorthEast FanForce chapters were outstanding. My wife, who did a ringwraith costume Friday night, wants to know how to get in touch with the other ringwraiths. Anyone know how?

The only learning for next year...I have got to find away to get more sleep over the weekend. Just too much fun to be had 24 hours a day! :)

6. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hey Jace,
    The NE LOTR group was a combo of NY and KofP FanForce plus the 501's ECG. Who specifically would you like to reach? I can help you out with that. I was Eowyn in the cream wool gown. :)
    Jenni

7. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Hi Calixte! I thought that was you in there. I saw Natasha as a hobbit as well with the group. I remember meeting you both from last year, but never got to say hello.

My wife was really looking for anyone to talk to about the Nazgul armor. She made her own, but it is starting to come apart after wearing it at 3 cons. She want's to make something little less dangerous (I got poked enough by the sharp tips) and more durable. I think I spoke with Darth Zippy briefly about his costume, but I didn't get a chance to get more details on it. If you have any contacts, that would be great!

8. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Yeah that was me as Eowyn and Natasha as Pippin. Our friend Heather was Frodo. Dion was Aragorn with his g/f Tanya as Arwen. Our wraiths were Zippy and Sean (from NC), Cheralyn on the horse, and I don't know our fourth wraith. Sauron was Toby from the Midwest Garrison along w/ Jose who was Elrond in Elven armor. Julia was our Haldir and her husband was Boromir. We 'borrowed' Galadriel and Legolas. Zippy and/or Sean would be good ones to talk to about the Nazgul armor. Zippy made his armored boots out of vinyl floor tile. Sean had the metal gauntlets but I'm not sure where he got them. If you PM me I can get you in touch with both of them. I'm still waiting to see some of the pics taken of us that Sunday night...I guess the links should start popping up pretty soon. :)

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Jenni, I have to say that you have some great costumes. Every time I turned around, you had changed into another character. :)

Heck, everyone had awesome costumes. :D

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hey Mandy! Thanks. Yeah I brought 9 costumes with me and only wore 5 of them. Never know what mood will strike when at a con. :) I am sooo addicted to costuming I'm already planning for next year. ;) Hopefully you'll be constructing a costume too?

Jenni

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    You can never have too many costumes. :cool:

They can, howerver, almost hurt your back when you decide to bring too many to the same convention when flying. *ouch* :(

I think I'll limit myself a bit more next year. ;)

~H~

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You must pick and choose your costumes next year, Heather. ;)

Jenni, I can't even hem a pair of pants, girl. :p

I am planning on hiring a seamstress to make a few costumes over the course of the year, so perhaps I'll have more than one costume at D*C 2004. :)

13. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Dragon*Con's always a blast!

The only bad part is having to wait a year in between [face_plain]

It was great seeing everyone again, though next year I'd like to hang out more and do less running back and forth between events.

Mandy, howzabout a Can-Can dress? Sharon needs one too! We had such a blast doing Moulin Rouge on Friday night that it's on the agenda for 2004 :D Thanks for hosting the FF dinner and table, and for letting me know where Traci/Padme was :)

Natasha and Jenni, great seeing y'all again, loved your Hanna and Luka, wish I'd seen more of your LOTR costumes.

Dylan, glad I found y'all in the food court...while on my way for hair spray :p Congrats on being awarded Mr. Star Wars!

Heather, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder ;) Had great fun doing MR with y'all and the good witches were superb. And you gotta convince the lovely CrimsonVision that dancing with a lightsaber ain't that bad [face_laugh]

Hope to see some of y'all in DFW for our upcoming conventions, though none can yet rival Dragon*Con! If not, see ya next year!

14. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Dragon*Con was awesome! It was my first year and it was :cool:

-Forgetting my costume :_|

-climbing lots of stairs/waiting 30 minutes for an elevator that's already passed by you 5 times

-Beetle Juice

-$2 20 oz. drinks...

-Mr Star Wars [face_laugh]

-FanForce Dinner

-Origami X-Wings

-Ray Park and Peter Mayhew! :cool:

-The really hard trivia questions

-Headhunter going up onstage with Ray Park! :cool:

-Too much more stuff to name!

:D

I had a great time and I hope I see all of y'all next year! :D

God bless!

-Malz

15. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    This was like my 10th Dragon and I have never had a bad time at one of them. I have to say I'll be representing a number of categories when it comes to comes for 2004 because I am the XO on a Klingon BOP, a Clawdite assasin in Star Wars and several other characters from other parts of the Sci-Fi worlds. I love the parties, the panels and the parades and plan to continue doing them until I cannot draw another breath. It's the big show for this side of the country and the key to a great Dragon experience is good planning and a private room.

16. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Hi,

Dragon*Con 2004 is gearing up! Programming ideas, workshops, etc. are being excepted.

We'd like to invite Mr. StarWars contest back this year.

Also, if you need a ticket, I can get for you for $45 until Feb. 10th.

Cathy Bowden, Director
    Star Wars Programming, Dragon*Con
    www.dm.net/~sf-motf

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Already registered.

No hotel room yet, going to see who I can get to split costs with me first.

18. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Last membership round for 2004... Tickets are $55. Also, a note, if you use Paypal and plan on using a credit card, please add $1.60 for each ticket. I can't personally handle the difference paypal charges me for using a Visa/MC/AX, etc.

I do take checks, money orders, check cards.

Right now, I need 5 more folks. Deadline is May 12th.

Rates & form can be found at http://www.dm.net/~sf-motf/2004grouprates.htm.

Thanks,

Cathy Bowden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.