main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who had it worse: Luke Skywalker or Jaina Solo?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by lukelover1222, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial-Guardsman

Imperial-Guardsman Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2010
    Luke come from nothing on a backwater planet. Jaina come from more money and had more opportunitys then Luke ever had and she shows it by being a spoiled brat who cares little for others by using her powers recklessly and in my view of her she seems to think the galaxy owes her something for her having a special powers that no one else has; which is hardly how Jedi are supposed to be. She is more about running around in her 30s like a 13 year old with all her little boyfriends and dramas and to me this seems odd maybe she has that condition were the brains stops growing after 15 what is that called?

2. leia7

leia7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2007

I'd say that Leia's had it just as hard as Han, far more than either Jaina or Luke. She was tortured by Vader, and after the empire fell, she brought multiple words into the alliance, only to see her work destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong, one son dead, the other son captured, and finally have her son turn into a sith lord to be killed by her daughter. So Leia's life has spanned both Luke and Jaina's.

3. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Regarding the original topic, let's also not forget Luke's had his hand cut off at LEAST three times (ROTJ, Dark Empire, and LOTF), had those Olabrian trichoid things trying to feast on his innards (TAB), was almost tortured to death by the Emperor's Force lightning and was basically still jacked up for the duration of The Truce at Bakura, was made temporarily emo by Cronal in LSatSoM after a failed attempt to bodyjack him, French-kissed his own SISTER, been orphaned not once, not twice, but a grand total of FOUR TIMES (losing his father and mother, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, Obi-Wan, and then finally redeeming his father only to have him die minutes later), been led around on a wild goose chase by some crackpot claiming to have known his mother, was nearly killed by an ancient Sith Lord's ghost, found out his ex-girlfriend had been eaten by an ancient Eldritch abomination and the result had been impersonating his dead wife, had ANOTHER ex (this time the crazy kind) try to convince him his wife killed his mom, gets to spend his afterlife endlessly attempting to talk some sense into his chronic-druggy-half-Sith-of-a-descendant... and let's not forget the big granddaddy of 'em all:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwExDG7n7Zg

:p

4. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Dew, you mentioned some good ones, but you left out some of the biggest, I think. Luke lost his wife and he had to restore the Jedi Order all on his own with no mentors or colleagues to help him and with his own training so limited when he first started. He was also bitten by the amphistaff and nearly killed; nearly died of the deathseed; and the Ssi-ruvi tried to entech him. Not only did he lose his two nephews, but he saw one of those nephews torturing his own son. When you think of all the Sith and darksiders Luke has had to face in his lifetime, (including the most recent, Abeloth), as well as all the other non-Force sensitive villains, it's mind-boggling.

Luke's also been shot, maimed, blasted with Force lightning, suffered tons of lightsaber strikes, burned, drugged, poisoned, infected, cut, whipped, tortured, starved, etc., etc. We can go on and on with the trials and tribulations of Luke Skywalker... I don't think Jaina or anyone else comes anywhere close.

5. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Well who's had it the best?

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Hahahahaha. I was gonna say C3PO but he is a bit of a shiner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.