Who Has AOTC?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Boba_Fett_123, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you get AOTC today? Have you watched it yet? DVD or VHS? Fullscreen or Widescreen? Are you satisfied? Dissatisfied?
  2. Gorden_Niccolo Jedi Padawan

So there I was, standing in line at Blockbuster with my brand spanking new copy of the AOTC DVD. It was all I could do to keep the drool from dribbling down from my lips and onto my shirt; somehow, though, I managed to avoid that embarrasment.

"Next!"

My turn at the register. I approached shakily. After all, I was bearing in my hands one of the greatest gifts God had ever given man. I handed over my 27 bucks (obscene? You betcha), and then quickly ran out the door in glee. It was all I could do to avoid hitting pedestrians on my way home; I'm sure I ran over three or four. But hey, their sacrifice was worth it.

So I get home. I throw in the DVD. Widescreen version, naturally. The urge to drool, which I had contained till that moment, overcame me and I could only stare at the screen in wonder as the spittle dripped down onto my shirt.

Roughly 3 and a half hours later, my eyes still glued to the TV, my shirt dripping wet, and my body shaking with joy, I got up from the couch and marveled in the brilliance of AOTC on DVD. The movie itself, the extra features, the crispness of the scenes, the fantastic sound (or was that my speaker system?).

And then, without hesitation, I put it in again, to see it one more time... :D ;)
  3. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    hum...

DVD, widescreen-the only way to go, talked family into watching it last night-was totally estactic I couldn't sleep and woke up this morning watched more of the specials and about to go downstairs and watch it again.

me...very very very happy with my dvd.
  5. Nichos_Marr Jedi Master

star 4
    Almost got the Full Screen without even realizing it. Then I saw that it said Full Screen on the cover and almost doubled over in pain. I ended up getting the widescreen and I'm very satisfied. The deleted scenes were pretty good, but I was expecting longer sequences. I'm going to view (and listen to) all of the documentaries and commentaries throughout this week.
  6. WarmasterDan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have the wide-screen DVD. I feel so happy!!!
  7. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Widescreen DVD for 9.99 at Toys 'R Us!
    It's great. Seen my DVD twice already
  8. Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I handed over my 27 bucks (obscene? You betcha)

Try living in England. £19.99

Land of the ultimate ripoff.

(still got it though!)
  9. Armand_Stormchaser Jedi Knight

star 1
    27 bucks? Jesus, Blockbuster is evil, purely evil!

I got a Widescreen copy at Best Buy for 15 dollars, man. 27 bucks is absolutely insane...

And on another note, Duke, those drawings are damn good man. Keep it up.
  10. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I went to Toys R Us yesterday but they had alreayd sold out. Im going to try again this weekend and if not Ill head over to Best Buy. I hear they've got them for $15.99 over there. Not bad if I cant get it for $9.99 at TRU.
  11. Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    cheers Armand!

But why, oh why, do things cost so much in my silly country...?
  12. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    What is 19 pounds in US dollars?
  13. Infiltrator Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i'll get it tomorrow or sunday

but i'll get it soon
  14. Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Master

star 4
    I got it for $19.99 the first day it came out. I was so excited that I grabbed full screen instead of widescreen but I don't care. It's AOTC!

I'm kinda confused about how much pounds is in dollars.
  15. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my AOTC dvd last night for $14.95 at Wal-Mart
  16. JELLO-9000 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got the Anamorphic version from Best Buy at $14.95 with the nifty calendar.

DLP quality on DVD, 5.1 sound... and the Imperial March in all it's glory. Wonderful. :D
  17. Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    What is 19 pounds in US dollars?

I'm not sure what the current exchange rate is, but i think it's probably just over a dollar and a half to the pound... so about $30+ then. see what i mean?
  18. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good lord, Duke! Why did you let yourself get screwed over so badly?? :confused:
  19. Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    coz i was born here i suppose!

That's actually not bad - I was in new york earlier this year and i got a pair of jeans for $35. I think they might have been slightly reduced, but still, here they would have cost me £55!!!!

We pay more for everything over here - part and parcel of being english!
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.