main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who Has Directly Killed the Most Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MidKnighT, Feb 16, 2016.

?

Who Has Directly Killed the Most Jedi?

1. Battle Droids

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Clone Troopers

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Darth Sidious

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Darth Vader

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  5. General Grievous

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Grand Inquisitor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kylo Ren

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Who Has Directly Killed the Most Jedi?

[​IMG]
    Battle Droids
    Confirmed Kills: Many jedi during the Battle of Geonosis and the Clone Wars

[​IMG]
    Clone Troopers
    Confirmed Kills: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Stass Allie, Aayla Secura

[​IMG]
    Darth Sidious
    Confirmed Kills: Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker

[​IMG]
    Darth Vader
    Confirmed Kills: Cin Drallig, Obi-Wan Kenobi, younglings, dozens of other jedi?

[​IMG]
    General Grievous
    Confirmed Kills: Shaak Ti, Nahdar Vebb, other jedi

[​IMG]
    Grand Inquisitor
    Confirmed Kills: Several jedi

[​IMG]
    Kylo Ren
    Confirmed Kills: Luke's padawans

Other?

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    It's gotta be either the clones or the droids. No matter how badass some of these Jedi killers are, we're comparing the kill counts of individuals to that of armies. At least that's my take on it.

IIRC the Attack of the Clones novel says that 200 Jedi came to the Geonosis arena, and by the end only about 20 remained. But who knows if that's canon anymore, and we know one of those kills was done by Jango Fett.

New canon sources say that during the Clone Wars there was an estimated 10,000 Jedi, and by the end they were all but extinct. Excluding bounty hunters and the like, most of these Jedi would have been killed by either droids, Grievous, clones, or Vader. Even if we wana be generous and say Vader and Grievous each personally killed around 2,000 Jedi, that leaves 6,000 to be split among the clones and droids.

Rhyoth and SlashMan like this.
  3. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    I'd also add Kanan's master, Depa Bilaba, to the Jedi killed by clones.

And we can't really say that Shaak Ti was killed by Grievous, that was a deleted scene.

Rhyoth and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  4. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    Overall I guess I'd say clone troopers since they executed order 66 and wiped out many jedi across the galaxy in a matter of days. Individually though I would think Darth Vader killed the most jedi. He wiped out the jedi temple and probably did most of the dirty work in the early days of the Empire before the inquisitors could be recruited and trained.

JediBatman and Corac like this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    A safe bet would be Vader, but we really don't know.
    The new canon is not specific like the old EU was; Rebels hasn't focused on it either.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I'd say Clonetroopers through Order 66, or the Yuuzhan Vong under Other.

7. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    I'd say the clone troopers. The Clone Wars greatly weakened the Republic overall (and that includes the Order), but while many Jedi did die throughout the war, that wasn't really the point. The Jedi were being used just like everyone else, and Order 66 was the means of disposing of them when the time came.

As far as individuals go, I concur with Bee Bee. Vader killed a great many Jedi in ROTS and was very likely used to complete the Jedi Purge afterward. It was explicitly part of the Grand Inquisitor's job to hunt down Jedi, but since there weren't many left by that point he can't have gotten a very high kill count.

JediBatman likes this.
  8. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I would say Clone Troopers. They were approximately 10,000 Jedi at the time of the purge. Thousands of clone troopers shot on their unsuspecting Jedi commanders, and the 501st Legion helped Darth Vader kill the Jedi at the the temple.

As for which individual killed the most Jedi, I would go with Vader. I would think he would have had to kill at least dozens of Jedi in the temple, as he did not appear to have as many clone troopers at his disposal as he could have.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    By logic, it seems Clones. They were responsible for wiping out the majority of an order. Vader could only supplement them, and later help clean up the pockets of various survivors. The droids made the majority of their kills during the Battle of Geonosis, where it's easy to estimate losses being in the hundreds. However, the following battles of the Clone Wars were not fought in the same manner with Jedi storming the front lines, so losses would expectedly be exponentially less from then on.

No singular source could compare to that, as prolific as they were. Grievous seemingly hunted Jedi as a sport; his kills are probably only a dozen or so. It's very possible that Sidious didn't go beyond those four Jedi he killed in his office. It's illogical that he did so before, and makes more sense that he had someone else (namely Vader) do his dirty work afterwards. Vader is probably the only person who could compete with the work of armies when it comes to Jedi killed. Remember that Obi-Wan stressed that it was Vader who hunted down the survivors.

Though this is an interesting topic. If we were to go the indirect route, Darth Sidious was responsible for every onscreen Jedi death of the prequels (correct me if I'm wrong here).

JediBatman likes this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The clones during order 66, I'd say.

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Probably Vader or the Clones....I assumed Vader. And the scene where Grievous kills Shaak Ti is not canon

12. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Kylo Ren. If we assume he directly killed all of Luke's apprentices, that is Luke's entire order. In the EU, it was quite large, and I'm sure desiny will do some padding. I mean a large amount of Jedi must have died to wreck Luke so hard.
    Most of Vader's "Kills" during the Jedi purge was carried out by Inquisitors. Counting all clone troppers or battle doird is unfair.

13. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Probably the clones during order 66, but I'm not sure that really counts. If from Rebels we go by 'ten thousand being reduced to few' it can safely be said that the clone troopers collectively killed high four figures.

14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
  15. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Broken link for me.

16. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Got to be the clones hasn't it?

Order 66 and subsequent hunting of the remaining Jedi.

I'd be interested to know which Force Users have the most confirmed kills (possibly 1 including Droids, 1 not including Droids)

Corac likes this.
  17. JCassidy

JCassidy Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    Maybe the clone troopers? I know General Grievous has presumably killed quite a lot (he's shown killing a few in the 2D clone wars). As for Kylo Ren we don't know how many students Luke had yet or how many of them Ben actually killed himself.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    In terms of individuals: Darth Vader. Otherwise, I'd say the clone troopers.

19. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    The "death" of Kit Fisto is still up for debate. One of my friends who's a fan of him argues that Sidious's cut wasn't that serious and that he was able to get away from the duel.

But anyway, I think that Vader has the most total kills. He's killed so many Jedi during the great Jedi Purge, including younglings. That scene always makes me emotional "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" *ignites lightsaber* :(.

If not Vader, I would have to say the Clones

20. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    All are terrific choices. Where it counts is on an individual level. Vader gets the trophy here.

21. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Yes in the Old EU his New Jedi Order was quite large, but in the Old EU fighting continued for about 15 years after Endor and the Empire had several Super Star Destroyers. In the New Canon it only continued 1 year after Endor and the Empire apparently only had 1 SSD left.

We can't really assume anything about Luke's order until the new movies and other material fill in the blanks. And for all we know Kylo had help from the First Order/Knights of Ren. Even Vader had help from the 501st.

22. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    I got the impression that Luke was training a fairly small group. Was that not implied somewhere?

Sent from my SG-S4 communications droid

23. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Clone Troopers have a kill sheet almost 10,000 long. I think it's safe to say they're the winners.

24. RX-77

RX-77 Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2016
    Clone troopers overall.

Individually would expect Vader.

25. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Clone troopers aren't exactly a single individual though. :confused: