main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Who has Remnant ??? Possible spoilers

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Well this message will contain no spoilers. I just wondered who had and if you'd read any of it. Its getting interesting - the characters are a lot better, both writers seem to have listened to fans a little. But from what I've read (45 pages) it will leave us with more questions. I have to remember its the first of a trilogy!!! But I'm hooked so far!!!

...I bought the new Jedi Quest too (I know those are for 13 year olds - but they're good...) [face_blush] :)

2. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    NO SPOILERS! NO SPOILERS! Just kidding. I haven't had a chance to get it yet.

Rhonda nothing wrong with kids books. I have some myself.

3. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Getting it today!! Didn't work yesterday. I'm interrupting a good series to read it though (Dark Elf Trilogy). :p

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci is tearing through it now. She got it first because she picked it up while I was in a Darvocet coma. The cheater!!

5. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Got to read about 50 pages at work today.

SPOILER!!!!

I was hoping that Tahiri's "trouble" was that she was carrying her and Anakin's love child!!!! :p

Sorry, I thought it would be pretty funny.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Spoiler:

I was hoping that Tahiri's "trouble" was that she was carrying her and Anakin's love child!!!!

God, Chris I hope not!!!! I was afraid of that too at first...

7. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Some thoughts about Remnant.... (yeah, I finished it!).....

****SPOILERS****

Why were Mara and Luke shown fighting on the cover when they don't in the book??

Pellaeon has turned into a bada$$!!!!

Having Saba have her moment in the spotlight was very refreshing. This one enjoyed it.:)

Where are the freaking wookies????
    Good Lord Almighty!!!! Their biggest hero is dead because of the Vong, their planet is in the middle of the Vong empire.....where are they??? Lowbacca had cameos in a few books, but where are the others???

Jacen and Danni...yeah I saw that coming.

Would Jag and Jaina just get togther?!? Good grief!!!

Poor Tahiri!!!! :(

8. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I was gonna grab Remnant today but I decided to start at the beginning with the New Jedi Order stuff and I bought the second book. I already had the first one. I'm not too much into the EU but they look pretty interesting.

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    It took me a long time to get into to it, and I'm still not sure I like most NJO. But it seems better than the Post RTOJ stuff, or at least most of it. I really like the novelizations best. To me, the prequel EU seems to fit in with Canon better, I guess because GL has a much tighter rein on it.

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Just finished it!!

Rhonda It seemed like a slow read to me, too. And I can't say that I'm thrilled that these guys are writing the next 2 books - let's hope they're just warming up.

Dale I had my doubts about the NJO at first, but now I'm addicted. And they do a pretty good job of filling in the blanks for people who haven't read a lot of EU.

My thoughts about Remnant:

**Spoiler alert**

Chris Re:
    Why were Mara and Luke shown fighting on the cover when they don't in the book??
    My thoughts exactly!! Not only is the cover art irrelevant...it's just plain ugly, lol.

I never even thought about the love child thing, lol. But I will say this: that girl needs some PROZAC.

Re: Jaina & Jag - Again, my thoughts exactly. In Rebel Stand I got the distinct impression that they were at LEAST romantically, if not intimately, involved. Now they're just friends?!? Did I miss a book or something?

Pellaeon ROCKS!!
    "The Yuuzhan Vong will rue the day they dragged me into this."
    I've always liked him, but.....d*mn! The shouting match with Vorrik was epic! 'bout time someone told a Vong commander to shut up. And did y'all catch the, "but the Empire will always strike back," line? LOL!

So it looks like they're finally bringing the Ssi-ruuk into the picture. Or at least I hope they are. That could be very interesting indeed. [face_mischief]

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    My thoughts exactly!! Not only is the cover art irrelevant...it's just plain ugly, lol.

Yes it was! I thought, my goodness, what happened to them? They looked like they haven't eaten in years...........

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yeah, since when does Luke even carry a blaster? And I really can't imagine Mara going into combat in a DRESS.

Where are the wookies? Where is Rogue Squadron? Where the heck is Corran Horn? Is Luke gonna see his son before the kid starts college?.......

But seriously, why did Tahiri say that Anakin was trying to kill her? Do you think that she might me turning into some kind of Vong hybrid?

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Traci's DUH! moment of the day: I was lurking in a Remnant thread in the Lit forum and didn't realize until then that there are no Chapters in this book.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, just 3 parts!!! Weird!!

The whole Tahiri dream was lost on me... I think her former "self" is coming back becaused of something.........don't ask me why all of a sudden its coming back. That was my least favorite part of the book.

That was Luke on the front cover???? I didn't know who they were (I had a feeling the redheard was Mara), but both had blasters........ I wish they would get Jaina straight. I actually like her in this book, but I'm beginning to think she's a schitzo, because they write her so different in every book. Glad the 'tude is gone though.

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yeah, I like Jaina now that she's stopped treating her mother like dirt. And I like Jacen now that he's grown up. And, heaven help me, I even like Kyp now....must be a sign of the apocalypse.

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    And, heaven help me, I even like Kyp now....must be a sign of the apocalypse.

[face_laugh] I know what you mean Trace! I didn't know what they were trying to do with ol' Jacen there for awhile, and they had Kyp just being an ass!!! I was glad to see more Jag in this one and I LOVED ADMIRAL PALLEON. The Vong just don't know who they were messing with when they crossed the Empire. I loved his line about "and you can bet the Empire will always strike back." touche....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.