main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Who has the banner?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by engineer, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engineer

engineer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    I am trying to get stuff together for our table at Galacticon, and have a few questions.

Who has the banner, and can you bring it to the meeting?

Does anyone have any props, videos, or other items that may be representative of who we are?
    (I am going to stop by a Veterinarian to see if I can get a couple of sick puppies, so that will be covered :))

Do we have any brochures/flyers/businesscards/chachkas to give out?

Do we have any volunteers to help with the table?

2. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I would like to volunteer but first I'd like you guys to see the Jedi outfit I had made to see if it's ok and what else i can do to it. I'm having other costumes made for CV but they are not ready yet. Or can I just come as my self (ha ha). I'm obviously new to the group and don't know that much now, but would still like to start helping. That said, how does volunteering work? Are you there the whole time or in shifts? Let me know the ends and outs at the meeting Sat. I'll see you all there. O'h do I need to bring anything? Later....

3. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    I have the banner.

see you Saturday.

4. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    HRR FanForce is not a costuming group. We have no costuming criteria. We're just a general SW Fan Club.

Read FanForce Rules and Guidelines here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_communications/b10021/27174273/p1/?0

Here's a section from our Charter:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=333421476

Basically wear anything you want. Anything that makes you happy and within your means.:)

If you need more costuming resources, please go to the Jedi Assembly and/or Rebel Legion for costuming assistance.

5. Velcro

Velcro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    first of sith all you have to do is ask heheheh Thumpy behave lol

6. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Understood lol.

JediMom, just wanted to answer your underlying question as to what FanForce is/isn't. Overall, FanForce advocates an all-inclusion policy.

So for example, wearing just a cape and plastic Hasbro sabre is all good with us. You don't even have to wear a costume from the SW universe. Sci-Fi costuming is relaxed here and is just only one fun aspect of FF.:)

Thought it would be good to bring it up now, so that there is no confusion as to what we are in relation to other prevalent SW costuming groups like 501st, Rebel Legion, Jedi Assembly, that have higher, thus, more-expensive-to-achieve standards. But they are a wealth of information no matter what level you decide to take the hobby. :)

Chances are, no, if I make it at all to Galacticon; got other factors to contend with that weekend.

7. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Everything is good! I have a Luke Skywalker life size cut out (like most of you might have) Would that be something to use as decoration for the table at Galacticon?

8. PQVader

PQVader Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2008
    That would be perfect! Anything 'fun'to jazz up the table!

9. engineer

engineer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    And I know just the costume to put on it.

10. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I think I got some coupons for milk. I can have Lily color them with her blue crayola marker and make it representative of Aunt Beru's milk in ANH?

That or make arrangements for special delivery of Lily's baby bantha-like poo, fresh from the diaper pale![face_laugh]

11. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Hey there's two different people selling life size standez (cut outs) of Star Wars people on craigslist. One guy has 3 that were Pepsi dissplays that he's willing to take $25 for all 3 plus a Power Ranger one. The other has several different ones alittle more in price. They both live near the Lynn Haven Mall? I'd get them but it's to far to drive from Yorktown. Just FYI

12. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    if possible post the link please. I might go grab them if i can.

thanks

13. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    I can't get anything to post on here for some reason. OK the one that has the Pepsi ones call Tommy @ 576-1193 and the others I only have an email babybargains@cox.net The Tommy guy is moving and needs to get rid of them now. Tommy has the Power Ranger one too I'll split the cost of what ever ones you want and I want if interested. Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.