main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Who HAS tickets(and do you have any for me?)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by corran_rouge9, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Hey. As said in the where will we be thread, my parents fell through. Who had success, who's still trying, who failed? And those who succeeded, any tickets available???? PPPPPLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE????????????????

Well, go ahead, start bragging...

2. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I would try (858) 558-2AMC if you can't get down to the theater. That's how I got mine.

Edit: The midnight show is listed under the 15th, not the 16th. They may have realized that 12:01 is technically considered the 16th, but when I called this morning, it was under the 15th.

3. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I just called that number and the 12:01 showing is sold out. :_| :_|

Oh well. Guess I won't be going after all. :(

4. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    www.ultrastarmovies.com has them on sale. And they are having 12:01 AM showings. And they are in DIGITAL!

5. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Try movietickets.com listed on the 15th ... The manager said if they sold out quickly then he'd open it up to 4 screens showing it instead of 2, so there may be tix available online!!!

6. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I got tix for 8 of us (yes, they are spoken for) for AMC MV at 12:01am.

I will post this info in other threads as well, but here's official word from the AMC Sr. Ops. Mgr as of 5pm today (5-3-02):

AMC MV has sold tix so far for ONLY ONE screen... they *will* be adding screens to the website at movietickets.com one at a time starting tonite and going through next week, until a total of 4 screens showing SW are sold out. So if you didn't get tix today, try again tonite after 6pm and keep checking the website! More tix *will* be available!!!

7. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Well, guess this thread has become redundant. Thanks for the info JediG60racer. Hope to see you there. Good luck to all(after I have my tickets at least ;) ) and anyone how has the ability, feel free to lock this thread.

8. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    ok guys i just came from the ultrastar in chula vista. well ultrastar is having the 12;01 am showing and their sound rocks. and they are digital. panaka i will be there. i got my tickets :) if none of you have any tickets yet. go there and get them fast. im sure they are still available.

i know most of you are going to amc. but to tell you the truth that place is overrated. no offence to anyone. just preference. i think they are too commercialized. i prefer sound quality over anything.

is anyone from the asociation going other than me?

9. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I like THX sound better too, but AMC MV is down the hill from my house so it's *the* choice as far as driving home at 3am (or 4am if we go to Denny's afterwards). However, I want to echo MJF's post in another thread and say it's great that we aren't all going to the same place because we can get the word out about the SDSWS more effectively!

10. sandiegojedi

sandiegojedi Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    I just found the following - and bought my tickets over the phone:
    Pacific Town Square (all Stadium Seats)
    4665 Clairemont Drive (off Clairemont Mesa Blvd)
    They are not available online, but you can phone: 858 274 3805 and order over the phone... they are definitely showing at midnight .
    I just picked them up - yes I have my tickets... and will now rest!

11. Jedrek

Jedrek Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    I was the FIRST one to get tix for the 12:01 AM premiere at the AMC mission Valley. :D

12. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, what time were you there? I was expecting a big line, but when I wandered down there at 9:30am there was only one other person there buying tix. Pleasantly surprised.

13. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    As of late afternoon yesterday Edwards Mira Mesa had sold only half of its tickets for the 12:01am show.

When I went to buy tickets yesterday for this show, I was told by four different people that it was sold out. After ranting, cursing, and crying for an hour or so, I returned to buy tickets for a 16 May daytime show and found out that those four different people had been misinformed. I bought my tickets from an enthusiastic clerk who said the first show is always the best and that it was going to be great. Without knowledge of my ordeal, he said, "It's really sad. We thought we were sold out and we weren't." I don't know how many people they turned away during that dark time.

They really mishandled this sale. They never added it to their newspaper ad, like AMC, they never included it in their taped message, and none of their clerks could tell me anything useful before 3 May.

For those who wish to speak to a human to find out what's left, here are the phone numbers:

858-635-7716
    858-634-7717

14. DarthObsidian

DarthObsidian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    I was thinking of checking out the midnight show there. But also, AMC MV20 said that they might open another screen up tomorrow for midnight. Hard to choose which one to go to... I want the best audience. So many choices :)

15. DarthObsidian

DarthObsidian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    Oh what the hell. Ok, I got tickets for midnight showing at MiraMesa18! W00 See you all there whoever can make it :)

16. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Movietickets.com has tickets again!!!!!! I just got mine. 12:02am show at Mission Valley 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.