main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHO HATES JANGO AND/OR BOBA FETT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    ARE THEY OVERUSED?
    ARE THEY OVERHYPE?
    GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK

AXL

Sturm : Thread locked at author's request.

2. Lazarious

Lazarious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    definately overhyped.

as far as being overrused, I guess they do add to the storylines.

but come on people, they are people that find people for money. compared to people that can move stuff around with their minds, they aren't too exciting.

3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    only one responce come on

AXL

4. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Jango and Boba Rule, stop the Fett Bashing!

5. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I'll second that! Stop the Fett bashing! Stop the hate! Post a topic about something you like for once, oh people of the JC forums! Sheesh. :p

ARE THEY OVERUSED?

No.

ARE THEY OVERHYPE?

No.

GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK

You got it! :)

6. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    well any oppinion is wanted so thanks for the feedback

AXL

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    All the Boba/ Jango love really annoys me. I could have done w/ 1 less scene w/ them in AOTC so GL could have kept in a couple extra lines of dialogue or edited in 1 deleted scene into the love story. (Although if GL did edit in the scenes and kept all the Fett stuff, I wouldn't mind.)

Boba has always annoyed me though. His and Jango's deaths are VERY satisfying!!

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think Boba´s story in AOTC gives him so much more depth. It makes his character so sad, almost pathetic.
    I feel bad for him :_|

9. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    why feel sorry for them, why i tell you

AXL

10. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    They're chumps. They both die like cowardly little girls. Personally, I don't get excited about characters with 7 or 8 lines in a six film series.

They're LAME.

11. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    very true ferel

AXL

12. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Ok!!! Now you've done it!!! This should be locked!! I don't go and start anything about certian characters I don't like.....which I have some I don't care for. But please stop all this Fett bashing!!! They have a huge following and I'm getting sick and tired of reading all this crap ppl are saying about them. They're just as much a part of Star Wars then all the other characters. Why can't everyone on this board just get along and stop hating each other cause they have a love for a charater. I love Jango and Boba very much....and nothing is going to stop me from loving them. I think they're cool!!! Anyways....I just hope this get's locked up cause I hate arguing with someone who doesn't have respect for other ppl's feelings!!

13. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Oh sheyit...not another Mandalorian Bashing...

I love those characters and its a 1980 TESB thing...you had to be living at the time...

14. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Jango is pretty cool, but Boba is a moron.

15. Ninja_Jedi

Ninja_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't hate them, I don't like them. GL has yet to give me any good resons why to like Buba. Well I have to admite, Jango did do pretty good against OB1, and lasted a **** load longer against Mace than I would have. So in a way Jango has earned some respect, but so far Buba seems to have done nothing but look cool and scream like a girl when dieing. Maybe George will give cause to like him in III, but untill then, he is nadda to me.

16. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "why feel sorry for them, why i tell you"

Boba and Jango are obvioulsy very close. Jango treats his personal clone like his own "son". Boba apparently has high regards for his "father" as well. Why not feel sorry for him. He witnesses his "father" die! I think it is very sad when Boba picks up his father's head, I feel his pain! I want to see him get revenge, although Mace is not really at fault for what he did since it was self defence. Come on, look at it from Boba's point of view!

"I don't go and start anything about certian characters I don't like.....which I have some I don't care for. But please stop all this Fett bashing!!!"

MSFORMULA makes a good point. There are several characters that I utterly hate in Star Wars, but I don't go around blasting them and their fans every chance I get. If you don't care for the Fetts, then fine, but why go bad mouthing them and stepping on so many other people's toes? This isn't neccessarily pointed at just GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE, but to all of you who seem to want to change our opinion on the Fetts. Show some respect for what other people like instead of going out of the way to diss things.

"I love those characters and its a 1980 TESB thing...you had to be living at the time..."

Exactly, KAMPILAN, our love for the Boba Fett character dates back to the days of TESB, and even a couple of years before that with his original appearance in the Star Wars Holiday Special animated segment. None of us knew that George Lucas was going to off him in such a stupid way, but know he has seen the light and has given us fans something better than we could have ever expected in AOTC! It makes up for the ROTJ mistake, but I would still like to see it redone for the Ultimate Edition, even if its just replacing his scream!

"Well I have to admite, Jango did do pretty good against OB1, and lasted a **** load longer against Mace than I would have. So in a way Jango has earned some respect"

Thanks for acknowledging that, NINJA_JEDI. People seem to forget that Jango, even though he is an experienced bounty hunter, is still just a regular person up against a MASTER JEDI. Why would he last longer than he did against someone like Mace? Bounty Hunters are skilled, but as for going up against Mace Windu, Jango held out pretty good and met a respectable end!

17. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Boba Fett tracked Han to Cloud City. In the process, Boba outsmarted Han by also hiding in the "garbage." Boba is the only reason that Han, Leia, and Chewie were traced to Cloud City and captured there. Without Boba's quick thinking/intuition/whatever Han would not have been frozen in carbonite and Han would have had a grand old time with Lando. ;)

However, when it comes to fighting, obviously the stuff we saw Jango do in AOTC was lightyears better than what Boba did in ROTJ... oh well, I guess you have to remember that the OT didn't have Nick Gillard. ;)

18. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Hey ferelwookie...What exactly did Chewbacca do in the OT that was so awe-inspiring?

He roared alot, and shot a few stormtroopers.
    And compared to Chewie's lines, any Fett dialogue seems like Hamlet.

Stop the hate...how can you hate an imaginary person?

19. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    its not a fett bashing. i just asked 2 questions. if you hate them and why

AXL

20. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    I love Boba and I want to have his children. I'm sure I said this somewhere else.

21. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    you want to have his children?? :confused:

AXL

22. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    I want to kill buba, damn Han beat me to it. =/
    Really though, I'd like to have that jet pack/flame throwing/blast protecting/ect. suit, that would be "Wizerd"! is it?

23. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    cool quote

AXL

24. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    yes his children. lots and lots of little Boba babies!! :)

25. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Wouldn't it cost a lot to feed/oil/maintain them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.