main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHO HATES JANGO AND/OR BOBA FETT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout_Trooper

Scout_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Edit: sorry for the double post, my browser is acting a little screwy.

2. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Boba Fett is lame. If you want proof try reading the Bounty Hunter Trilogy... it is the ultimate lamest Fett book ever, he was lame in the movies (being beaten by a half-blind man) but boy is he even more lame in this (for completely different reasons)

As for Jango, he got decapitated 'nuff said.

3. MandaloreWarrior

MandaloreWarrior Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    That's it. I've heard enough. I sat through and read these 3 pages of garbage. Not one person who dislikes the Fetts gave a valid reason why they hate them!!! I don't go around complaining that the good guys always win, I want the bad guys to win. For those of you that read the books, I want the Yuuzhan Vong to win. Enough with the good guys. Also, Jango did not have to go down and fight Mace Windu, he could have just shot him from the ledge. But he didn't, he went down and fought like a man. If that Reek didn't trample him, who knows what would have happened. And Obi-Wan didn't do to good against Jango, did he?
    Now on to Boba. He outsmarted all the Imperials on a Star Destroyer by finding Han hiding in the garbage. He captured Solo at Cloud City. If Vader didn't stop him in the Carbon Freezing Chamber, well... let's just say Chewie wouldn't be himself anymore... And on Tatooine, if you notice, he had Luke tied up. If the stupid Vizzam the Nikto didn't fire that laser blast that Luke deflects into the ropes, freeing himself, Luke would be crispy fried. (And by the way, Boba Fett is the only bounty hunter to be payed twice for the same bounty.)
    The Fetts deserve more respect than anyone can give them. Lucas said in Star Wars Insider that if Boba wasn't so POPULAR, he wouldn't have used Jango in Episode II. BOBA IS POPULAR, HE IS A CULT ICON. I don't see people making up boards like "Who Hates Jedi and Why". Maybe I should start a board like that... FETTS RULE, GET OVER IT!!!

4. Ninja_Jedi

Ninja_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah, Vader only took down the emp and all.....Buba, got killed by a half blind and disorented Han. Vader wiped out the Jedi, and is considered by many to be the most powerful Jedi. Buba looked cool. So did Vader.

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    What the F@#k are you talking about the are awoesome!

6. MandaloreWarrior

MandaloreWarrior Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    At least Boba doesn't whine like Luke... "I was going to Tosche's Station to pick up power convertors!! WAH WAH."

7. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Oh my God!

We are arguing over MADE UP characters! We are making fun of MADE UP characters!

We don't have to go into detail on WHY a Fett sucks, because they are NOT REAL!

Its ok to discuss characters, but when you talk about how much a character sucks and is lame then that makes it retarded becuase your bashing a fictional character.

Now I'm sick of defending on this thread, so I suggest all Fett fans leave and the Fett haters will have no one to argue with.

8. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Thats cool! Now we can talk bad about Fett, and you guys can't bug us! hehe j/k :)

9. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    wow i can't believe the can of worms i opened

AXL

10. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hey, You asked for it...

Whenever there is Fett Bashing we fans gotta represent!

11. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    :_| at all those Fett haters...
    :_| Don't worry I still love them
    well Boba

12. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    Boba Fett is my dad.

And he's cool.

And most of the Fett bashers here are from June and July '02, and they can't give a good reason besides some dumb EU thing.

(The poster's mother, Mrs. Fett, would like you to ignore this post as the poster was quite drunk at the time....but he still loves Boba Fett, who is his dad.)

13. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    Just because you are signed up late for the forums,doesn't mean you don't have something good to bring to the table. I think to say something like that is pretty lame.

14. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    Read my post again.

I am joking.

Who jammed the Mandalorian armor up your a$$?

Lighten up, drink a beer, turn on some music.

Ah, beer is good.

And so is Boba Fett!

15. Ninja_Jedi

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm 15, I'm always pissed, and to young to drink (Dad's REALLY big)

16. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I started drinking when I was 16!! And I love the Fett's even if they're not real. They're real in my heart and my dreams. I wish bashers would get a life, cause they seem not to have one if all they can do is start something.

17. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    what if they aren't new, and just got banned and got new names?????

AXL

18. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Boba Fett is cool :cool:! I have had twenty four years of Fett (since 1978) and will never change my opinion of him. He is "the best bounty hunter", as spoken from the animated Vader's own mouth, or mechanical voice box, or triangular breath screen, or whatever! :D We Fett fans are here to stay! ;)

19. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    You haters need to get over yourselves!

Jango and Boba both played pivitol roles in the star wars universe!

The Fetts are very very kick ass and cool, and no one's comments could make me think any other way!

By the way, anyone know of a Boba/Jango thread or a Daniel/Temuera thread on which I can go gush on?? :)

-~Dormé~-

20. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow... this page really got stretched out. :(

Dorme

Check out the Fett Family Thread in the AOTC forum. It is a Fett Gusher paradise. ;)

21. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Thanks Luke_Clone! I'll be heading over there methinks!

-~Dormé~-

22. AutumnFett

AutumnFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    This all cracks me up for some reason.
    I've loved Boba Fett since 1980. But I'm not sure it was because of the movie or the books or anything. I was at Atlanta's Fantasy Faire and saw someone dressed as Boba Fett, got a crush on him and hung out with him all weekend. Then I thought he WAS Boba Fett for months after.

On a more serious note, altho that was pretty serious to me at the time, I've always loved the mystery of Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters. I love the idea of bounty hunters and vivilantes in movies and fictional novels. (However, I don't relish the idea of them in "real" life, no way.) And I LOVE that his background is now shown in EpII. I love Jango for a lot of reasons, but I won't go into all those here. *snicker*

23. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I don't.......

they are just freakin' cool........that's all that matters.

I know GL probably said to himself...."Wow, I've got this guy that is a cult favorite, so let's give him some backstory........"

that's all I chalk it up to and I appreciate it.

Faithfully Submitted,

Space

24. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I hear you AutumnFett! Jango is extremely handsome and kick @$$!!

Did you catch any of Temuera's shows at the Celebration??? He was great, I only saw 2, because on the 1st day I was too confused to understand anything (my 1st convention ;) )!

But I just love him and Daniel! Both very fun and cute!!

Anyone here ever seen some of Temuera's films besides me?? :D

-~Dormé~-

25. TwistedMentat

TwistedMentat Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    "ARE THEY OVERUSED?"

No, because they do add to the storyline. Jango is the "father" of the clones. Boba is a bounty hunter who killed Jedi during the Purge, found Han etc.

"ARE THEY OVERHYPE?"

Yes, yes, yes, a millions times yes. There are more worshippers of Boba Fett that you can possible imagine. He has this aura of mystique and "coolness" about him. But it doesn't make him a cool character.

Jango dies an unglorious 5 second death against a Jedi.

Boba dies an unglorious 5 second death against a blind man.

Simple. Lucas rhymes himself, like father, like son.

"GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK"

I liked Boba Fett from the OT. It didn't bother me that he "died" in the Sarlacc Pit. Its just that a lot of fans couldn't let go of him and the EU had to bring him back. I'm glad Lucas killed of Jango easily just like Boba.

(Please don't argue about wether he lives or not, here is a better place to go)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.