main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who hates that cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sea_trooper, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_jedi21

master_jedi21 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2003
    People say the cartoon is unrealistic or doesn't make sense. Now, these things aren't justified because a) It's a cartoon, it doesn't have to be realistic or make sense. and b) It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense.

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I love this cartoon! What is so bad about it?

Have you not read the previous pages? I'm not rehashing my opinion, as it hasn't changed. And maybe I'm just an animation snob, but hey, it takes all kinds to make a world.

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Gigli sucked!

And Attack of the Clones was the best Star Wars film out there, fanboy. Nothing could beat that movie! And I liked the cartoon, it was cool. And I think they should do a season 3 of it.

People with almost 10,000 posts in around a year on internet message boards have no business calling someone else a "fanboy".

That being said...I thought the Clone wars 'toon was pretty ok. Not mind blowing...but decent.

4. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I don't hate it. I thought it took star wars to a new level.

5. Anakins_other_Angel

Anakins_other_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I like the Cartoon. It gives us a look at the Clone Wars that were not going to get to see in a movie.

I like the animation to. I wish that the actors from the movies would have done the voices, but you can't have everything you want. :p

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know, what I hate about the cartoons is the fact that they decided to do them just 3 to 4 minutes long. That really sucked! It would have been nice if they did 4 seasons of 5 episodes at 12 minutes each for each season. As far as the content goes, I'm not going to argue. I truly loved the fighting that occurred throughout the whole hour and 3 minutes. In a way, that was what I expected from Attack of the Clones, instead we got we can't live a line crap from Padme. The cartoons believe it or not will be one of the ways to go after episode 3. I hope that they do more in different eras, but my favorite, and perhaps the best era would be in the Knights of the Old Republic. There the animation/cartoon can go over the top with Jedi's vs Sith in ways that would be unbelievable.

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Well it appears that the topic is dying down. The people who hate it appear to be either malcontents or snobs, and the people who like it still have an inner sense of joy and happiness. All is settled.

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    *has inner sense of joy and happiness*

9. StarWarsFiend

StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    i really cant believe what im seeing this guy dosnt like CW and fifty million ppl come out of the wood work just to put him down for it. He made his thread asking ppl not to ask him why he didnt like it, because he knew it would digress into an arguement. People i watched CW ritualistically and like it alot but i see what this guy means. The voice acting is lacking in some spots. I think Padme and and Anakin sound like to Jersey kids from the mall. Not that theres anythign wrong with Jersey kids from the mall just dont have them voice act. The animation has dazzled me. Especially during the Mace episodes. But i see how thing guy might have problems with it. I think Obi-wans hair looks really wierd. I thought Durge looked to cartoony. And yes i realize this was made for children too but i CAN SEE WHERE THIS DUDE IS COMING FROM. I will not jump on him just because i like CW and he dosnt. Instead i will say this. I disagree that it is and insult, i like the cartoon alot. But i see how you could have probs with the voices and animation. I for one am a huuge Samurai Jack fan and love that Cartoon. I would rather see more Jack that more CW only because Jack had an neverending quest type thing going for him. New stuff all the time. CW is great and has new plots, but we all know where its gonna end up.

10. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Well it appears that the topic is dying down. The people who hate it appear to be either malcontents or snobs, and the people who like it still have an inner sense of joy and happiness. All is settled.

Or, the people who hate it haven't changed their opinion, and neither have the people who loved it. And rather than carry out an argument that was going nowhere anyway, they focused on more important things, like their full-time jobs. ;)

There are bigger issues in the world to argue about than the quality of one short cartoon series. It's cosmic significance is fairly low, I would imagine.

11. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I have only seen 2 episodes so far. The one where the Jedi are hiding and Grievous is really kicking their Forceful behinds and one where Anakin fights Aajja (?) in a jungle.

I don't have to see anymore... please... Why? BECAUSE I GOT TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!!!! I loved it! Can't wait to get my hands on the whole series! Especially the latter one. I had the volume knob way open and the action was incredible!

Ok, I only watched ten minutes of the series, but that's all I need, man!

Speaking of that: anyone know something more about a possible dvd-release of the Clone Wars?

12. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    It's fine if people dont like the cartoons or if they even hate it, but we dont need a whole thread of it.

13. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    The cartoons were extremely well done and I cant wait for the DVD.

14. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    In response to the very first post of the thread...

I personally think the voices were done very well, mainly Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Palpatine. As for the animation, some people just don't like the Samurai Jack-ish style, and I can't say I blame you. I think it works very well in the CW Cartoon, though. And there's nothing wrong with Cartoon Network. Had the cartoon been on Noggin or something, I'd agree with you. But it's on Cartoon Network, so I don't. And I am really tired. Off to bed I go.

15. StarWarsFiend

StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    night night warmonger.
    I think the voice acting of padme and anakin is lacking. The animation is superb just odd at time. I think the major killer if anything is the voice acting and the running time. Also i dont like that it contains a dark jedi. Dark Jedi dont fit into the Lucas vision of SW, thats a deep EU thing, and it just turned me off a bit. I think the animator keeps a mostly Lucas like feel to it except a few bits here and there.

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Wow, Boskone_Keonbi, I thought you had to go to Fox News to see spin like that. They just have a difference of opinion about hte show, that's all. . .

17. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    See SWFiend, if SeaTrooper had said something like that in the opening statement to this thread I would think he isnt just trying to bait all the people at Clone Wars Defense Force.

Instead he just said he hated the cartoons and wasnt giving any reasons why.

18. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    My "spinned" statement was mainly to counter the SeaTrooper effect, meaning that I do think he started this thread for flamebaiting. There are reasons not to think that CLONE is the greatest thing since the Bible, but there is no rational reason to "hate" it.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Fair enough, Boskone. Fair and balanced. :p

In all seriousness, I see your point. Good stuff.

20. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Glad to see that we agree. ;)
    Now what have you got against Fox News? ;) They dedicated a whole 5 minute story to the Yoda/Dooku fight when AOTC came out. Sure they dont begin every newscast with "America Held Hostage By Republicans, Day 1245," but there are plenty of other channels who see things that way. Its refreshing to see jounalists admit that there is GOOD news to report from time to time about the war.

21. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    I can see why some people might not like SW:CWC as the animation is not "realistic" and everyone has "superhuman" eg: mace taking out all those droids.

but I enjoy all the episodes and like someone said earlier it gives the clone wars themselves a bigger picture, you know whats going on in the galaxy at war.

and of course we see GG in full force :)

22. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Who hates that cartoon?

I don't... Many people have different opinions. I personally think it's a great cartoon, and it brought the Star Wars universe into a whole new dimension

23. Leia's Starboard Hair Bun

Leia's Starboard Hair Bun Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 1999
    Are the cartoons considered canon? Has anything official been said about how they fit into the saga?

24. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    The cartoons are as canon as any other EU. If they fit in with events in the movies, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if EpIII should tell us that Ki-Adi Mundi didn't fight the General, then we've got to accept the movie's version of events.

Although personally, I don't care about the canon thing any more. So long as there are no huge clangers, I love it all. :D

Damn, wrong thread to have said that [face_laugh]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Are the cartoons considered canon? Has anything official been said about how they fit into the saga?

The cartoons, like the books and comics and ... and everything else, are considered "Expanded Universe" by LFL. This means that they ARE canon; unless something in the movies contradicts them or they are retroactively assigned the "Infinities" label later.

Thus you may, for the purposes of discussion, think that everything in the cartoon actually occurs at some point between AOTC and EIII. Please see The2ndQuest's thread about chronology to determine exactly where... ;)

That is the OFFICIAL LFL position; you are, of course, free to believe or feel any way you wish about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.